OT: Montréal Impact thread - "I spend like poutine" edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Me against the world? Yea maybe but remember #23? I just call it like it is and don't have an agenda because 'he is a local' or because he speaks French

Ok and for the last time on that topic

1) not in MLS, theres a salary cap. You dont need to spend on Wingbacks and goalies. That's coming from Bruce Arena's mouth not mine. Hes won it 5x so he would know much better than you.

2) yes and ? Let's use it on an elite Cf a creative midfielder or 8.5 like Blerim.

3) if we were a more complete team yeah. The problem is not having him as dp the issue is we have holes to fill offensively. Lassi and Orji won't stay forever.

I called him subpar because of what I saw with the nt but then said he was average/mediocre if we compare with the big rbs like Jara or Moreira.

If you are that eager to see a dp rb, how about you name me one team where they had a wingback as a dp and made it to the conference final ? Because honestly when I think of DP Wingback all I can think of is Beasley when Houston were usl level

He would be DP for a year because of the transfer fee. That could be avoided by having Bologna buy him and loan him to Montreal (which also might be BETTER for him considering he probably COULD play in Bologna in 2 years and then launch his career in Europe). And, as pointed out by others, we NEVER use the 3rd slot, so why not use it, for a year, for a guy that can be a dominant RB AND won't cost an international spot (which is big).

You DO have an agenda when it comes to local players. Piette who you call potato when he has been one of our most consistent players since coming over. ZBG who you called subpar THEN mediocre when he is showing a lot of promise (go watch him live if you haven't he does the little things well and is a horse out there). Bitching about the academy and praising the draft for years - to your defense, the academy had provided mixed results at that point, the current crop is much better (Choinière and Bayiha mostly). You are clearly biased against local players for whatever reason. That's fine, but at least admit it.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Me against the world? Yea maybe but remember #23? I just call it like it is and don't have an agenda because 'he is a local' or because he speaks French

1) not in MLS, theres a salary cap. You dont need to spend on Wingbacks and goalies. That's coming from Bruce Arena's mouth not mine. Hes won it 5x so he would know much better than you.

2) yes and ? Let's use it on an elite Cf a creative midfielder or 8.5 like Blerim.

3) if we were a more complete team yeah. The problem is not having him as dp the issue is we have holes to fill offensively. Lassi and Orji won't stay forever.

I called him subpar because of what I saw with the nt but then said he was average/mediocre if we compare with the big rbs like Jara or Moreira.

If you are that eager to see a dp rb, how about you name me one team where they had a wingback as a dp and made it to the conference final ? Because honestly when I think of DP Wingback all I can think of is Beasley when Houston were usl level
Yeah you do have an agenda. You always target locals and academy products. "Subpar" and "mediocre" after playing the best game of his life, is agenda oriented. You can spin around it all you want. He was voted best Right back in the league last week, it made -100 sense to call him subpar this week.

Calling it the "worst idea ever" like we're Atlanta or LAFC and always having 3 DPs 100% of the time, was also ridiculous. Especially when it's finally for a player with room to grow and resale potential.

He's not Beasley, and he's not Beasley's age either.

cap10bfl

Apr 18, 2007
Laval, Qc
He would be DP for a year because of the transfer fee. That could be avoided by having Bologna buy him and loan him to Montreal (which also might be BETTER for him considering he probably COULD play in Bologna in 2 years and then launch his career in Europe). And, as pointed out by others, we NEVER use the 3rd slot, so why not use it, for a year, for a guy that can be a dominant RB AND won't cost an international spot (which is big).

You DO have an agenda when it comes to local players. Piette who you call potato when he has been one of our most consistent players since coming over. ZBG who you called subpar THEN mediocre when he is showing a lot of promise (go watch him live if you haven't he does the little things well and is a horse out there). *****ing about the academy and praising the draft for years - to your defense, the academy had provided mixed results at that point, the current crop is much better (Choinière and Bayiha mostly). You are clearly biased against local players for whatever reason. That's fine, but at least admit it.

The transfer fee will still count vs cap like it does for Lassi. It was said on tvasports i think.

You can't use Bologna that way .

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec

SKC made it to the semi-final with Croizet as a lateral defender last year. He happens to be a DP. Any other easy ones like that?

Arena is a legend, but I'm not quote sure he's the best example you could cite for MLS 3.0. Let's see how he does in NE, but don't hold your hopes up. He was a complete failure with Team USA not so long ago in his 2nd stint. So far, he's done not so bad, but the team had only one way to go and it was upwards. Let's see if his effect lasts.

I think as a general idea having a DP in goal or on defence overall is a bad idea as you can generally find cheaper, suitable options locally or even TAM players will do just fine. You need to pay for talent, and I agree that DP money should be spent on attackers/attacking midfielders. On a team like the Impact where you never see 3 DPs, it would not be the end of the world though. Atlanta/LAFC/LAG/SKC/PT/SEA will almost never do that with that being said as they invest big money on offensive transfers.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArtPeur

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
The transfer fee will still count vs cap like it does for Lassi. It was said on tvasports i think.

A part of it counts, but it's not quite clear how much and what %. It's definitely not 100% (as per many TVAS journalists), and I'd wager it's not much more than 50%. The Impact were able to lower a good chunk of his salary with the Targeted TAM they got from the Silva transfer last Winter.

We don't even know what ZBG's buy-out clause is (rumors are anywhere between 1-3M EU), and we don't even know what portion of that would have to be included in his cap hit, so assuming he'd have to be a DP might not even be realistic.

But back to your point, the Bologna buy and loan is definitely an option and should be used if Bologna sees a potential. If not, the Impact can afford it.

FYI, ZBG was on FC919 with Raphael Doucet yesterday, I have yet to listen to it, but he may have spoken about his future there too.

https://gateway.rncm.ca/audios/extraits/cklx/generated/fc919_2019-07-31.mp3

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
That's one way to keep him fresh and healthy, not having to cover defensively as much as he used to.

Yup, and everybody else plays at their prefered position. With Lassi, Nacho and Orji/Browne that can provide offense, Urruti's lack of finish and offensive instincts are easier to forget as he's not a bad supporting attacker. He is amongst the good passers in the league thus far this year with 6 primary assists after all. I watched 3/4 of the game Saturday on my PVR, but he had one of his better games as an Impact IMO. His passes on both Okwonkwo goals were important in the ending result. If the team can find a scorer that could come in as Joker and who fits Garde's preferred profile, the team could could be set for an interesting playoff push.

Taider is much more effective in a transition role than in an attacking role. It won't stop him from roaming a bit higher if he sees the opening. Nacho plays like an 'électron libre' (free electron?), he can pick his spots and go whereever he thinks danger can be created. His instincts and skills are so above everyone else that he's really scary in that role as you can't really contain him unless you have a guy follow him everywhere.

Honestly, I don't remember seeing the Impact so creative and dangerous on the transition in years. As many have pointed out, against Philly, the goals came from good one-touch passes and quick build-ups, it was not individuals making magic tricks. The former can be replicated every one, while the latter is an unreliable factor.

Reactions: ArtPeur

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012

Yeah exactly that, there are no shortcuts. If that route was possible I certainly wouldn't be against it but it isn't. No way we can waste 3M + but especially a DP spot on him. Maybe get a 2nd loan next year would be the best way to go about it.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
SKC made it to the semi-final with Croizet as a lateral defender last year. He happens to be a DP. Any other easy ones like that?

Arena is a legend, but I'm not quote sure he's the best example you could cite for MLS 3.0. Let's see how he does in NE, but don't hold your hopes up. He was a complete failure with Team USA not so long ago in his 2nd stint. So far, he's done not so bad, but the team had only one way to go and it was upwards. Let's see if his effect lasts.

I think as a general idea having a DP in goal or on defence overall is a bad idea as you can generally find cheaper, suitable options locally or even TAM players will do just fine. You need to pay for talent, and I agree that DP money should be spent on attackers/attacking midfielders. On a team like the Impact where you never see 3 DPs, it would not be the end of the world though. Atlanta/LAFC/LAG/SKC/PT/SEA will almost never do that with that being said as they invest big money on offensive transfers.

Dude what are you talking about? LOL all that post and you're still wrong, Croizet is a LW, Attacking Midfielder. He played a very few (maybe 5 at max) games at LB because he was shit offensively while Sinovic is a MLS 1.0 player. Know your stuff before you @ me.

Arena being a failure with team USA has nothing to do with what he achieved/is achieving in MLS. I can name you 10+ coaches that were great at club levels but terrible on international stage or vice versa. 2 different worlds. He still knows it better than all of you.

As for the academy stuff, I've said it they always lack something, whether it's mentally, physically or technically. Choiniere is built like a toddler, he needs to go play a few USL games and bulk up. Nowhere MLS ready. Who knows if he'll ever be... and that's supposed to be the 'best' of them.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
ZBG who you called subpar THEN mediocre when he is showing a lot of promise (go watch him live if you haven't he does the little things well and is a horse out there). *****ing about the academy and praising the draft for years - to your defense, the academy had provided mixed results at that point, the current crop is much better (Choinière and Bayiha mostly). You are clearly biased against local players for whatever reason. That's fine, but at least admit it.

I did against RSL, he came on and had like a few occasions, he was more of RW because Sagna was still on the field I think. He thought he was good. I said he is mediocre if you compare him with the elites RBs of this continent because of Mexico. Doesn't mean he'll stay at that level.

As for potato, he is and will always be potato, no growth in his game, predictable, one-dimensional, boring, nervous, emotional, shaky.

I'm not biased against anyone, I just call it like it is. Idc where they come from. The day I see a local player worthy , I'll be the first one to praise him. I just don't like fairy tails. If you like fairy tells then keep on believing .

And ZBG grew up and lives in France, I don't see how he is a local.....

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Dude what are you talking about? LOL all that post and you're still wrong, Croizet is a LW, Attacking Midfielder. He played a very few (maybe 5 at max) games at LB because he was **** offensively while Sinovic is a MLS 1.0 player. Know your stuff before you @ me.

Arena being a failure with team USA has nothing to do with what he achieved/is achieving in MLS. I can name you 10+ coaches that were great at club levels but terrible on international stage or vice versa. 2 different worlds. He still knows it better than all of you.

As for the academy stuff, I've said it they always lack something, whether it's mentally, physically or technically. Choiniere is built like a toddler, he needs to go play a few USL games and bulk up. Nowhere MLS ready. Who knows if he'll ever be... and that's supposed to be the 'best' of them.

Croizet has consistently been used as a LB by SKC. It's not his natural position, but they play him there. You asked for a team that had a DP as a wingback, and I found you one that made it to the conference final.

Of course Arena knows a lot more about Soccer than all of us here, it doesn't necessarily mean he belongs in the MLS in 2019 as a head coach...

I didn't mention the academy, but oh well.

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
Of course Arena knows a lot more about Soccer than all of us here, it doesn't necessarily mean he belongs in the MLS in 2019 as a head coach...

So youre implying Bruce Arena doesnt belong in the MLS in 2019? look at New England bef... you know what nvm. You truly live in your own world. I am not a vibe killer.

Croizet has consistently been used as a LB by SKC.

In your imagination, yes.

2nsmjrp.png

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
So youre implying Bruce Arena doesnt belong in the MLS in 2019? look at New England bef... you know what nvm. You truly live in your own world. I am not a vibe killer.

In your imagination, yes.

I am questionning whether he belongs in the MLS in 2019. The Revs' final stretch will answer that. I don't say he does/doesn't belong in MLS, I'm just not sure he does.

As for Croizet, here is the proof he played as a LB in the 2018 MLS cup playoffs....

upload_2019-8-1_22-36-6.png

Yohan Croizet - Detailed stats (Detailed view)

Last edited:

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I’m sure that JP puts more time and energy in this thread than a Phd student in his thesis

(Mod)

I'm a sucker for arguing about anything so I find it entertaining to keep it going, although at some point it comes back full circle and it's not interesting anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

JunglePete

Jul 21, 2012
I am questionning whether he belongs in the MLS in 2019. The Revs' final stretch will answer that. I don't say he does/doesn't belong in MLS, I'm just not sure he does.

As for Croizet, here is the proof he played as a LB in the 2018 MLS cup playoffs....

View attachment 247717

Yohan Croizet - Detailed stats (Detailed view)

You must love to hear yourself talk.... No one cares about Croizet, he's as much as LB than Silva is a RB.

Just take the L, move on and come back for your 40th attempt of trying to win an argument.

(Mod)

Is Krkic any good?

Meh, was fast technical now Idk. Now if he's a DP he may be considered a flop just like he can succeed. He's a gamble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad