Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens Acquire Gustav Olofsson from Minnesota for Will Bitten

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There was a risk either way. It's ok to take a risk. Bitten himself might turn out to be worth "nothing" in the end.

No issue with that. However, they could have taken a risk with a healthy player coming back. Staying healthy is an important attribute. This is no risk, it's a crap shoot.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
By the same logic, Habs would have lost the great last 4 years of Markov.

Injuries are not what they used to be. We're talking about a shoulder, not a knee. And look at what Markov and Price are doing with "bad knees".

By the same logic, why don't we trade all of our redundant assets for players with injury profiles? I mean, it worked for Markov. Gotta work again, right?

And no, we're not talking about just "a shoulder" but 4 major operations to BOTH shoulders plus an assortment of other injuries that limited him to a handful of games in 5 years.

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
I don't follow, are you saying that Bitten wouldn't be re-signed after his 3 years are up? Cause he was already signed to a 3 year ELC.

I meant his contract wouldn't have been renewed after his 3 years but that's just my prediction after watching the player, I don't read the future (yet).

davey999

Mar 9, 2004
These labrum tears, whether it be shoulder or hip are long term injuries. Very slow to heal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yes, a player who has been sent down on a conditioning stint counts on the 23 man roster. It culd be a way to get Scherbak some playing time but it's not a way to create an additional spot to have saved DLR from waivers for example. Only IR can do that.

As for Oloffson, I think the Habs a very strong case to have the trade annulled or compensated.

They could have just given Mete a few games in the AHL while Olofsson was on his conditioning stint.

I could see them sending Scherbak on a conditioning stint at some point, sitting this long is not what you want to see.

There was a risk either way. It's ok to take a risk. Bitten himself might turn out to be worth "nothing" in the end.

could have been a lot less risk if they just picked him off waivers. Cost nothing but the waiver fee.

I meant his contract wouldn't have been renewed after his 3 years but that's just my prediction after watching the player, I don't read the future (yet).

that's hard to say since who knows how he will play over 3 years when at the time the guy hadn't played a single pro game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->