OT: Montréal Impact thread - "I spend like poutine" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
28/28 and 28/37 is not the same thing and you know nobody's gonna say "it's 28 but it feels like 37" everytime

words are made up and people use them wrong all the time

it's 38 :)

At least say "humidex 38", pfft.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I would work out next to Frédérique too

She's got someone else in her life.
emmllOm.png

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Humidex isn't a measured temperature. It's there to give an idea of what the temperature one might feel outside, depending on the humidity present in the air mass. Humidex has no unit. We keep explaining this to people but there is no winning this battle :laugh:

/OT

So you guys tell people that it's like 38°C but there's no unit.

Okay.

And we are the baddies.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
M'eh. The Impact already had two guys in the best XI, and LAFC are the MLS darlings this year, nothing to see here to be honest...

the whole team can be filled with LAFC, Bob Bradley, Will Ferrell and Magic for all I care. but Orji deserves to be on TOTW. Its no big deal, the W is more important

At least they found the secret weapon in a 4 4 2, Idk why he waited that long. I bet Potato feels useless, he looked mad and thought he was important, no boy sit down and shut up:laugh:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
the whole team can be filled with LAFC, Bob Bradley, Will Ferrell and Magic for all I care. but Orji deserves to be on TOTW. Its no big deal, the W is more important

At least they found the secret weapon in a 4 4 2, Idk why he waited that long. I bet Potato feels useless, he looked mad and thought he was important, no boy sit down and shut up:laugh:

I don't know what you're doing on a hockey forum chatting about soccer man, you must be refusing calls to coach left and right with all your amazing insights :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, the secret is having good players. With a healthy Nacho/Orji and the arrival of Lassi, we finally have enough talent to scare defenders. It has been quite rare since Piatti's arrival that the Impact won decisively without Nacho/Drogba/Dzemaili carrying the team, it's nice to see new guys that could potentially do it, albeit on a short term basis.

As Nilton said in the latest CCPP, I still can't begin to fathom what went through Herdman's head to prefer Godinho over ZBG. He's the real deal and could be a staple on this team.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I don't know what you're doing on a hockey forum chatting about soccer man, you must be refusing calls to coach left and right with all your amazing insights :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, the secret is having good players. With a healthy Nacho/Orji and the arrival of Lassi, we finally have enough talent to scare defenders. It has been quite rare since Piatti's arrival that the Impact won decisively without Nacho/Drogba/Dzemaili carrying the team, it's nice to see new guys that could potentially do it, albeit on a short term basis.

As Nilton said in the latest CCPP, I still can't begin to fathom what went through Herdman's head to prefer Godinho over ZBG. He's the real deal and could be a staple on this team.

This isnt a hockey forum, tf. Nobody watch hockey.
Its a soccer and basketball forum.

Yall overrate ZBG way too much. He is on Godinhos level, he looked lost against Mexico.

No clue who he is but 140 Ligue 1 at 28 is a good sign. They can go back at being elites but they gotta get rid of Vanney. Worst MLS coach.

Ok and hes a number 10

Lol he was supposed to be USAs next big thing

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Montrealers, stuffing online ballots since 2009.

Komisarek, NHL All-star forever. He should thank Andrei Markov on his tombstone for the money he obtained from the leafs... Same for Streit, Rivet and Souray who all got too much money thanks to playing next to a top flight defenseman.

This isnt a hockey forum, tf. Nobody watch hockey.
Its a soccer and basketball forum.

Yall overrate ZBG way too much. He is on Godinhos level, he looked lost against Mexico.

No clue who he is but 140 Ligue 1 at 28 is a good sign. They can go back at being elites but they gotta get rid of Vanney. Worst MLS coach.

Ok and hes a number 10

Lol he was supposed to be USAs next big thing

JP, they all looked lost against Mexico. Just like the whole Madrid team were impersonating caspers against Ajax. Godinho arguably cost Canada the game against Haiti, ZBG did not even manage to do that against Mexico of all teams. He was not dominant, I'll grant you that, but he was not better nor worse than most Canadians on the pitch on that day.

As for the French lad TFC is getting, I believe he was in conflict with Briand when he decided to leave the team and force them to let him go on a free transfer to Montréal. I believe they burned Briand's jersey on a BBQ or something.

On Boyd, you were the first to be excited by his arrival, saying he could be the next Altidore, well... Even Urruti can score on PKs :laugh:

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
On Boyd, you were the first to be excited by his arrival, saying he could be the next Altidore, well... Even Urruti can score on PKs :laugh:

(Mod) or is it one of your hobbies to invent stuff I never said out of boredom?

Not only did I never mentioned Boyd but saying Boyd is the next Altidore is like saying Piette is tier 1 caliber.

So maybe you felt good for the whole 10 minutes you wrote that but nah I never said that, try again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
But but but I have been told that he is a subpar RB.
I think this is like the 7th time in 3 years that JunglePete dégradés a player or a coach... and he ends up on the MLS team of the week a couple days later.

We haven’t had a young talent like Brault-Gillard in the system since Oyongo. Even there, Oyongo wasn’t 20 years old when he joined the Impact.

There’s barely a downgrade from Sagna to Brault-Gillard this season, that alone says a lot.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Do you smoke cr*ck, suffer from amnesia or is it one of your hobbies to invent stuff I never said out of boredom?

Not only did I never mentioned Boyd but saying Boyd is the next Altidore is like saying Piette is tier 1 caliber.

So maybe you felt good for the whole 10 minutes you wrote that but nah I never said that, try again.

I'm not the creative type, I could be wrong, but I don't imagine stuff like that for fun lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad