OT: Montréal Impact Thread - Worst Team in Town, Best Team in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'd honestly keep Cabrera boys. Not sure it's a popular opinion, but I like the mentality he's been trying to instill on the team. He was in a very ingrate situation and managed to get the canadian championship. I prefer giving him a shot than hiring a new coach and starting from 0 again with the champions league coming up. Plus, both Cabrera and Renard seem to be on the same page in how they want this team to play going forward.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'd honestly keep Cabrera boys. Not sure it's a popular opinion, but I like the mentality he's been trying to instill on the team. He was in a very ingrate situation and managed to get the canadian championship. I prefer giving him a shot than hiring a new coach and starting from 0 again with the champions league coming up. Plus, both Cabrera and Renard seem to be on the same page in how they want this team to play going forward.
New management tends to want to put their own people in place but if we can't find someone better, sure. Cabrera is a fairly well respected guy in the MLS and he knows the league well. We could do a lot worst.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
New management tends to want to put their own people in place but if we can't find someone better, sure. Cabrera is a fairly well respected guy in the MLS and he knows the league well. We could do a lot worst.
I wouldn't be against Renard bringing his own people either, but my expectations would be tame going into next season.

tintinetmilou

Mar 22, 2010
I read that Renard had issues with multiple coaches at Standard, since he wasn't picking the coach. I think we can now assume that Cabrera is gone, because Renard will certainly want his man there.
Its true. I am in Belgium and he gave an interview yesterday. It sounds like he will have alot of power so I assume he will pick the coach. In the past he was able to bring pretty good players to Standard and Antwerp. He has good contacts in Belgium and France. He was a Goalie so I assume he will bring in someone to replace Bush...Anyway, its a good signing.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Its true. I am in Belgium and he gave an interview yesterday. It sounds like he will have alot of power so I assume he will pick the coach. In the past he was able to bring pretty good players to Standard and Antwerp. He has good contacts in Belgium and France. He was a Goalie so I assume he will bring in someone to replace Bush...Anyway, its a good signing.
Why Renard? MLS knowledge is what I'm looking at...

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
The fact they're exercising their option may be a good thing because even if he doesn't want to return, they can sell him. So instead of leaving for nothing, they hold his rights and can get something in return for him.
Totally agree and that's what I meant. If he wants to stay fine but if we can sell him, even better

Reactions: Adam Michaels
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad