Not open for further replies.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

tenor.gif

I wonder if Mike Petke will actually come back for the next 3 months

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I think this is like the 7th time in 3 years that JunglePete dégradés a player or a coach... and he ends up on the MLS team of the week a couple days later.

We haven’t had a young talent like Brault-Gillard in the system since Oyongo. Even there, Oyongo wasn’t 20 years old when he joined the Impact.

There’s barely a downgrade from Sagna to Brault-Gillard this season, that alone says a lot.

Honestly, I'm only 'degrading' ZBG because I don't want him to stay here. He has a bright future in Europe but the longer he stays in Mtl the slower he'll develop and reach his ceiling. It could ruin his NT career. That simple.

Difference with Oyongo is that Oyongo wasn't a Lyon player already. Anyone who wants him to stay in MONTREAL out of all places don't love him.

The only other guy I bashed who ended up in totw is #6 and just a matter of time when the level of the league will surpass him. He's slowly becoming a clear liability (to me he has been one for a year)

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Honestly, I'm only 'degrading' ZBG because I don't want him to stay here. He has a bright future in Europe but the longer he stays in Mtl the slower he'll develop and reach his ceiling. It could ruin his NT career. That simple.

Difference with Oyongo is that Oyongo wasn't a Lyon player already. Anyone who wants him to stay in MONTREAL out of all places don't love him.

The only other guy I bashed who ended up in totw is #6 and just a matter of time when the level of the league will surpass him. He's slowly becoming a clear liability (to me he has been one for a year)

How do you help the kid by saying he's bad while thinking otherwise? That makes zero sense JP.

If the Impact or Bologna buy him, that won't stop him from going to Europe if he's good enough. The Impact will be willing to sell him if they can make a profit. Did you think it was bad for Almiron to go as a 20 year old in Atlanta? Again, flawed rhetoric. He wants to stay a bit longer, the team seems to like him and he doesn't count as an international. It's a win-win situation for everyone and a no-brainer if you take away his buy-out clause. ZBG is better off in MLS than Ligue2 or National in France. He's in a familiar environment and he's playing for a coach that has the exact same philosophy that he is used to in Lyon.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Common man...

Isn't his clause like 3M? That'll make him a DP and I won't even pay 300k for him wingbacks are easily replaceable and he's nothing special.

He's nothing special? He's a 20 year old, starting XI caliber, LOCAL player. We don't even have a 3rd DP, so it's ridiculous to not just give him the tag for a year in order to pay his rights.

It's not a good idea, it's a idea tingive him the tag right now. Being 20, his cap hit would be 150,000$ , which means we get 300K of cap space for another asset.​

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
How do you help the kid by saying he's bad while thinking otherwise? That makes zero sense JP.

If the Impact or Bologna buy him, that won't stop him from going to Europe if he's good enough. The Impact will be willing to sell him if they can make a profit. Did you think it was bad for Almiron to go as a 20 year old in Atlanta? Again, flawed rhetoric. He wants to stay a bit longer, the team seems to like him and he doesn't count as an international. It's a win-win situation for everyone and a no-brainer if you take away his buy-out clause. ZBG is better off in MLS than Ligue2 or National in France. He's in a familiar environment and he's playing for a coach that has the exact same philosophy that he is used to in Lyon.

Illusory truth effect... He is subpar and goes back to Lyon where he blows up hopefully.

Teams like Arsenal were already after Almiron while in Argentina, he was European bound no matter what. ZBG is unknown and not even sure to make it over there. Nothing flawed and two entirely different cases.

Common man...

He's nothing special? He's a 20 year old, starting XI caliber, LOCAL player. We don't even have a 3rd DP, so it's ridiculous to not just give him the tag for a year in order to pay his rights.

It's not a good idea, it's a idea tingive him the tag right now. Being 20, his cap hit would be 150,000$ , which means we get 300K of cap space for another asset.​

Ok here it is, tell me how many teams use a DP slop on a wingback? If by miracle there is a Canadian team with a DP wingback tell me what is their current position.. Yes exactly my point, your DPs are for more offensive minded players in key positions.

Its utterly bad management to waste a spot on DP RB especially one who is barely playing for Canada, what the hell why are we even debating this lmao? You need to take off you rose tinted glasses. Although we disagreed ALOT, this is by far the worst idea I have heard you said. Its one thing to make him a permanent player but to make him a DP?!

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Illusory truth effect... He is subpar and goes back to Lyon where he blows up hopefully.

Teams like Arsenal were already after Almiron while in Argentina, he was European bound no matter what. ZBG is unknown and not even sure to make it over there. Nothing flawed and two entirely different cases.

Ok here it is, tell me how many teams use a DP slop on a wingback? If by miracle there is a Canadian team with a DP wingback tell me what is their current position.. Yes exactly my point, your DPs are for more offensive minded players in key positions.

Its utterly bad management to waste a spot on DP RB especially one who is barely playing for Canada, what the hell why are we even debating this lmao? You need to take off you rose tinted glasses. Although we disagreed ALOT, this is by far the worst idea I have heard you said. Its one thing to make him a permanent player but to make him a DP?!

Uh boy..

There is no 3rd DP with this club! The only time it's ever happen was when they made Ontivero a young DP to lower his cap hit. So you give him the tag FOR ONE YEAR, because his transfer fee does count against the cap. The kid's 20 year years old. How many 20 year old have displayed that kind of poise with the club? 0.

The worst idea lol. Sure man.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Uh boy..

There is no 3rd DP with this club! The only time it's ever happen was when they made Ontivero a young DP to lower his cap hit. So you give him the tag FOR ONE YEAR, because his transfer fee does count against the cap. The kid's 20 year years old. How many 20 year old have displayed that kind of poise with the club? 0.

Jesus... did I miss 10 games where he played like Cafu? He was alright nothing fancy.

Yeah I get that but we have other .. serious needs. Like a number 10 or CF to play alongside Max. Even a 8.5. We need it now and we will need it next year. Did you already forget 1-0 at home against YorkFC? That was bad if you consider who was on the field and if we wanna be a serious contender this year o beyond.

What if we play like shit next year then we need an urgent big name and we are stuck because we gave ZBG a DP spot. What do you do? You ask for Lyon to take him back? He would be the worst DP in history, not because of who he is but because of where he plays.

DPs win you championship, like a winger, cf, am, central mid/d mid. Wtf would a Right back do? Do you think Atlanta won because of Escobar? or Toronto because of Beitashour? or Seattle because of Lerdham? whomever was Portlands RB when they won? They are all better than ZBG and you think its a good idea to make him a DP? lmfaooooo stop playing, thats like the least important position and thats why there are NO DP RBs.

ZBG is far from subpar for the MLS.

Ok yeah he is not subpar, but atm he is average with an interesting ceiling.

BUT I wanna see him more against big teams because all I remember for now is Mexico.

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Uh boy..

I don't even think the Impact would have to make him a DP. Just have Bologna buy him, and loan him to IMFC, making him probably a TAM player. As always it's shady and not quite clear what amount of a transfer has to be included for an affiliate team in MLS, but it's not the full amount as people have pointed out in Lappalainen's case.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I don't even think the Impact would have to make him a DP. Just have Bologna buy him, and loan him to IMFC, making him probably a TAM player. As always it's shady and not quite clear what amount of a transfer has to be included for an affiliate team in MLS, but it's not the full amount as people have pointed out in Lappalainen's case.

Keeping ZBG is a must IMO. He might have other ambitions though. Good fullbacks do not grow on trees and he could get good work in Europe. To me, he is more well-rounded then Oyongo. Less talented, but more complete. No reason why he could not play in Ligue 1 very soon.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Keeping ZBG is a must IMO. He might have other ambitions though. Good fullbacks do not grow on trees and he could get good work in Europe. To me, he is more well-rounded then Oyongo. Less talented, but more complete. No reason why he could not play in Ligue 1 very soon.

He seems to want to stay, at least he hinted it a few times on Twitter when fans were talking about it. He's getting lot of minutes. It is reasonable to think he will be the #1 RB next season, heck he might even become the de facto starter on the right side by the end of the season. I agree with you that he's Ligue 1 material, on a midfield team. Lyon, PSG and Monaco might never be options for him because they have so much money and talent in their academies, but he could definitely play for Bordeaux, Marseille, Nice, Montpellier, Lille, etc. Do they have a rule for international players? I know they do for academies, but if they do have a limit for international players at the Ligue1 level as well it will be an advantage for him as he has the dual-citizenship.

Last edited:

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I like his dynamism better than Oyongo, his decision making is suspect, but he's still 20. With good coaching and experience, he'll round off that part of his game.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Heck. You can probably make him young DP anyway.. if the rule still exist. Anyhow, as I said, make Bologna pay for the transfer fee and get him on loan over here. No DP status required. I don't know who's playing RB over there but he could be a decent RB even for Bologna in the future.

He is only subpar because he doesn't play for TFC :sarcasm:

Reactions: QuebecPride

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I like his dynamism better than Oyongo, his decision making is suspect, but he's still 20. With good coaching and experience, he'll round off that part of his game.

He's already better at crossing than Oyongo. Less flashy, but much more effective and stronger. I also think he's a tad bit more explosive than Ambroise. Oyongo was an inspired player, really creative with the ball, but ZBG looks more consistent and more structured.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
No one is denying his talent or at least his potential. MLS has been a great stepping stone for another Wingback in Angeliño. He went one year to NYC then to Eredivise, then PSV and now Man city bought him back. Hes gonna wear #12.

If you really like whatever traits of ZBG and think he can be a top player, you cheer for him this year and hope he can find the best possible club after this year. Plain and simple. I mean if you only watch MLS you probably will never get it so that is I can say as I'll just keep on repeating something pretty damn simple to grasp.

Its maybe something cultural but you cant settle for less as a professional player (or in life in general)

Anyway, St Louis will be announced as a new team at ASG Half time

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
No one is denying his talent or at least his potential. MLS has been a great stepping stone for another Wingback in Angeliño. He went one year to NYC then to Eredivise, then PSV and now Man city bought him back. Hes gonna wear #12.

If you really like whatever traits of ZBG and think he can be a top player, you cheer for him this year and hope he can find the best possible club after this year. Plain and simple. I mean if you only watch MLS you probably will never get it so that is I can say as I'll just keep on repeating something pretty damn simple to grasp.

Its maybe something cultural but you cant settle for less as a professional player (or in life in general)

Anyway, St Louis will be announced as a new team at ASG Half time

Yeah you're the only one here watching European soccer. You're right, I have no idea what the level of play is out there. I probably should stick with hockey.:huh::thumbd::help:

Last edited:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
wow didn't even know Hector Herrera signed for Atletico and Benfica finessed Atletico for a 110M fee on a Kaka look alike teenager :laugh:, he looked really good in the skills challenge last night.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Jesus... did I miss 10 games where he played like Cafu? He was alright nothing fancy.

Yeah I get that but we have other .. serious needs. Like a number 10 or CF to play alongside Max. Even a 8.5. We need it now and we will need it next year. Did you already forget 1-0 at home against YorkFC? That was bad if you consider who was on the field and if we wanna be a serious contender this year o beyond.

What if we play like **** next year then we need an urgent big name and we are stuck because we gave ZBG a DP spot. What do you do? You ask for Lyon to take him back? He would be the worst DP in history, not because of who he is but because of where he plays.

DPs win you championship, like a winger, cf, am, central mid/d mid. Wtf would a Right back do? Do you think Atlanta won because of Escobar? or Toronto because of Beitashour? or Seattle because of Lerdham? whomever was Portlands RB when they won? They are all better than ZBG and you think its a good idea to make him a DP? lmfaooooo stop playing, thats like the least important position and thats why there are NO DP RBs.

Ok yeah he is not subpar, but atm he is average with an interesting ceiling.

BUT I wanna see him more against big teams because all I remember for now is Mexico.

1) You put way too much emphasis on the position. They're all important, and you pay for your needs.

2) For 7 years this team had needs and didn't use the 3rd DP slot, so these hypotheses made me yawn more than anything.

3) It's 1 year to pay his transfer fee, not 5.

How in the world can you not see the point of this? He's 20 years old, highly talented, local, and with a big resale potential. You called him subpar 2 days after he made the MLS team of the week.

For the 152783th time, this is you against the world.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
1) You put way too much emphasis on the position. They're all important, and you pay for your needs.

2) For 7 years this team had needs and didn't use the 3rd DP slot, so these hypotheses made me yawn more than anything.

3) It's 1 year to pay his transfer fee, not 5.

How in the world can you not see the point of this? He's 20 years old, highly talented, local, and with a big resale potential. You called him subpar 2 days after he made the MLS team of the week.

For the 152783th time, this is you against the world.
Me against the world? Yea maybe but remember #23? I just call it like it is and don't have an agenda because 'he is a local' or because he speaks French

Ok and for the last time on that topic

1) not in MLS, theres a salary cap. You dont need to spend on Wingbacks and goalies. That's coming from Bruce Arena's mouth not mine. Hes won it 5x so he would know much better than you.

2) yes and ? Let's use it on an elite Cf a creative midfielder or 8.5 like Blerim.

3) if we were a more complete team yeah. The problem is not having him as dp the issue is we have holes to fill offensively. Lassi and Orji won't stay forever.

I called him subpar because of what I saw with the nt but then said he was average/mediocre if we compare with the big rbs like Jara or Moreira.

If you are that eager to see a dp rb, how about you name me one team where they had a wingback as a dp and made it to the conference final ? Because honestly when I think of DP Wingback all I can think of is Beasley when Houston were usl level

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad