Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens Acquire Gustav Olofsson from Minnesota for Will Bitten

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This is further proof that their are an abundance of LDs league wide. As much as it is our biggest hole, at least it is an easy hole to fill. Gambling on a bunch of these LDs should land us 1 or 2- and it looks like we've found one already in Reilly.

Solid LD prospects in the next draft too. I count 4 in McKenzie's top 15 at this stage.

Jul 6, 2016
this trade has 0 purpose

Have you looked at the left side of the Habs D-Corp recently ? + Kulak and Olofson can play in Laval for a while. Moravcik has some potential too.

Outside Mete, or even Reilly, it is very bad. But if you prefer Alzner, Benn, Schlemko or Ouellet.... then it's all great ! :naughty:

On the right side, we got Weber, Petry, Juulsen and soon enough, Josh Brook.

And by trading Taormina + Valiev, for one player only - Kulak - he claimed back one more precious pro contract to sign someone else down the road.

Jul 6, 2016
I meant that Bergevin had the chance to pick Olof on the waivers

29 other teams had the same oportunity... But if yu pick him, you MUST keep him on your NHL roster for at least 30 days. Now, the guy can go directly to AHL in Laval without going thru waivers.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I like his first name : Gustav.
Seriously I think Habs bank of defensemen are low and Bergy tries to adress this weakness.

Should spend more time on concentrating on not f***ing up major trades beforehand like Subban and Sergachev instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Should spend more time on concentrating on not f***ing up major trades beforehand like Subban and Sergachev instead.

- Subban trade was stupid. A RD for a RD who is 4 years older.

- The Sergachev trade for Drouin was one hole for another. We needed LD just as much as we needed game breaking talent up front. You don't have to agree Drouin has game breaking talent but he is the closest thing we have to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I meant that Bergevin had the chance to pick Olof on the waivers

Habs are paying AHL Dmen big money!!!

Gustav Olosson..$725,000 one-way ..
Habs are paying him $725,000 to play in AHL.....

Brett Kulak $900,000 one way deal..Habs pay him 900K to play AHL

Something gotta be up ....

Jul 6, 2016
Habs are paying AHL Dmen big money!!!

Gustav Olosson..$725,000 one-way ..
Habs are paying him $725,000 to play in AHL.....

Brett Kulak 900,000 one way deal..Habs pay him 900K to play NHL

Lindgren is paid as much if not more. Taormina was paid big bucks too. Froese too.

For a big rich NHL org like the Habs, these are peanuts.

Alzner sitting for game One smells also fishy.... Hopefully he is traded.... But it could be for another big crazy contract like Erickson in Vancouver

Reactions: Redux91

Jul 6, 2016
If I'm not mistaken, RHD are more scarce. He would have had to pay more but would have been worth it.

Weber, Petry, Juulsen, Brook, even Lernout. The right side is fine, and lefties can easily play on the right side.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Should spend more time on concentrating on not f*cking up major trades beforehand like Subban and Sergachev instead.
If you liked Subban , go argue with Lafleur's Guy. He argue with me Subban sucked in his own zone and it explain why Price is so good saving his mistakes.

But why living in the past, Subban and Sergachev are gone and have been replaced by almost equal quality. I like Weber when he is there and many posters will tell you Drouin is the only legit top 6 forward of the team.
Actually our defense sucks because of Alzner and Benn. Schlemko is injured (again). Habs needs to fill the bank of D. Olofsson have some potential. Why bashing on a player we haven't seen play yet?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
gotta
Lindgren is paid as much if not more. Taormina was paid big bucks too. Froese too.

For a big rich NHL org like the Habs, these are peanuts.

Taonima was getting $350,000
Frose played for Habs ..never stuck long in AHL...

775,000+ 900,000K USD for 2 AHL dmen.... Something gotta shake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad