Monthly News Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The thing i liked about AEW is they didn’t over-stack their card.

They legit brought a show that you will see something similar on a weekly basis

That helps a ton in terms of carry over, because they didn’t give the viewer anything they won’t see on a weekly basis

Reactions: Disclose

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
NXT doesn’t have to do anything. The novelty will wear off of being fresh. AEW’s toughest challenge is ahead of them: maintain viewership.

A lot of people who consider NXT the better show or has better talent still checked out AEW because it’s fresh.

WWE needs to get NXT off the network so quickly and get a TV deal in their other popular countries where the product is consumed. People will just watch NXT on demand knowing it’s readily available the day after in full.

Well getting off the network and getting a TV deal in Canada and the UK is doing something. I do agree with Dave they need to figure out how to tour as well.

But yeah I also agree the actual show itself doesn’t need to change. The cards they put together, overall production of the show doesn't. It’s a quality product.

I think both shows overall have the potential to do well and this could be great for fans.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
My opinion

This is good news for NXT. Their base is likely 800k unless the product goes to shit. AEW has to fight to maintain 1.4m, but i don’t imagine all those viewers stay. A lot likely tuned in out of curiosity. There was a lot of buzz.

We hear commentators in hockey say “this team is weathering the storm of their hot opposition” and that’s what this was imo. NXT weathered it. The 18-49 demo is brutal but I think this comes down to viewing habits.

AEW’s tough task ahead of them is maintaining the buzz and viewership and building up their lower card to those unfamiliar with them, but like the product vibe. NXT’s tough task ahead of them is breaking viewer habits. They need to get NXT off the network so soon after TV, they need TV deals in at least their larger markets and they need to break the viewer habit of watching NXT on demand after five years. It’ll be tough, but they have to pull NXT from the network and wait at least a week to put it up there.

Reactions: Disclose

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
AEW did 878,000 in the 18-49 demo, almost matching NXT’s entire audience. That’s wild.

lapsed fans definitely caught onto the AEW hype.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
honestly. when i go see an indy show with one of those guys in the card is young people in the crowd.
when you go to RAW is families. (old people that paid for their kids)

thats why i keep saying AEW is for the "indy darlings"
those fans who have been following that specific wrestling. (not just the Elite)

in this argument im saying NXT its still "WWE"

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
With working nights (slow job) and NXT not being on Live in Canada, I still found it easy to watch both, which was nice. Woke up around the time AEW ended, watched it on PVR, downloaded NXT while at work and watched most of it at work. I do wish NXT was live here though, so I could watch on SN Now or WWE Network instead of downloading.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The tribal warfare starting on reddit isn’t as much fun as having two good wrestling shows on TV
I think it was you that asked how stupid WWE thinks wrestling fans are a day or two ago, but reddit (and Twitter and IG) is exactly how dumb they think we are.

Oct 18, 2011
The tribal warfare starting on reddit isn’t as much fun as having two good wrestling shows on TV
Yeah it's a little weird to see all the tribalism taking place after fans, for years complained about WWE being stale. Now we get something new and the WWE fanboys and fangirls are being super territorial

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah it's a little weird to see all the tribalism taking place after fans, for years complained about WWE being stale. Now we get something new and the WWE fanboys and fangirls are being super territorial
To be fair, the AEW supporters are just as bad. The moment you defend one, you get attacked by the other

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
To be fair, the AEW supporters are just as bad. The moment you defend one, you get attacked by the other

Yeah it’s been both sides. I got jumped for saying I didn’t like Omega showing up at the end of the women’s match.

Then I mention NXT needing to get out of Full Sail and got jumped again lol

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah it’s been both sides. I got jumped for saying I didn’t like Omega showing up at the end of the women’s match.

Then I mention NXT needing to get out of Full Sail and got jumped again lol
Yeah, I've been jumped on for defending both too. I'm just enjoying it all, even Raw & SD

Oct 18, 2011
I've been watching TNF and there's been a few ad's for Smackdown tomorrow, and they advertise a bunch of top tier guys, and then have to sneak Roman into it

"See Rock, Austin, Hogan, Lesnar, and Roman!"

This is why people turned against him before, projecting him as something he's not

Oct 18, 2011
I agree to an extent, but alot of those AEW fans are ex WWE fans that got fed up with the staleness of WWE, I am one of them too, I just won't bury my head in the dirt if AEW does some dumb stuff.

But there's also alot of weird fans on twitter like creepy or borderline fake

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I've been watching TNF and there's been a few ad's for Smackdown tomorrow, and they advertise a bunch of top tier guys, and then have to sneak Roman into it

"See Rock, Austin, Hogan, Lesnar, and Roman!"

This is why people turned against him before, projecting him as something he's not

they have to promote their actual stars.
you cant just go with Austin, Rock, Cena.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

It's been like this for a while. It's beyond annoying and partly why I haven't even looked at this forum in case it was the same here. People want another Monday Night War so bad. Especially those who weren't fully aware or completely missed it the first time.

I watched both shows and liked both. But if I had to choose a favorite I would say NXT relatively easily.

I'm expecting the rating for All Elite to drop fairly significantly next week. But I don't see either show in any type of danger going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad