OT: Montréal Impact Thread - Worst Team in Town, Best Team in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Jeremy Filosa.... a serious moron. I have respect in the sense that he is one of the few journalists who cover IMFC extensively, but this time, he crossed a line.

He went to Piatti's house, where he spotted two trucks that were there to pack his stuff to return to Argentina. He's actually filming the outside of the house with the trucks outside. Most of the comments are giving it to him for this TMZ style reporting and crossing a line into the private life of a professional athlete. Filosa in one response says that this is when a player doesn't show up for a press conference, then he leaves himself open to journalists seeking stories. He mentioned that his wife is pregnant and they want to have the baby in Argentina.

I won't post it here because I truly feel like Piatti should be left in peace, particularly now, as we can sense that he's not happy. I think Filosa lacked a bit of judgment here.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Jeremy Filosa.... a serious moron. I have respect in the sense that he is one of the few journalists who cover IMFC extensively, but this time, he crossed a line.

He went to Piatti's house, where he spotted two trucks that were there to pack his stuff to return to Argentina. He's actually filming the outside of the house with the trucks outside. Most of the comments are giving it to him for this TMZ style reporting and crossing a line into the private life of a professional athlete. Filosa in one response says that this is when a player doesn't show up for a press conference, then he leaves himself open to journalists seeking stories. He mentioned that his wife is pregnant and they want to have the baby in Argentina.

I won't post it here because I truly feel like Piatti should be left in peace, particularly now, as we can sense that he's not happy. I think Filosa lacked a bit of judgment here.

Yeah he truly lacks professionalism at times. He likes to pump his chest for asking the "tough" questions, but all he really does is try to corner people so they say something that fits his narrative. He's pissed that he no longer has a beat on the team since his Impact coverage is the only thing that redeemed him as a journalist. I hope Gilmore puts him in his place.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah he truly lacks professionalism at times. He likes to pump his chest for asking the "tough" questions, but all he really does is try to corner people so they say something that fits his narrative. He's pissed that he no longer has a beat on the team since his Impact coverage is the only thing that redeemed him as a journalist. I hope Gilmore puts him in his place.

Good that he removed it. But he is still an idiot for doing that.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

Yeah sometimes he's simply too much. Like when he claimed to have a scoop about the fact that FC Montréal is expected to come back in 2021, while Vincent Destouches had written a text about that two months prior. With Drogba he was also a drama queen. I appreciate the fact that he covers every sport, but he crosses the line every now and then...

Last edited:

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
The guy gave his all and is the best player to ever wear the impact jersey. He is 34 years old. Usually you get nothing in return for a 34 years old, especially if he wants to return home.

The impact are looking very cheap here and showing disrespect to Piatti. If he wants to go home, let him go.

Reactions: JayKing

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
The guy gave his all and is the best player to ever wear the impact jersey. He is 34 years old. Usually you get nothing in return for a 34 years old, especially if he wants to return home.

The impact are looking very cheap here and showing disrespect to Piatti. If he wants to go home, let him go.
This. If Arsenal, a club who needed all the defensive help possible at the start of the season could let their captain Koscielny walk to Bordeaux for free and also let Nacho Monreal leave for Real Sociedad, IMFC can do the same with Piatti. It's not always the best business decision, but it goes a long way to not go too much against players wishes. Agents tend to remember moves done in good faith as they have more than 1 client.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Stevie Wonder could see that Gilmre would be a disaster of a president. Idk why most were excited, he fired a coach with 7 games left thank God his replacement was a decent one, brought a Sporting Director from overseas with NO MLS knowledge. He still has the hockey mentality where he thinks a player can be forced to play where he does NOT want to. He will learn quick.

Another thing that worries me is that he brands himself as Marketer so he has to know CL is the best way to get visibility and bigger brand, but with an entire NEW squad thanks to the GM the team will have no time to gel. I think we need 2 new starters and we are good, no need for a makeover.

The sad part is I am sure Nacho was down to come back but changed his mind with what they did on Tuesday which closed many doors. I think he will still play in MLS one more year but not in Montreal.

This will turn ugly.

well he was directeur sportif of one of the biggest club in Belgium. BTW, Belgium is ranked number 1 in the FIFA standings. I think he is good enough for the impact.

Remi Garde was the coach of one the biggest clubs in France. BTW, France won the World Cup. I think he is good enough for the ... oh wait.

Yeah, No.

Last edited:

tintinetmilou

Mar 22, 2010
Stevie Wonder could see that Gilmre would be a disaster of a president. Idk why most were excited, he fired a coach with 7 games left thank God his replacement was a decent one, brought a Sporting Director from overseas with NO MLS knowledge. He still has the hockey mentality where he thinks a player can be forced to play where he does NOT want to. He will learn quick.

Another thing that worries me is that he brands himself as Marketer so he has to know CL is the best way to get visibility and bigger brand, but with an entire NEW squad thanks to the GM the team will have no time to gel. I think we need 2 new starters and we are good, no need for a makeover.

The sad part is I am sure Nacho was down to come back but changed his mind with what they did on Tuesday which closed many doors. I think he will still play in MLS one more year but not in Montreal.

This will turn ugly.

Remi Garde was the coach of one the biggest clubs in France. BTW, France won the World Cup. I think he is good enough for the ... oh wait.

Yeah, No.
Garde had no players...thats why Renard is there for. Hopefully, it works.

tintinetmilou

Mar 22, 2010

This will turn ugly.

Yeah, No.
its not because Garde failed that Renard will. Its curious logic...

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

This will turn ugly.

Yeah, No.

People were enthusiastic about Gilmore for many reasons. The main reason was that he had experience in sports AND in the MLS. Because of this, he understands the MLS product AND the Montreal market. What he did marketing wise was good. His media presence is also good. The fact that he took the heat for firing Garde (I do not buy it was his decision) was smart. I do not think he is the problem at this moment. The whole organization has been a joke for a long time, it will take more time to fix it. I think the new structure is a good step in the right direction. Do we have the RIGHT people in place in the new structure, that's another debate. However, the structure being put in place makes sense and is clear.

That being said, Joey will still be Joey and he will continue to interfere and blow gaskets from time to time. How Gilmore manages that will prove his real worth. How he keeps the soccer people accountable will also prove his real worth.

A president cannot be judged after one season, especially not in an organization that had no god damn structure.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
People were enthusiastic about Gilmore for many reasons. The main reason was that he had experience in sports AND in the MLS. Because of this, he understands the MLS product AND the Montreal market. What he did marketing wise was good. His media presence is also good. The fact that he took the heat for firing Garde (I do not buy it was his decision) was smart. I do not think he is the problem at this moment. The whole organization has been a joke for a long time, it will take more time to fix it. I think the new structure is a good step in the right direction. Do we have the RIGHT people in place in the new structure, that's another debate. However, the structure being put in place makes sense and is clear.

That being said, Joey will still be Joey and he will continue to interfere and blow gaskets from time to time. How Gilmore manages that will prove his real worth. How he keeps the soccer people accountable will also prove his real worth.

A president cannot be judged after one season, especially not in an organization that had no god damn structure.

I can only go off what he's saying and he said that he took the decision to fire Garde which was not a bad one but the timing was 0/10, very off. He also PUBLICLY announced on Twitter over the summer that Nacho's contract option was gonna be exercised at the end of the season. Not only it is not too professional, it's like he was challenging to show who's the man and being a bit disrespectful to Nacho, the best IMFC player ever.

All the qualities you've listed in Gilmore is proving exactly my point, he's a good marketer, but a terrible 'in team' decision maker. Whether you got a soccer brain or you don't. No in betweens. As I said when he got hired Idc whether there's 12k or 20k at the stadium, I just want a good team and Gilmore is sticking his nose where he shouldn't and it's setting the team back rather than... in order words, Gilmore should stay in his lane with what he knows best.

its not because Garde failed that Renard will. Its curious logic...

Well that I agree but it's not because Renard was the GM of one of the best club in one of the 'best' leagues that'll translate into a good Sporting Director. He openly said he didn't know much about MLS.... like at least hide it, you have the job of the individual who should be the MOST knowledgable. Even coaches like Vieira and Tata did their research and were educated before coming to MLS. And they were coaches which is obviously a notch below the one of a Sporting Director.

Anyway, what's done is done, I hope Vassili and Wilmer assist him well because he'll need it. I know Wilmer returned to homeland to see his mother, but it's back to work soon.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
This is why you activate the option

1500x500

Reactions: dinodebino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad