Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

didier-drogba.jpg

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Firing the coaches... Their usual suspects... Yeah right... This is their solutions? And unlimited free pass to the incapables...

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Firing the coaches... Their usual suspects... Yeah right... This is their solutions? And unlimited free pass to the incapables...

Nah bro, Read this lmao

:laugh:
I have watched MLS in almost 10 years and never heard of them blocking a current MLS player s new contract, I think MLS are trying to save us

As for the coach, I know Laurent Blanc and Saputo are close friends so who knows, everyone called me crazy 2 years ago when I brought up his name, but Arcadio is NOT reliable to me with his Bozok rumor that he was soooo certain of. I will wait for Filosa.

LB was the one who suggested RG to Saputo btw.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Can you guys explain to me what is the situation with your defense?

From what I can see:
Weber, Petry, Mete, Chiarot - regulars

Kulak, Reilly, Folin, Fleury - Are you just rotating these 4 in and out of the lineup? None of them would be considered regulars?
If so, do you expect this rotation of 4 to continue all season long?

Thanks!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Nah bro, Read this lmao

I have watched MLS in almost 10 years and never heard of them blocking a current MLS player s new contract, I think MLS are trying to save us
The MLS reading your posts too seriously. That’s insane. Gonna offer for myself some potatoes to celebrate.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Nah bro, Read this lmao

As for the coach, I know Laurent Blanc and Saputo are close friends so who knows, everyone called me crazy 2 years ago when I brought up his name, but Arcadio is NOT reliable to me with his Bozok rumor that he was soooo certain of. I will wait for Filosa.

LB was the one who suggested RG to Saputo btw.

The league is hella involved in most contracts dished out and in a lot of international players coming in. They have standards for the league, that's why USNMT players are paid so much. They get involved in Piette's case because they probably want to control the inflation in salary for #6s.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The whole idea that the league has to oversee the deals the teams make with their own players is all sorts of shady and weird to me. It opens the door to a lot of double standards and favoritism.

Reactions: Habs Icing

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
The MLS reading your posts too seriously. That’s insane. Gonna offer for myself some potatoes to celebrate.

Go try Pierrete Patates, meh neighborhood but good stuff, maybe he could land a gig there as a spokerperson.
My question to MLS is

Soccer 4 all : MLS welcomes everyone

but anti Potato 2020 campaign?

For real, I'm glad MLS intervenes from time to time, if it were for most of our demented fanbase, he would be a DP along with Brouillard next year.:laugh::laugh:

The league is hella involved in most contracts dished out and in a lot of international players coming in. They have standards for the league, that's why USNMT players are paid so much. They get involved in Piette's case because they probably want to control the inflation in salary for #6s.
Pile of poo emoji*

Alex Ring , same position, international makes 1M. Ilie Sanchez 900k, your boy just got exposed
What's your excuse now? They don't like his hair? They don't like Francos?

But if he doesn't come back who am I gonnaa blame next year? so much material with his 0 star feet. I may be active a lot lot less, who knows

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Having a Piette type of player in your starting 11 limits you tactically. He gives an honest effort and wins a lot of battles but he’s too limited going fwd with the ball. He’s not more than an anchorman. With Piette you need 2 talented 8s beside him. 400k is indeed too much for him.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Go try Pierrete Patates, meh neighborhood but good stuff, maybe he could land a gig there as a spokerperson.
My question to MLS is

Soccer 4 all : MLS welcomes everyone

but anti Potato 2020 campaign?

For real, I'm glad MLS intervenes from time to time, if it were for most of our demented fanbase, he would be a DP along with Brouillard next year.:laugh::laugh:

Pile of poo emoji*

Alex Ring , same position, international makes 1M. Ilie Sanchez 900k, your boy just got exposed
What's your excuse now? They don't like his hair? They don't like Francos?

But if he doesn't come back who am I gonnaa blame next year? so much material with his 0 star feet. I may be active a lot lot less, who knows

I have no excuses and need none. The league does whatever it wants, no matter what we say. I'm actually stunned that you didn't know the league was having a big say in contract negotiations. There is no other explanation as to why Bradley and Altidore made so much money. They care so much about keeping and bringing back US talent in MLS that they will greatly overpay for US talent. That's also why Steffen earned goaltender of the year last season while Stefen Frei, who was much more important to Seattle's success, was ignored. The MLS is there to improve US Soccer and hype local players. They take about Canadians too, for 30 seconds in a 60 minutes show, while pinching their collective nose, but they have to as well.

Lovitz might make 500k next year, for the sole reason that he's a USMNT. A Canadian or Concacaf player with the same profile and talent with a green card would most likely earn a third of that.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Having a Piette type of player in your starting 11 limits you tactically. He gives an honest effort and wins a lot of battles but he’s too limited going fwd with the ball. He’s not more than an anchorman. With Piette you need 2 talented 8s beside him. 400k is indeed too much for him.

If you look at it with a cool head and look strictly at sporting criteria, 400k is too much yeah. But Piette is worth a lot to the Impact. I would not be surprised if, on top of his declared revenues, he earns an ambassador salary that is like 250k per year. That's what Bernier had as well. The league wouldn't let him be paid more than he was, so the Impact found a way to pay him his true value to the Impact.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I have no excuses and need none. The league does whatever it wants, no matter what we say. I'm actually stunned that you didn't know the league was having a big say in contract negotiations. There is no other explanation as to why Bradley and Altidore made so much money. They care so much about keeping and bringing back US talent in MLS that they will graciously overpay for US talent. That's also why Steffen earned goaltender of the year last season while Stefen Frei, who was much more important to Seattle's success, was ignored. The MLS is there to improve US Soccer and hype local players. They take about Canadians too, for 30 seconds in a 60 minutes show, while pinching their collective nose, but they have to as well.

Lovitz might make 500k next year, for the sole reason that he's a USMNT. A Canadian or Concacaf player with the same profile and talent with a green card would most likely earn a third of that.

The only time the league interfered with Montreal in contract negotiations was back in 2012 with Seedorf to my knowledge. Camacho makes 700k ffs.

MLS don't care about keeping talents in the US. Bradley and Jozy are in MLS because TFC pay what they could never get in Europe. Colorado failed into thinking Howard would be a household name long term and Stefen Frei is a US talent, once again no clue what your point is as if Steffen wasn't the best gk last year lmao. Dude you know he is signed to Man City right? Goalkeepers get snubbed every year, Rimando the best MLS GK ever never won GoTY

..... and why does Alex Ring make 1M? An international Finnish from 2nd division, answer that. Nagbe, probably the best American CM in MLS makes only 665k? Why? I thought they overpaid and hype local players. Is MLS racist?

I think you just like to hear yourself talk because you have no idea of what you're saying or you got some weird thrill of being corrected all the time.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

He actually made a few nice passes forward in the Can/USA game, he was a bit less noticeable than Arfield for sure though. Still he probably had a better game than Bradley

I don't mind Piette at 400k. He's more useful than a Camacho at 700k on the bench

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Piette is a better playmaker than Taider.

Bigger issue is Taider as offensive mid. And I'd take Piette at #6 above Taider.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Soccer prank? I'm bugging... Really what... Is this real...

Even Fanni and Sagna are better playmakers than Taider. Taider's offensive output mostly happens in the last third individually, Piette generates more offense via passing. Taider's main contribution in midfield is temporizing the play, but he's not a very good playmaker, specially in the counter.

Reactions: adudeonaforum

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Even Fanni and Sagna are better playmakers than Taider. Taider's offensive output mostly happens in the last third individually, Piette generates more offense via passing. Taider's main contribution in midfield is temporizing the play, but he's not a very good playmaker, specially in the counter.

I think the thing with Taider is that he is talented and has the vision to distribute the ball more, but he wanted to be the difference maker so much when Nacho wasn't there that he was slowing down the transition. He's also not concerned enough about defense to be in a 2-man midfield in front of the defense. Look at that ball, not many players on the team can do that.

GOAL: Lassi Lappalainen glides past the defense for an equalizing header

It really depends what kind of team Renard wants. If he wants quick transition, sure, Taider's not the guy for that.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think the thing with Taider is that he is talented and has the vision to distribute the ball more, but he wanted to be the difference maker so much when Nacho wasn't there that he was slowing down the transition. He's also not concerned enough about defense to be in a 2-man midfield in front of the defense. Look at that ball, not many players on the team can do that.

GOAL: Lassi Lappalainen glides past the defense for an equalizing header

It really depends what kind of team Renard wants. If he wants quick transition, sure, Taider's not the guy for that.
Taider is a good technician, but I recall many obvious plays that he didn't see and his teammates would be up in arms. I just don't think he fits as DP in MLS. Offensively very erratic and easily isolated, unlike a guy like Bojan or Piatti who can be dangerous in the axium of the pitch.

Reactions: Olfer

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
He actually made a few nice passes forward in the Can/USA game, he was a bit less noticeable than Arfield for sure though. Still he probably had a better game than Bradley

It was weird seeing Piette in red in Toronto vs Bradley.

Lovitz might make 500k next year, for the sole reason that he's a USMNT.

Poor team that will pay that.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Soccer prank? I'm bugging... Really what... Is this real...

His reponse to your post where he was just trying justify killed me most :laugh: but then realized he's the same individual who called a 13 goal scorer a Potato earlier this year and Victor a terrible CB.

0 assist backpass DM is a better playmaker to 7 assists Taider? DM always looks for Taider to pass the ball, rarely the opposite.

That's a statement even a heavily concussed retired NFL running back wouldn't say. Even @QuebecPride wouldn't say such a thing.

As for his salary, I think 400k is fair enough considering this team made him a permanent starter for whatever reason.. but who am I, MLS has the last say :laugh:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
The only time the league interfered with Montreal in contract negotiations was back in 2012 with Seedorf to my knowledge. Camacho makes 700k ffs.

MLS don't care about keeping talents in the US. Bradley and Jozy are in MLS because TFC pay what they could never get in Europe. Colorado failed into thinking Howard would be a household name long term and Stefen Frei is a US talent, once again no clue what your point is as if Steffen wasn't the best gk last year lmao. Dude you know he is signed to Man City right? Goalkeepers get snubbed every year, Rimando the best MLS GK ever never won GoTY

..... and why does Alex Ring make 1M? An international Finnish from 2nd division, answer that. Nagbe, probably the best American CM in MLS makes only 665k? Why? I thought they overpaid and hype local players. Is MLS racist?

I think you just like to hear yourself talk because you have no idea of what you're saying or you got some weird thrill of being corrected all the time.

I actually thought Frei was 100% Swiss, didn't know he played college soccer, but he moved as a teenager in the US, so again it's not like he's a pure American product either...

Ring and Camacho are TAM internationals, the league knows they will have to pay the big bucks to bring them in and accept that, but they probably want to control the salaries of non-USMNT locals, because that remains the bulk of the league, despite green cards being handed like candy on Halloween. Look at what happened with goaltenders, a few got 350K, now all starters get it. They might be hoping to prevent that for DM, a role which shouldn't be that expensive to fill when you think about it. They might want teams to invest in Velas and Martinez instead of Nagbes, Alonsos and Charas. Maybe they want the Impact and most teams to wait for the next CBA before extending pricier players? Who knows, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad