Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
It's such a royal rumble made moment imo
Nah. Survivor Series is in Chicago. That would be the perfect return. Someone on one of the 5v5 teams gets "injured" and a 5th team member is needed. Said team is down and in dire straits when Cult of Personality suddenly blares into the arena.

The #30 entry for the Rumble should be a returning Demon Balor.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Punk said he's not actively chasing a return to wrestling. And I think he confirmed he's on Backstage on Fox. Not dealing with anyone with WWE in that. They didn't even reach out to him after the Fox audition. And Booker T was hired for Backstage.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Nah. Survivor Series is in Chicago. That would be the perfect return. Someone on one of the 5v5 teams gets "injured" and a 5th team member is needed. Said team is down and in dire straits when Cult of Personality suddenly blares into the arena.

The #30 entry for the Rumble should be a returning Demon Balor.
I would never want to see the #30 spot in the Rumble wasted on Balor.

Arguably the least charismatic guy on the male roster.

Reactions: I Am A Goon

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I would never want to see the #30 spot in the Rumble wasted on Balor.

Arguably the least charismatic guy on the male roster.
If its Balor as regular Balor, I agree. But if the Demon comes back after 5 months of being out, it would be a huge moment. Demon winning the Rumble and coming for Fiend (who's presumably holding a belt by this time), would be a huge feud going into Mania. The mind games that Fiend and Demon could play on each other (if done right) has loads of potential.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If its Balor as regular Balor, I agree. But if the Demon comes back after 5 months of being out, it would be a huge moment. Demon winning the Rumble and coming for Fiend (who's presumably holding a belt by this time), would be a huge feud going into Mania. The mind games that Fiend and Demon could play on each other (if done right) has loads of potential.
The problem with that is Demon Balor needs a **** ton of makeup every time he appears, and it's supposed to be his alter ego that only appears for the biggest of moments.

If Demon Balor showed up at the Rumble, I have no idea how you build that feud with The Fiend until Mania without seeing way, wayyyyyy too much of regular old collar popping Finn Balor. And that version of Finn Balor is awful and barely belongs in the mid card.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The problem with that is Demon Balor needs a **** ton of makeup every time he appears, and it's supposed to be his alter ego that only appears for the biggest of moments.

If Demon Balor showed up at the Rumble, I have no idea how you build that feud with The Fiend until Mania without seeing way, wayyyyyy too much of regular old collar popping Finn Balor. And that version of Finn Balor is awful and barely belongs in the mid card.
Prerecorded promos, like they do with FFH? Or, have him with demon make-up and clothing rather than wrestling gear. Maybe a trench coat a la Sting?

Reactions: I Eat Crow

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Prerecorded promos, like they do with FFH? Or, have him with demon make-up and clothing rather than wrestling gear. Maybe a trench coat a la Sting?
This.

It can be done. That and prerecorded promos.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Lost in all this is that I'd love to see a collar-popping Balor versus Mr. Rogers Wyatt on a random Raw as if nothing is going on between their alter egos.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Trench coat look would work.

Face paint wouldn’t take as long. Head dress thing pops on.

A feud done between prerecorded promos and such would be interesting. Wonder if it would connect if it happened since none of it would be live

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Punk talked about not necessarily missing wrestling, but missing the performance and feeding off the crowd.

This really does have all the makings of a part-time run, or even a one-off just to properly end his chapter/career in WWE.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
“Look, I’ve read about that as well. You know, to be clear, FOX is doing this show, and it’s their show, and it’s something they’re doing to talk about the WWE Universe and everything going on in it.
They’ve had a long list of people they’ve been interviewing and everything, but as far as for us, one of the things I think this company has shown over and over again, is never say never.
If the opportunity is right for everybody and it’s right for our fans, then we are willing to put the past behind us and move forward. So, I would say, never say never, but that’s also probably a long way from coming to. I don’t know.
That’s also a little bit outside of my purview at the moment, but like I said, never say never.”

HHH on sports illustrated (on CM punk doing FOX)

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Bray and Finn chatting with each other for 3 months in prerecorded segments sounds legit awful.

Look how much the FFH has dropped in quality since it has had to focus on actual wrestling feuds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad