HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Not that I heard, I watched it late though.He feels absolutely NO PRESSURE. Of course.

- He said we position our draft board based on asset value and asset value is determined by position hinting at where they rank centres and d men above wingers of equal talent.
- Said expect the unexpected we have to see who Carolina picks first if they even make that pick, which I thought was interesting.
- Said fans are obviously passionate and certainly have opinions on who they want but you have to watch them play, make your list and rewatch tape on them and make your decision then
- At #3 he made the point of going back to Carey Price saying at the time they had goaltending depth and they saw franchise potential in him drafted him anyway
- Said only position there isn't elite talent in this draft is goaltending
- Got pushed on the Q a lot and reporters were trying to get him to say he was going to draft a player from it and we wouldn't commit said he doesn't care where a player's from, take best pick available
- Said they're missing offensive defense men in their prospect pool
- Kotkaniemi is a true centre
- Not replacing Ontario scouts (which is strange)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anyone listening to Timmins live on FB? Reporter getting agitated about the Habs HAVE to draft someone from the Q with 4 2 round picks.. He's like.. Ah no depends who's left on the board :laugh:

Do you have a link?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

The timing of the announcement of their termination, was odd. However, they could be replaced after the draft. They were all part-timers anyway and their reports were already submitted, there is nothing more they could have added for this draft.

Reactions: jaffy27

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
- He said we position our draft board based on asset value and asset value is determined by position hinting at where they rank centres and d men above wingers of equal talent.
- Said expect the unexpected we have to see who Carolina picks first if they even make that pick, which I thought was interesting.
- Said fans are obviously passionate and certainly have opinions on who they want but you have to watch them play, make your list and rewatch tape on them and make your decision then
- At #3 he made the point of going back to Carey Price saying at the time they had goaltending depth and they saw franchise potential in him drafted him anyway
- Said only position there isn't elite talent in this draft is goaltending
- Got pushed on the Q a lot and reporters were trying to get him to say he was going to draft a player from it and we wouldn't commit said he doesn't care where a player's from, take best pick available
- Said they're missing offensive defense men in their prospect pool
- Kotkaniemi is a true centre

Thanks for taking the time to post a summary. Much appreciated. :thumbu:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Will be an interesting evening. We either have a great night or Bergevin gets fleeced by some GM

Svart

Live Slow, Die Fat
Jul 5, 2006
Insane to hear Timmins talk about the Ontario side of the draft...to the question about the firings of the 4 guys....that there will be restructuring and NO new guys will be added...saying that Matt Turek, WHO WORKS ALSO FOR THE HAMILTON BULLDOGS, is still with us, and that HE lives in Ontario, and that Boisvert and Audette watches Ontario too.....

Can't wait to see the restructuring....but as of now....wow. So we are actually cutting the costs on drafting? And you will have NO permanent amateur scout in Ontario? Can't be.

I agree.. I think they need to wait until after the draft to announce any new hirings.. if they're hiring someone who was employed by another NHL team

don't quote me on that

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Timmins also said they found some medical issues for kids at their combine which may save their lives.. has to be one of the undrafted kids since we would hear it like we did on Kaut

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
It's working, thank-you.

How do you hyperlink? I can never get any link from FB to work.

In the toolbar on top of your text field next to the font stuff there's a little chain-link looking thing, you select the text you want to link and then hit that and it will ask you for a URL

Reactions: Runner77

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I keep thinking about how if people are still skeptical on the whole "C or W" thing with Kotka as if the fact he plays a bit on the wing is a red flag that he cant play center...

Evgeny Malkin plays wing ALL THE TIME, doesnt mean he is not still a great center when used there, its just about using good players in key spots in the line up sometimes and if it means temporarily playing wing for a shift or a game, it does not mean the guy is not a center

now after having said all that, i fully and completely understand we just BOTCHED a 6 YEAR experiment in Galchenyuk.. so the confidence isnt exactly high in player development right now... nor should it.

Reactions: jaffy27

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
I keep thinking about how if people are still skeptical on the whole "C or W" thing with Kotka as if the fact he plays a bit on the wing is a red flag that he cant play center...

Evgeny Malkin plays wing ALL THE TIME, doesnt mean he is not still a great center when used there, its just about using good players in key spots in the line up sometimes and if it means temporarily playing wing for a shift or a game, it does not mean the guy is not a center

now after having said all that, i fully and completely understand we just BOTCHED a 6 YEAR experiment in Galchenyuk.. so the confidence isnt exactly high in player development right now... nor should it.

Yeah I get the skepticism too.. But Timmins sounded very sure in his assessment of Kotka that he will be a centre in NHL. He specifically said when he's playing in his age group he's always a centre. I think Chuckie had bounced around from centre to wing in junior.

Reactions: Redux91

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Timmins also said they found some medical issues for kids at their combine which may save their lives.. has to be one of the undrafted kids since we would hear it like we did on Kaut

More TT BS and lies. These kids are so heavily tested an monitored the last 3 years, TT discovered nothing of the sort. He stretches the truth, calls a hangnail a future bone illness, a wart a serious skin condition, etc. Was he wearing his little lift shoes when talking?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Will be an interesting evening. We either have a great night or Bergevin gets fleeced by some GM

Yep. And it's impossible, based on what happened so far, to think that it will be a great night. But hey we never know, even a broken clock....

Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad