Confirmed with Link: Montreal Canadiens Acquire Gustav Olofsson from Minnesota for Will Bitten

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
tumblr_mp9fjaFhvJ1rs8jbdo1_250.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: groovejuice

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Olofsson is actually pretty decent, if unspectacular. I guess Bitten just wasn't developping the way they expected and they decided to get something for him now. He did hit a bit of a wall in the past 2 years.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
SCOUTING REPORT
ASSETS:
Owns very good size and has puck-moving skills. Also looks like a true all-round defenseman down the road. His offensive ability is also on the rise and has good potential.
FLAWS:
Must get stronger in order to maximize his 6-3 frame at the National Hockey League level. Also needs to prove he can become a more intimidating presence as a professional.
CAREER POTENTIAL:
All-round defenseman with a little upside.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Their idea is that the guy still needs some AHL seasoning something they wouldn't have been able to do with picking him through waivers in case he would have picked up or whatever. And while we would have had to revise our potential possibilities for Bitten....this is a little out of left field. But I used to like Olofsson in his draft year so.....on the fence here.

Doesn't seem to make sense to send a younger kid with potential to grow for a waiver material but....Olofsson might be that type of d-man that just takes a longer time to develop.

Question is...if you really want to get a contract....was Bitten the guy to sacrifice? Get rid of Pizza instead...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well at his absolute best Bitten becomes Byron. Who we extended because it's one of Bergevins only good moves.

Olofsson was a favorite of mine in his draft year. Picked him in the mock. Hasnt shown the upside that I would have liked but he's an option if we prudently send down Mete to develop in the AHL.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad