HF Habs: Montreal Canadiens Draft (#3, #35, #38, #56, #62, #66, #97, #102, #122 & #128)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
They just confirmed that Hayton was the third player having dinner with the team. Which is not surprising after the rumors that Bergevin is entertaining the idea to move back because there is other centers in the draft. I wouldn't go back too much, but if they like him enough it gives some credibility to that rumor.

Inviting Svechnikov doesn't seem odd to me. He will probably be selected second overall, but you never know what can happen. This is the guy you need to draft, such a shame that he will probably never put that jersey on. It's also a good moment to see how those guys carry themselves in a situation like that, you learn a lot from an individual by the way they carry themselves.

They could likely move out of the top 10 and still get Hayton. If the Habs do that I'd want something very big coming the Habs way to drop back that far. I'd hope MB as a trade on the table to get another 1st round pick to get Hayton instead of trading the 3rd overall and moving down to get him. After the misery that was last season they need to give the fanbase something to be excited about.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
My wish list is

1.Kotkaniemi
2.Zadina
3.Tkachuk
4.Wahlstrom
5.Dobson

As long as we walk out of the draft with one of these players I’ll be happy!!

Reactions: Redux91

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
They could likely move out of the top 10 and still get Hayton. If the Habs do that I'd want something very big coming the Habs way to drop back that far. I'd hope MB as a trade on the table to get another 1st round pick to get Hayton instead of trading the 3rd overall and moving down to get him. After the misery that was last season they need to give the fanbase something to be excited about.

Sure, it would be better to get a pick without using the 3rd overall but if you follow those rumors and the fact that Brad Treliving said that this year first round pick are expensive, it would be surprising to see them get a pick that high.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
3. Zadina
4. Kotka
5. Tkachuk
6. Dobson

I'd put them in this order, but wouldn't be shocked with any of them.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
A little far fetched. But I can see Poehling sign with Habs after his NCAA season finishes and going to Laval/make Habs out of camp. Kotkaniemi, for me, one year in Liiga, come to either Laval/make Habs out of camp.

I would think both would be in the NHL by 2020 the latest.
By 20/20.......that’s great vision on your part .......:sarcasm:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Trade the 3rd overall to the Islanders for their two first rounders??? Would you?
A couple of months ago if Kotkaniemi and Hayton were both projected as 10-15, but not now.

Still, the Islanders will do well with those 2 picks. They could get Farabee/Lundkvist - possibly even Boqvist

Reactions: Redux91

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
My biggest fear is Bergevin packaging the 3rd overall in a desperate trade for a quick fix like ROR.
For sure, personally I think those rumors are BS click baits. It's the usual draft week background noise.

The answer is in the room
Not sure I'm following, but hum we need quality everywhere, not just in the room at the moment. I'm not the kind of person who thinks buying twice as many lottery tickets increases my chances of winning by a lot. ;)

Reactions: Tyson

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad