HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think the only other shot we have at a 1st outside of Pacioretty like that that we should look into is Petry.

I'd be all for it.

However, if I'm not mistaken, he can only be traded as of July 1st. Cap Friendly says that he can list 15 teams he cannot be traded to, but doesn't give a precise date: "Starting 2018-19, Lists 15 teams he can not be traded to." Usually, these type of clauses kick in on July 1st, so if we're looking for a pick amongst the assets sought in a return for him, it'll be a 2019 pick.

Reactions: jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'd be all for it.

However, if I'm not mistaken, he can only be traded as of July 1st. Cap Friendly says that he can list 15 teams he cannot be traded to, but doesn't give a precise date: "Starting 2018-19, Lists 15 teams he can not be traded to." Usually, these type of clauses kick in on July 1st, so if we're looking for a pick amongst the assets sought in a return for him, it'll be a 2019 pick.
Sign me up.....I like Petry but.....

Reactions: Runner77

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'd be all for it.

That's fine tbh.

I'd be fine keeping him too. He doesn't do much to prevent the tank. If anything, he's often an active participant. He's the kind of stopgap needed for the upcoming RD's as well. Part of a successful rebuild is not rushing these young players.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's fine tbh.

I'd be fine keeping him too. He doesn't do much to prevent the tank. If anything, he's often an active participant. He's the kind of stopgap needed for the upcoming RD's as well. Part of a successful rebuild is not rushing these young players.

If Petry were traded, who would take his spot right now? Juulsen?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
It's funny, this year we have on record the Canes, Habs and Red Wings claiming that they're open to trading their picks, if the right offer comes along.

And yet historically, the 2nd, 3rd and 6th are graveyards for traded picks.

Conclusion: they're all carnival barkers. These three will be making their picks right where they are.

Well it's not that surprising, top picks rarely get traded to begin with so you have a small sample size. It's just random luck that 4th get traded more often then the 3rd.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Ray Ferraro just said on TSN690 that he really likes Zadina and thinks he's the best goal scorer in this years draft. Said if he had to choose between Zadina or Tkachuk he would take Zadina but it's really close.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
McGuire thinks trading will be a big part of this draft from what he's been hearing.

He's gonna talk about the draft tomorrow so maybe he'll elaborate more then but I doubt he'll give any info involving teams looking to trade or any picks in play.

Pierre has turned into the guy who hints at things he knows that's going on but won't tell anyone anymore. I'd rather he not even hint about it or bring it up if he isn't gonna spill the beans.

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
McGuire thinks trading will be a big part of this draft from what he's been hearing.

He's gonna talk about the draft tomorrow so maybe he'll elaborate more then but I doubt he'll give any info involving teams looking to trade or any picks in play.

Pierre has turned into the guy who hints at things he knows that's going on but won't tell anyone anymore. I'd rather he not even hint about it or bring it up if he isn't gonna spill the beans.
Gets us talking though, I think that’s kind of the point.

Everyone will tune in to his segment for the next week, boost ratings, his time slot commercials pay a premium hence he makes more money :)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Ray Ferraro just said on TSN690 that he really likes Zadina and thinks he's the best goal scorer in this years draft. Said if he had to choose between Zadina or Tkachuk he would take Zadina but it's really close.

Did Ferraro strictly focus on Zadina's goal scoring abilities and limit his "best" comment to that alone or did he bring up Svech into the discussion at any point?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

All teasers, no spoilers.

Pierre, give your shiny scalp a shake -- if you can't talk about it, then don't. So much brown-nosing by this guy and all he does is revel in it. Enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad