Monthly News Thread (October 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He cares too much about his image. And he has to really respect the person to put them over.
He doesn’t care much about the image at all. It’s all about money. He’ll lose in 30 seconds if it means good business and filling up his bank account.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Just posted in the SD thread, but the draft was executed as scripted, there was no change. The list put up on the website was supposed to be re-ordered alphabetically and wasn't.

Dave says there's a big concern with info getting out and related this to the video games, WWE 2K20, etc. In so many words, says that Bray Wyatt's fiend character sounded like it only barely made it into the game for this reason, but it is why a lot of character changes do not. WWE is so concerned with info leaking that they're leaving people in the dark and leads to a lot of miscommunication.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This is sad

Meh, I don't think I've ever heard anybody not named, "Matt" have a good thing to say about Reby.

Just posted in the SD thread, but the draft was executed as scripted, there was no change. The list put up on the website was supposed to be re-ordered alphabetically and wasn't.

Dave says there's a big concern with info getting out and related this to the video games, WWE 2K20, etc. In so many words, says that Bray Wyatt's fiend character sounded like it only barely made it into the game for this reason, but it is why a lot of character changes do not. WWE is so concerned with info leaking that they're leaving people in the dark and leads to a lot of miscommunication.

Lol. What an odd concern to have when you're notorious for changing plans in the middle of the show and have absolutely no long term plans.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Brock vs Cain at Crown Jewel is officially for the WWE Title.

There was no reference to the title being on the line in the Press Conference, nor the preview on the WWE website.

That was since updated sometime yesterday to confirm the title will be on the line, meaning Cain gets a championship shot in his debut match.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

There was no reference to the title being on the line in the Press Conference, nor the preview on the WWE website.

That was since updated sometime yesterday to confirm the title will be on the line, meaning Cain gets a championship shot in his debut match.

Booked themselves into another corner, eh? DQ finish? Why is Cain going 0-1 in his first WWE match. :laugh:

Reactions: Fro

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If money wasn’t a factor, Cain would have stayed doing Lucha Libre or gone to AEW. WWE offered him such a ridiculously big contract that he couldn’t say no, and AEW didn’t counter, per WON

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Imagine there weren’t preliminary pools and the draft could have had some buzz with NXT included and guys like John Morrison? And the talents were actually shown reacting to the draft / brought onto the stage?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Imagine there weren’t preliminary pools and the draft could have had some buzz with NXT included and guys like John Morrison? And the talents were actually shown reacting to the draft / brought onto the stage?
The draft was horribly run. They wanted to make it feel like a sports event yet Stephanie McMahon is boringly announcing every pick and as quickly as she can.

Just stupid.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I cannot imagine how ANYONE can listen to the WO Radio. Dave cannot complete a single sentence w/o 4 different tangents. I have no idea where he's going. He uses the word "like" 200 times. It sounds like a 13 year old doing his first speech in front of people. It is beyond insufferable.

Not taking away ANYTHING from the guy's legacy. But wow. I cannot make it beyond 10 minutes. It is SO bad.

Oct 18, 2011

I honestly don't give a shit about that match, and I say that as an MMA fan. Nothing WWE does is cool, and you're putting that match in f***ing Saudi Arabia, not an MMA hotbed where you could get an invested audience.

We also have no idea how well Cain can wrestle, the injuries in UFC piled up for him I honestly think if he and Brock had a shoot fight now Brock would beat him pretty badly. Cain didn't look good at the end

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I honestly don't give a **** about that match, and I say that as an MMA fan. Nothing WWE does is cool, and you're putting that match in ****ing Saudi Arabia, not an MMA hotbed where you could get an invested audience.

We also have no idea how well Cain can wrestle, the injuries in UFC piled up for him I honestly think if he and Brock had a shoot fight now Brock would beat him pretty badly. Cain didn't look good at the end

To be fair, Cain wrestled a couple matches already and he looked good.

The Tyson Fury stuff is the thing that is more pointless garbage

Oct 18, 2011
To be fair, Cain wrestled a couple matches already and he looked good.

The Tyson Fury stuff is the thing that is more pointless garbage
I'll take your word for it I haven't seen any of his matches, and WWE did do a good job with Ronda's first match. But I just haven't found a reason to care much yet

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The real reason KSA wants it is because UFC won’t go there

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I'll take your word for it I haven't seen any of his matches, and WWE did do a good job with Ronda's first match. But I just haven't found a reason to care much yet

(notice he's wearing the knee brace)
(he does more than Brock....)
(you dont have to care. im just showing you)

Reactions: Jussi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
**** what KSA wants, though. :banghead:

I wish Vince cared more about delivering a good product than he did about putting on garbage shows for quick cash
They bought the show, so, no you can’t f*** what they want, unless they pull out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad