OT: Montréal Impact Thread - Worst Team in Town, Best Team in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Checked his resume, don't know him although his name sounds familiar. Pretty impressive, wouldn't be against him at all but if they are looking for a new coach I don't see this team paying a fee to any team. Plus he can win a trophy, get better European gig any time. That's just my opinion.

Also, inside info, Piette left for Europe for a 'vacation' so don't be surprised if he signs in the next few days over there.
Used to coach Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga so maybe that's where you've first heard of him. He is relatively unknown in France though despite being French due to the strong Bundesliga/German connection throughout his career both as a player and coach.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Austin, Miami, Nashville, St. Louis, and Sacramento coming into MLS in the coming years.

The MLS will be at 29 teams after all of them debut. I'm sure there is another one they're looking for to make it 30. I don't remember if there is another one rumored to be in the works.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Austin, Miami, Nashville, St. Louis, and Sacramento coming into MLS in the coming years.

The MLS will be at 29 teams after all of them debut. I'm sure there is another one they're looking for to make it 30. I don't remember if there is another one rumored to be in the works.

Many have interest, but nothing serious there... Détroit, Phoenix, Charlotte are probably the best candidates. Las Vegas would be fun.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I don't watch the playoffs. Bad soccer. I revert back to the PL on DAZN, hockey and NFL Football, mole.

I only got around to watch NYRB-Union and it was quite fun. Of course it's not the most structured of soccer. But it was highly entertaining. First playoff Union win ever, too. Fabian, the mexican DP who has been quite bad for Philly scored the winner off a weird pass/shot that deflected in the corner of the net.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
To be fair, Aston Villa had like 3 different managers that year. That team was straight up garby and rotten to the core.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Similar to what Dzemaili said after leaving. Not everyone was pulling in the same direction. Honestly I sense this with a lot of the academy products amongst other players, and that cannot be.

Hopefully Renard is able to instill pride for the jersey and the city onto his players. And also land more players like Silva.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
LAG vs LAFC in the quarter finals, this thursday @ 10:30 pm

Will be epic

The ppl of LA are extremely spoiled this week after the thrilling Clippers-Lakers opening game tonight (great debut by Kawhi + Green btw) they have a derby in 48 hours. I saw a tweet somewhere saying the price for the playoff game is 250 and Lakers v Clippers was 125.

Used to coach Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga so maybe that's where you've first heard of him. He is relatively unknown in France though despite being French due to the strong Bundesliga/German connection throughout his career both as a player and coach.

I saw he played with Bayern with Pizarro who still plays to this day btw. He gotta be like 45 now lol. I think thats where I first heard of him. He also played Willy Sagnol, the former RB of France before Sagna. Didnt he become a coach as well? Regardless Idk if you watch the Austrian league but good catch. I still know Cabrera is going to stay but I wouldnt mind this guy coming.

And Wilmer Cabrera shouldve coached Aston Villa.:laugh: 10x the coach Remi is. And forget the Canadian Champioonship if RG was still coaching.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Unrelated to Montreal

If he joins LA, he will be better than Ibra and Martinez. He was racially abused a few days ago which may make him less reluctant to remain at Rangers. Only problem is he is a major knucklehead and get red carded for anything which is why he is linked to LA instead of like Leiceseter like a few months ago. I dont think he is top tier quality. Dirty dummy player but entertaining to watch.

He probably played with Lappalainen considering he played in Finland but I am not sure. LA will have to spend at least 15 mil to get him but lets not forget Gerrard/LAG connection as shown in the pic.

Back to the coach, I said it a few months ago but the perfect coach for this team is Gallardo. He brought his team to another final just yesterday. He played 6 seasons in L1 where he was Ligue 1 player of the year.... title won Mbappe this year...., speaks French, played in 2 world Cups, played in this league so he is familiar with it and he won 10 titles and possibly 11 with his current team.

He has been whooping everyone for years. He will probably be the Miami coach, too good to pass on or he goes to Monaco if they need a coach. If you think Almeyda or Tata is a good coach wait till you see him. He won titles everywhere hes been as coach and player even with DC United lol

EDIT : Nvm he has been rumored to take over Barca:laugh:

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Similar to what Dzemaili said after leaving. Not everyone was pulling in the same direction. Honestly I sense this with a lot of the academy products amongst other players, and that cannot be.

Hopefully Renard is able to instill pride for the jersey and the city onto his players. And also land more players like Silva.

Some of the best performances this year were when the kids were playing (the DC tie comes to mind, but also the NE away win) and were a big part of the results. I'm curious to read who from the academy you consider to not care enough about the team.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
No surprise there, but Bob Bradley earns Coach of the year. Almeyda (SJE) and Dome Torrent (NYCFC) probably deserved a shot as well.

Biggest surprise, at least to me, in terms of coaching was Bruce Arena in NE, great recruitments thus far and a big change in attitude in the players, but this is not the Jack Adams and he was not the best coach all year-long.

Biggest disappointment has to be KC's Peter Vermes. Trades that looked good at first really didn't pay off (Ike Opara just won D of the year for Minny). Everything started so well for them in the Champions league, but injuries and lack of recruitment hit them hard.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Some of the best performances this year were when the kids were playing (the DC tie comes to mind, but also the NE away win) and were a big part of the results. I'm curious to read who from the academy you consider to not care enough about the team.
With the academy products it's not precisely about caring for the team and city, but more about conformity. I can think of AJH, M. Choinière, Ballou. The latter two are young still, but I don't feel like there's much ambition there, just happy to be on the team. They practice with the first team everyday, and get minutes because "the young guys need to play".

The only one I feel has the confidence and hunger to steal a job is Bayiha.

It's too easy to stay with the Impact if you sign a contract in general. Young or old players. That has to change.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
With the academy products it's not precisely about caring for the team and city, but more about conformity. I can think of AJH, M. Choinière, Ballou. The latter two are young still, but I don't feel like there's much ambition there, just happy to be on the team. They practice with the first team everyday, and get minutes because "the young guys need to play".

The only one I feel has the confidence and hunger to steal a job is Bayiha.

It's too easy to stay with the Impact if you sign a contract in general. Young or old players. That has to change.

Wait, you don't think Ballou has ambition? You know he forced the team to transfer him to the Barça right? He certainly has a lot of work to do to become a true Pro, but he does not lack ambition. ;)

As for Choinière, after earning Garde's trust early in the year, he didn't play much because of injuries and Garde's stubborness to use him as a winger. He needs to become stronger to win duels in the midfield, but I find it hard to understand what more you want out of him when he's on the pitch in terms of effort. He still played 680 minutes, which is not that bad. But he needs to get up to 1000 for him to really improve year-to-year IMO.

Bayiha looked more dangerous than Choinière, being more at ease out wide (he was a lateral/winger with the academy). I have big hopes for him next year.

I liked what I saw from Pantemis, he looked a bit nervous, but it's promising. He needs to play at least 10 games next year.

Kinumbe could be a nice wildcard for LB depth, he was creative against York and it's a shame he was injured cause he would have gotten more minutes at the end for sure.

For AJH, he is what he is, a decent-to-good joker that can score goals but cannot do much else than that.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Not a big surprise that Antunes is at the Benfica game as he was recently doing a scouting training there, but pretty cool. Hopefully he gets a word in to the OL manager for ZBG ;)

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Not a big surprise that Antunes is at the Benfica game as he was recently doing a scouting training there, but pretty cool. Hopefully he gets a word in to the OL manager for ZBG ;)

Are there any interesting players in those teams? (I mean that we can actually buy)

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yupppp I stick with my Toronto-LAFC final prediction, by far the best team in the East as I said and they did it without Jozy and Gonzalez. Bradley has been a beast, he wants his 6,5 mil. Poz scoring his brace and chatting up tht sexy Colombian chick (daughter of the chile coach) @ the end :laugh:

now I don't see how Philly will lose to Atlanta who are without Robinson and Parkhurst their two best CBs. Conference Finals : Philly vs TFC

The West is a bit tricky but I see RSL beating Seattle.

Wow could be Rimando's last game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad