OT: Montréal Impact Thread - Worst Team in Town, Best Team in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

adudeonaforum

Oct 14, 2015
Mtl
Piette was the best player on the pitch vs the Americans. You know how hard it is to have a 4222 functioning like we did? Not many teams pull it off successfully. Piette was a huge part of why it worked, by the amount of ground he covered and how he ruthlessly hunted every ball around him. The americans were never able to win a 50-50 ball in midfield in huge part because of him, and his first pass was essential.

As for IMFC, he's an elite #6 in MLS and THE reason why IMFC doesn't get trashed every game + being a local kid. But fine, keep your money for Camachos and Diallos, and let the local kid go on a free - the backbone, the one who actually cares about your half-assed team - as we watch the dumpsterfire burn, and burn, and burn.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Piette was the best player on the pitch vs the Americans. You know how hard it is to have a 4222 functioning like we did? Not many teams pull it off successfully. Piette was a huge part of why it worked, by the amount of ground he covered and how he ruthlessly hunted every ball around him. The americans were never able to win a 50-50 ball in midfield in huge part because of him, and his first pass was essential.

As for IMFC, he's an elite #6 in MLS and THE reason why IMFC doesn't get trashed every game + being a local kid. But fine, keep your money for Camachos and Diallos, and let the local kid go on a free - the backbone, the one who actually cares about your half-assed team - as we watch the dumpsterfire burn, and burn, and burn.

I think it's being dishonest to believe people against paying Piette the big bucks are for paying Camacho and Urruti outrageous amounts of money.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I actually thought Frei was 100% Swiss, didn't know he played college soccer, but he moved as a teenager in the US, so again it's not like he's a pure American product either...

Ring and Camacho are TAM internationals, the league knows they will have to pay the big bucks to bring them in and accept that, but they probably want to control the salaries of non-USMNT locals, because that remains the bulk of the league, despite green cards being handed like candy on Halloween. Look at what happened with goaltenders, a few got 350K, now all starters get it. They might be hoping to prevent that for DM, a role which shouldn't be that expensive to fill when you think about it. They might want teams to invest in Velas and Martinez instead of Nagbes, Alonsos and Charas. Maybe they want the Impact and most teams to wait for the next CBA before extending pricier players? Who knows, really.

and Jonathan Osorio? he's a TAM this year making more than Camacho. Alex Ring in his first year made 300k, that's not TAM, he just showed his worth and now he is making 1M. Your comparison is flawed because you are comparing big time DPs (500k against salary caps) to TAMs.

I strongly strongly disagree that you don't need to spend on a DM. That's the most important position, you take out Busquets, Barcelona is a different team and easily exploitable on your third end, you take out Kante Leicester NEVER wins PL and France doesn't win the World Cup. Gattuso with Milan (no he didn't need Pirlo who was out in 10-11). Khedira, Basti, Matuidi, Casemiro...

They are the link between the defense and attack. Look at the most successful teams in recent years, damn even Atuesta for LAFC got 11 assists as #6, Alonso was a DP for years in Seattle and they brought him in Minnesota now they're a solid playoff teams. It's the same team as last year basically with Alonso and Opara as their acquisitions and finished 3rd. Bradley, even a 37 year old Beckerman keeps RSL together. I can go on and on till 2020

Now when your DM is a potato who can't construct to save his life, you don't make the playoffs, Idc about #9, RSL and more have no top CF and they made the playoffs in a difficult conference, I think MLS is just sending Impact a message clearly to do better because 400k isn't even that much. I think 400k is fair considering he's this so called undisputed starter for Mtl. He played good against the US because 1. Liam Fraser was there to cover and distribute and break plays 2. Probably pissed at MLS for blocking his contract, 34 games is far more evaluable than a home game vs USA Z squad.

And this year he sucked big time, cost Impact the playoffs (games vs DC, Cincinatti, La Galaxy, Chicago, almost Vancouver thankfully Bush saved the penalty and TFC hitting the post after whatever he tried to do) all the game winners were his fault lmao

Mls said cmon bruh are you kidding me

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Back to the US-Canada, although they played a great game, Bradley didn't give his all clearly and now I know the reason why. If TFC wins the MLS Cup, his 6.5 million contract gets automatically renewed.

Puts everything in perspective when the opposite DMS are on vacation and the other one is a bench player.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Back to the US-Canada, although they played a great game, Bradley didn't give his all clearly and now I know the reason why. If TFC wins the MLS Cup, his 6.5 million contract gets automatically renewed.

Puts everything in perspective when the opposite DMS are on vacation and the other one is a bench player.
Jeeze, man, some of your hot takes are just too much. On ESPN's post game comments. Alejandro Moreno made a very salient remark. He said don't expect the Americans to be better. They haven't got anyone who is injured and would return and make a difference. He mentioned the three that were not in the game and they wouldn't make a difference. So Braadly wouldn't make much of a dif if what you're saying is true. But Bradley's poor play had nothing to do with him wanting to protect his 6.5 million dollar contract. It's that the Canadian forwards and midfielders took him to the shed and gave him a whooping.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Jeeze, man, some of your hot takes are just too much. On ESPN's post game comments. Alejandro Moreno made a very salient remark. He said don't expect the Americans to be better. They haven't got anyone who is injured and would return and make a difference. He mentioned the three that were not in the game and they wouldn't make a difference. So Braadly wouldn't make much of a dif if what you're saying is true. But Bradley's poor play had nothing to do with him wanting to protect his 6.5 million dollar contract. It's that the Canadian forwards and midfielders took him to the shed and gave him a whooping.
Alejandro Moreno... worst pundit in ESPNs history. Come back with a better name. Alejandro Moreno lmfao

Yeah Jozy, Adams and Brooks in that line up would've been the same. 2-0 Canada. They weren't injured just not good enough for the NT. You're right

Bradley got a game tomorrow you think he really cares about a game against Canada for a tournament that would make no difference for the Us where he can injure himself? They are playing the hex already. Theres a reason why they brought their B team. They were going for a draw but didnt expect Canada to win.

Anyway dont let Bradley distract you from the fact that mls refused 400k for that guy which is the topic here. Bradley with his mls cup and 40 mil earned in mls is doing just fine.

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I hope it's Valérien Ismaël. He's the next Jesse Marsch. Brilliant attacking minded coach who turned an average Austrian club into Salzburg's biggest competition.

Checked his resume, don't know him although his name sounds familiar. Pretty impressive, wouldn't be against him at all but if they are looking for a new coach I don't see this team paying a fee to any team. Plus he can win a trophy, get better European gig any time. That's just my opinion.

Also, inside info, Piette left for Europe for a 'vacation' so don't be surprised if he signs in the next few days over there.

Reactions: JayKing

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Checked his resume, don't know him although his name sounds familiar. Pretty impressive, wouldn't be against him at all but if they are looking for a new coach I don't see this team paying a fee to any team. Plus he can win a trophy, get better European gig any time. That's just my opinion.

Also, inside info, Piette left for Europe for a 'vacation' so don't be surprised if he signs in the next few days over there.

If Piette leaves, the PR nightmare should be fun.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

It's not a side info... Brett had Piette on his show yesterday and he said it himself that he was leaving for vacations with his girlfriend for the next two weeks.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
It's not a side info... Brett had Piette on his show yesterday and he said it himself that he was leaving for vacations with his girlfriend for the next two weeks.

I look like a guy who listens to f***ing high pitched voice low tier journalist Brett? :laugh: I would just say I heard it from him on his show if that were the case...

We have mutual friends and one of them just vaguely said to me on Friday that Piette is leaving to Europe, didnt say where in Europe nor for how long just with his gf not that it matters. I was gonna say it on Friday but got too drunk to remember. Just me speculating that he would sign over there but nice coincidence with mls refusing 400K

You guys are still arguing with the Toronto mole?

Did you enjoy the 5-1 win?

Krnage

Nov 22, 2010
Quebec
I look like a guy who listens to ****ing high pitched voice low tier journalist Brett? :laugh: I would just say I heard it from him on his show if that were the case...

We have mutual friends and one of them just vaguely said to me on Friday that Piette is leaving to Europe, didnt say where in Europe nor for how long just with his gf not that it matters. I was gonna say it on Friday but got too drunk to remember. Just me speculating that he would sign over there but nice coincidence with mls refusing 400K

Yeah because drunk conversation is more credible than a low tier journalist right ?

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Yeah because drunk conversation is more credible than a low tier journalist right ?

smh now I have to reply to a Merda fan....

I said that someone had told me about him on Friday and that later on that Friday night I posted something on here I don't recall what but I forgot to add that info. Two entirely different things.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I look like a guy who listens to ****ing high pitched voice low tier journalist Brett? :laugh: I would just say I heard it from him on his show if that were the case...

I don't watch the playoffs. Bad soccer. I revert back to the PL on DAZN, hockey and NFL Football, mole.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I don't watch the playoffs. Bad soccer. I revert back to the PL on DAZN, hockey and NFL Football, mole.

I think its quite ironic if one calls MLS playoffs bad soccer yet follow Impact games :laugh:
Unless you are just a lurker but I doubt. I have watched 3 out of 6 games and I had a great time. Thankfully the remaining games are on weekdays, easier to watch.

You have to find a better insult than that amigo. My 5 yo nephew does better....

Alright I gave yall enough of my time. Till then

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad