HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I like Stastney too. That blueline has flaws, but I think it looks worse than it is because of coaching. American fans seem to not think very highly of the coaching staff there, specifically the defensive structure.

A bad structure is a bad structure and I can look passed it if it's clear from all pairings that it was coach induced and it was but that also doesn't excuse decision making and smarts and I saw far too many plays from K'Andre that just told me he didn't get it. Hell of an athlete. Great tools. But I've been fooled by that before and I've seen enough troubles in enough games to say he's not a gamble i would take in the first and I don't think he's there for a second.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Just think of the wing depth.

Drouin-----Zadina
Galchenyuk---------Gallagher
Hudon---------Scherbak
Byron------------Lekhonen
D-lo

That's insane depth! Too bad there's no C's in between

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Just think of the wing depth.

Drouin-----Zadina
Galchenyuk---------Gallagher
Hudon---------Scherbak
Byron------------Deslauriers

That's insane depth! Too bad there's no C's in between
For the bottom two pairs we do have centers: Danault and DLR. i see you erased Captain Ready from the lineup. He should help us get a center in a package.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I'm intrgued by O'Brien in/for Round 2.

Wrote here a few days ago B's will be ticked if Habs draft him, and that's gravy.

Want a draft cam to catch Neely pounding the draft table, lol.

Jul 6, 2016
In an ideal World, Habs would have 3 picks in the first 10-12 overall next Draft Day.

They need a center, a LD and a winger. So far they have ONE pick only. They could acquire another one by trading Patches. As for a third one, some magic has to be done.

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016
The last time we had this many second-round picks we picked Fucale, Dalton Thrower, De La Rose. We need to do a lot better than that this year!

Reactions: shutehinside

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The last time we had this many second-round picks we picked Fucale, Dalton Thrower, De La Rose. We need to do a lot better than that this year!

The last time they had this many second-Round picks they picked De Le Rose, Fucale, and Lehkonen. Not Thrower.

Lehkonen is a full-time NHL'er. DLR is on his way to being one with the way he played since Plekanec's trade.

Reactions: 417

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016
The last time they had this many second-Round picks they picked De Le Rose, Fucale, and Lehkonen. Not Thrower.

Lehkonen is a full-time NHL'er. DLR is on his way to being one with the way he played since Plekanec's trade.
Oops. I'm mixing up draft years. They did take Thrower (and Collberg) the year before.

Readytostart

Feb 19, 2016
I'm not sure about DLR, though. Lots of players show well late-season after playoff hopes are gone, then don't follow that up the next year. I'm hoping, though, because he looked good with Chucky late in the year.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You forgot Lehkonen who’s been the best player of his round. DLR has the second most goals of his round, truth is, there was not much talent in those multi pick rounds.

We did good considering

Reactions: Andrei79

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
any input on ranta, milos roman, and riley sutter for later rounds?

Ranta has skill and speed, a plus shot but he doesn't think the game well.

Roman isn't overly talented but active in all three zones and is a strong playnaking C. Should be a third round pick.

Sutter is an absolute bum

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Would like either of Zadina or Hughes, I didn't see a lot of Hughes but people are raving about him like crazy. Henchman on the Avs board who is one of the most knowledgable posters out there pegs him as a future elite #1 and a potential Norris winner. And I've seen some chatter about him that is highly flattering.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
You forgot Lehkonen who’s been the best player of his round. DLR has the second most goals of his round, truth is, there was not much talent in those multi pick rounds.

We did good considering

Yep, can't really blame Timmins there. It's too bad, because 2016 could have been another 2007 for us, everything points towards his list being on point that year.

He's done much, much better in the last few years.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm not sure about DLR, though. Lots of players show well late-season after playoff hopes are gone, then don't follow that up the next year. I'm hoping, though, because he looked good with Chucky late in the year.
He was also solid for Team Sweden at the World Championships

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Let's just hope they don't have a bounce back season like in 12-13

It's possible cause we have tons of cap space and I don't expect us to come out of the gate as flat as we did last year. Worse start in franchise history. What are the chances this happens again? All depends on health and who we spend our cap space on.

Starts with Price and then the maturity with the age 25 and under core. Then who we have that is not on our roster today. It's totally possible we turn it around again but I'm thinking more like a top 10-16 place finish at best.

Reactions: jayhabsvgk

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
In an ideal World, Habs would have 3 picks in the first 10-12 overall next Draft Day.

They need a center, a LD and a winger. So far they have ONE pick only. They could acquire another one by trading Patches. As for a third one, some magic has to be done.

I think the only other shot we have at a 1st outside of Pacioretty like that that we should look into is Petry.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It's possible cause we have tons of cap space and I don't expect us to come out of the gate as flat as we did last year. Worse start in franchise history. What are the chances this happens again? All depends on health and who we spend our cap space on.

Starts with Price and then the maturity with the age 25 and under core. Then who we have that is not on our roster today. It's totally possible we turn it around again but I'm thinking more like a top 10-16 place finish at best.

We were healthy to start the year. We were just garbage. I think it's another painful year next year unless JT does us a solid.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We were healthy to start the year. We were just garbage. I think it's another painful year next year unless JT does us a solid.

We had a shitty pre-season and there was no urgency. The general thinking was not to panic. This carried over into the season and our D was garbage like you said. We lost Radulov and Markov and there was still pressure to produce. It was a perfect storm.

I don't expect us to rebound into a top 10 team. But I expect a little bounce back and other players inserted from our available cap space. Price needs to be Price though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->