OT: Montréal Impact Thread - Worst Team in Town, Best Team in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Renard just said Player personnel decisions can be made before the coaching decision is taken. Bye-Bye double-Vé.

Lmaoooooo

He literally just said I am not worried about who's coaching next year :eyeroll:

You'd have to be naive to think that a newcomer like Renard, in a new continent, new league, new city would be given the task to find a coach within days of his arrival before a CL. That already has been settled. But we never know with this team. I'm more worried about losing Wilmer to a random Mx team mid-season

As for his speech I like all of what he said especially about the reserve team everyone whines about. But I didn't like what he said about 3rd Cb coming from the academy. I wouldn't touch no defenders for next year, keep everyone at least to start the season, give the raise that Lovitz deserves from Bush salary. 2nd loan for Brouillard. Keep all of the CBs. Camacho, Victor, Fanni all been stellar. Keep it intact please.

Get a new #6 to compliment, tireless workhorse and Canadian Basti. Maybe a creator like Stankovic.

Get someone to compliment Running Man Maxi because we need a power forward like Borja, Rondon or Falcao who could outsmart MLS defenders. I'd say Bacca too but he is crazy af and just a poacher. So basically a CF + CM/DM + Winger

Finally sign Spiderman

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
If they keep Urruti, I can't take this team seriously.

I would like to see Urruti take Piette's spot in the midfield. Urruti seems like he has that same bulldog mentality Piette has but can actually move the ball.

Aside from that, the one thing they need to move away from is Taider. Whether that's moving him outright, or making sure he never takes another set piece kick again, something has to be done about that. I'd also like to see Bush gone as he's the only common thing that can explain the teams issues with set pieces. Different coaches, players, management and they still suck at them.

Biggest thing is going to have to be tactically. You watch other teams play and they've started to change to a small game tactic where there are always 3 - 4 players withing 10-15 yards giving multiple support avenues. That is missing from the impact and needs to be changed.

Reactions: Olfer

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Orji and Boyan are building some nice chemistry on the counter, hopefully he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad