OT: Montréal Impact Thread - Worst Team in Town, Best Team in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olfer

Apr 25, 2019
Rouyn-Noranda
Taïder pisses me off so much. I think getting rid of him would be my priority, even before getting a #9.

On another note, the team plays absolutely the same way than with Garde:
  • When pressed, they try to keep possession by back passing,
  • Counter attacks are really slow, they don't use the momentum and prefer to install their (useless) possession game in the other half
  • In the opponent's half, they use long passes to switch sides and the plays inevitably die on the wings because no one can cut inside or receive the crosses in the box
1. We don't have the quality to play like that, 2. MLS is not the place to implement this style.

Meanwhile, opponents cut us open with 2-3 passes on the counterattacks.

Reactions: TRG

Jul 6, 2016
Very sad season again.... Bad ownership ? Bad management ? bad coaching ? Bad players ? Injuries ?........ So many question marks. And the attendance is going down every season.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I was a bit disappointed by Piette's comment following the loss to Cincy, but Today that's more I like it.

Double-Vé also had a zinger at his press conference. It does put some perspective. This lad has seen some things some of us will never see, thank god. He's not a good coach, but he looks like a decent man.

Reactions: TRG

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I am crazy but I think they will win both games against Toronto and LAG. LA are very fragile and once exposed they are on panic mode. Idc that they won 8-2 last night

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Rofl, yeah thats nothing for him. He was more than likely laughing inside. He saw a lot of more scarier shit back in homeland. I mean one of his teammate got killed for scoring an own goal and he was the best defender of all Americas ....

But anywho at least Spiderman Diop is playing on Wday

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Rofl, yeah thats nothing for him. He was more than likely laughing inside. He saw a lot of more scarier **** back in homeland. I mean one of his teammate got killed for scoring an own goal and he was the best defender of all Americas ....

But anywho at least Spiderman Diop is playing on Wday

I don't know... Italian mafiosis are not choir kids either :laugh: ;) but yeah, those days are long gone for the Saputos...

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Very sad season again.... Bad ownership ? Bad management ? bad coaching ? Bad players ? Injuries ?........ So many question marks. And the attendance is going down every season.

Attendance doesn't seem like going down. More of the same, imo. It went up like crazy when Drogba was around but that's probably the only time it was. Montreal is a winning market, if your team doesn't win, the attendance will be low (although Centre Bell says it's full, it's not).

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
That said. I probably need to update my list of players I'd keep.

Piette: He's a bulldog in midfield, the only one we got. Ideally, he would play with someone who's better at #8 or a deep-lying playmaker at #6.5
Raitala: should not start every game, should not be at CB every game but he's "a bon dépanneur")
Bojan: with the right players, he might be able to do something.. though in MLS, he kinda needs to find his own space. He's a bit small and he lacks physicality
Shome: He should be a depth/rotation/sub player, he can start in the Canadian Championship
Krolicki: Only if he's a sub player, I would hope he doesn't start too much
Bahiya, Choinière, Pantemis and cie: they still have room to grow
Lassi: He's our saviour and probably the best winger we got once Piatti leaves. His workrate is insane.
Orji: He has some up and downs but he's also still young and it's unlikely there is a spot for him in Bologna. Can they try him at #9 please?

Everyone else can gtfo, even Piatti. He probably doesn't want to come back anyway.

Btw, what's wrong with ZBG? Is he injured or something? I would have expected at least to make the bench last game but he wasn't there. I would still put him in my list to keep unless there's something wrong, like he would rather stay in Europe than coming back.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

I dont think Saputo should be blamed this year. For once, he definitely looked like he wanted to get things going by removing himself and spending rather than doing what he had been doing which is the exact opposite. I mean look at Bologna I know its only 3 games but they are 2nd now in Serie A. He is learning.

The number one problem this season was RG and his bad recruitments, then we gave him guys like Lassi and Bojan, didnt know what to do, he was still losing and they went downhill since. If your TAM players are Novillo, Camacho with a Ligue 2 player like Diallo and Urruti as undisputed starters, you are not going anywhere.

Last season the main problem was Mancosus contract but the team wasnt as bad. RG did his best with what was handed to him ... Azira, Petrasso, Quincy, Raitala, Silva even Vargas.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Yeah, being from the townships, you should know better ;)

Nos petites fromageries régionales...

Bah la Fromagerie Cooaticook et La Chaudière se portent bien. Mais je pense que Saputo a acheté La fromagerie de l'Abbaye St-Benoit.

Je faisais plus référence aux pizzérias à Montréal qui passaient au feu si elles ne prenaient pas du fromage Saputo pour leurs pizzas.... haha

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
That said. I probably need to update my list of players I'd keep.

Piette: He's a bulldog in midfield, the only one we got. Ideally, he would play with someone who's better at #8 or a deep-lying playmaker at #6.5
Raitala: should not start every game, should not be at CB every game but he's "a bon dépanneur")
Bojan: with the right players, he might be able to do something.. though in MLS, he kinda needs to find his own space. He's a bit small and he lacks physicality
Shome: He should be a depth/rotation/sub player, he can start in the Canadian Championship
Krolicki: Only if he's a sub player, I would hope he doesn't start too much
Bahiya, Choinière, Pantemis and cie: they still have room to grow
Lassi: He's our saviour and probably the best winger we got once Piatti leaves. His workrate is insane.
Orji: He has some up and downs but he's also still young and it's unlikely there is a spot for him in Bologna. Can they try him at #9 please?

Everyone else can gtfo, even Piatti. He probably doesn't want to come back anyway.

Btw, what's wrong with ZBG? Is he injured or something? I would have expected at least to make the bench last game but he wasn't there. I would still put him in my list to keep unless there's something wrong, like he would rather stay in Europe than coming back.

Agreed for 99%. I'd bring back ZBG, and maybe Sagna/Fanni on cheap contracts. Also Kinumbe/Yao of course.

I soured on Saphir, I like his character, but he's just not good enough. People were blaming Piette for the backpasses, but he's the one struggling with the one touch plays... Piatti is doneso. Let him go back to his family in San Lorenzo. I'd try to get rid of Bush. Lovitz is gone. We'll get a lot for him since he's with the USMNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad