HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsSlappy

Jul 30, 2005
Ontario
I will say it once again.......draft Kotkaniemi. He can play one more year in Finland.

Throw everything you can at Tavares as UFA. Find a way to make it happen. I know you can't force someone to sign, but literally outbid everyone by a fair margin and get him.
Then the 2019-20 season we have Tavares - Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Danault as our centres.

That would finally be something to be proud of down the middle.

Edit: Also trade Pacioretty please for some picks/prospects and try to get a top defenseman in this draft, thanks!

Reactions: jaffy27

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
I'm fine with Dobson. I take back "we can't go wrong" which appears to be the case on the surface.

We can. So I think I'll sleep fine if it's Dobson.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
All of the teams are doing the same thing -- creating smokescreens and alternate scenarios. It's an easy thing to do, only requires a meeting and someone to report it. However, with so many teams doing it, is it still a viable strategy? Beats not doing it, I guess.

Reactions: BeliveauFan4ever

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
All of the teams are doing the same thing -- creating smokescreens and alternate scenarios. It's an easy thing to do, only requires a meeting and someone to report it. However, with so many teams doing it, is it still a viable strategy? Beats not doing it, I guess.

You have to cast doubt.

Reactions: Runner77

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Interesting that Matthew Tkachuk thinks his lil bro' can be a #1 CENTER...

@WeThreeKings just had a seizure (that's a joke btw, I don't actually hope you get a seizure)

Reactions: jaffy27

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Interesting that Matthew Tkachuk thinks his lil bro' can be a #1 CENTER...

@WeThreeKings just had a seizure (that's a joke btw, I don't actually hope you get a seizure)

He definitely misspoke and I'm not actually worried about it because anyone who actually watches Brady knows he's a winger.

Reactions: 417

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
With Galchenyuk gone now, I wonder if the Habs should draft Merkley.

Offensively talented PMD, can’t play defence and doesn’t seem to want to learn and a pain in the room.

They need a scapegoat for the future, and he fits the bill.

Reactions: Frank JT

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Insane to hear Timmins talk about the Ontario side of the draft...to the question about the firings of the 4 guys....that there will be restructuring and NO new guys will be added...saying that Matt Turek, WHO WORKS ALSO FOR THE HAMILTON BULLDOGS, is still with us, and that HE lives in Ontario, and that Boisvert and Audette watches Ontario too.....

Can't wait to see the restructuring....but as of now....wow. So we are actually cutting the costs on drafting? And you will have NO permanent amateur scout in Ontario? Can't be.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I will say it once again.......draft Kotkaniemi. He can play one more year in Finland.

Throw everything you can at Tavares as UFA. Find a way to make it happen. I know you can't force someone to sign, but literally outbid everyone by a fair margin and get him.
Then the 2019-20 season we have Tavares - Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Danault as our centres.

That would finally be something to be proud of down the middle.

Edit: Also trade Pacioretty please for some picks/prospects and try to get a top defenseman in this draft, thanks!
Your wish list parallels my daughters wish list around Christmas lol

Love it!!!

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
With Galchenyuk gone now, I wonder if the Habs should draft Merkley.

Offensively talented PMD, can’t play defence and doesn’t seem to want to learn and a pain in the room.

They need a scapegoat for the future, and he fits the bill.

Makes sense. They'll trade him for the next Alzner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad