HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Why do we not want Zadina? The guy was one of the best players at the WJC at 18 and was lights out all year. Elite skill and not afraid to go to the dirty areas.

Take him at 3 and move on... don't get cute.

Because we can't possibly have an easy option to pick and people love being contrary to the given rankings.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Does anyone know why Zadina is ranked higher than Wahlstrom? I guess based on results last season and not future projection? It just looks like Wahlstrom's game prjects better in the NHL and he seems to be a lot more power forwardish than Zadina is.

You'll laugh, but the 2 reasons are because of the CHL, and because of the WJC

if i had a gun to my head and had to choose between the two of Zadina or Wahlstrom, i probably also pick wahlstrom..

which is why all the ktachuk talk is disapointing not in the sense that were f***ed if we get him, but why isnt the conversation including wahlstrom more at 3 is whats puzzling everyone, people are even taking kotka at 3 before Wahlstrom

Reactions: shutehinside

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
At the spot he's going you're likely better off getting a center or D that may have dropped. Wahlstrom and Farabee would be great IF we didn't have serious needs at center and D.

More of a commentary about Tkachuk being good with Wahlstrom, a lesser valued player in the draft would also do the same job and be a more plausible target.

Reactions: shutehinside

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
You'll laugh, but the 2 reasons are because of the CHL, and because of the WJC

if i had a gun to my head and had to choose between the two of Zadina or Wahlstrom, i probably also pick wahlstrom..

which is why all the ktachuk talk is disapointing not in the sense that were ****ed if we get him, but why isnt the conversation including wahlstrom more at 3 is whats puzzling everyone, people are even taking kotka at 3 before Wahlstrom

There aren't really many game breaking power forwards in the game today.

Ovechkin is one.

If a player plays wing, I'd rather he project to Pasternak, Radulov, Patrick Kane, Kucherov, Laine Giroux, Hall, Kessel, Gaudreau, Panarin, or Voracek.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I'll throw it back out. Don't like his hockey sense at all even if he's a physical specimen.
I think if anyone is severly lacking hockey IQ on that U18 squad, it's Bode Wilde. The guy has rocks for brains.

Miller's issues are overblown, and I thought he really was starting to put it all together at the under-18's. He's got good vision and his physical attributes do him well on defense, even if it needs improvement.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think if anyone is severly lacking hockey IQ on that U18 squad, it's Bode Wilde. The guy has rocks for brains.

Miller's issues are overblown, and I thought he really was starting to put it all together at the under-18's. He's got good vision and his physical attributes do him well on defense, even if it needs improvement.

I took Wilde off my shortlist (Miller isn't on it either), I think when all was said and done only Stastney from the American blue line made it for me

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I took Wilde off my shortlist (Miller isn't on it either), I think when all was said and done only Stastney from the American blue line made it for me
I like Stastney too. That blueline has flaws, but I think it looks worse than it is because of coaching. American fans seem to not think very highly of the coaching staff there, specifically the defensive structure.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
That's a sweet spot. We need a pick there.

from what i've been reading, it seems like the problem with this draft is a guy you pick at 15, you might get someone better at 25 or 35. Seems like a great year to have as many picks as possible in the 15-35/40 range. If we had a creative thinking GM, which I know is fantasy land talk, and to be honest I just don't know enough about this draft but it sounds like it would be a great year to trade down your highest picks to mid to late 1st (or acquire one in that range) and then try to trade up with you late 2nd, 3rd round picks. For a team that has so many holes to fill on the farm system it least in theory sounds like a good bet.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

Wilde Must be related to Beaulieu then

Reactions: Habs76
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: