OT: Montréal Impact thread - "I spend like poutine" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
You must love to hear yourself talk.... No one cares about Croizet, he's as much as LB than Silva is a RB.

Just take the L, move on and come back for your 40th attempt of trying to win an argument.

Truth is in the eye of beholder they say. You asked for one team with a DP wingback that made it to the conference final. I looked back one year and found one. Not my fault your criteria were loose enough that they were easy to be met. :laugh::razz:

Is Krkic any good?

Tough to say... He was developed by the FCB academy and was pegged as the next Messi before he crumbled under the pressure of playing for Spain. He actually did good at first with the Barça. He kept playing for pretty good teams despite the fact that he flopped compared to the huge expectations on him. Played in Serie A, Liga, Eredivise (sp?), EPL and Championship. Hasn't scored much lately, but Sabbatini knows him as they were both at AS Roma together. I'd expect him to come in as a TAM player, but I'm not sure he'd fit under the cap.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
And... Vincent Destouches rains on the parade again... :(

Gilmore and Saputo are not going to Bologna for no reason. They're probably using discretionary TAM, that's why there's a bit more room now. I expect it to be done.

Edit: Or maybe they're letting some jabronis go. Exciting times.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Is Krkic any good?

He's certainly got the skill and professionalism/work ethic, but yeah... he has 1 goal in two years and he lost a bit of a step since his knee injury. Still has good pace, just not the same as before.

He'd perfectly fit in the two forwards system were adopting now. I just hope he can find his scoring touch in a more open MLS.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The 2019 version of Krkic is pretty meh TBH. He might be the kind of guy that ends up doing really well in the MLS though, he's always been a very hard worker and he doesn't mind the physical play too much. I wouldn't want him as the lone striker but in a 4-4-2 there's some potential . It's my prefered formation at this point anyway.

EurOConnEcton

Feb 17, 2008
Montreal
Quick question lads.

If Vicent Destouches is reporting that we need to create cap space to sign Bojan, can we just make him a DP then?

We're allowed to hold 3 DPs and then it wouldn't count against the cap no?

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Quick question lads.

If Vicent Destouches is reporting that we need to create cap space to sign Bojan, can we just make him a DP then?

It would count against the cap, I think it's real close to 500 K now. It means mismanagement lead us to being without a budget while having a 3rd DP slot in our back pocket...

Reactions: EurOConnEcton

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Quick question lads.

DPs count for 530k on the cap, but Bojan would cost half of that for this season since he's coming in the secondary window.

fe591386901c551c6122162863d841a9.png

https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/official-rules/mls-roster-rules-and-regulations

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
I'd love to see Cabrera or Camacho go away but we are kinda thin right now at CB, especially with the Canadian Championship and Cabrera's injury. Ideally Novillol would be gone and we wouldn't be paying for both Jaunadel and him

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Bojan would be a significant upgrade over Urruti but I wouldn’t be too thrilled either if he comes, especially not as a DP. I don’t want to sound like a jerk but We need a marketable striker who can also bang some goals not one who has anxiety issues.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Bojan would be a significant upgrade over Urruti but I wouldn’t be too thrilled either if he comes, especially not as a DP. I don’t want to sound like a jerk but We need a marketable striker who can also bang some goals not one who has anxiety issues.

It's apparently done

And i would be an upgrade on Urruti at this point.

Reactions: Dominator13

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
We REALLY need someone who can score some goals for us at that position . I really hope they did their scouting cause on paper Bojan isn't exactly what we want right now... One Urruti is more than enough. I hope the MLS does him some good.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
If both Saputo and Gilmore went there to talk to the man, it's because they have big plans with him.

Just a hypothesis, but maybe they view him as the n.10 in the "after Piatti" era. Let's say he's worth 2 mil a year in salary, why not offer him 500K for the year and 3.5 next year? Just to fit him under the cap this season...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad