Monthly News Thread (May 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm telling you guys, WWE wants Lesnar to top Punk's 434 day title reign before he leaves so he can have the "modern day" longest title reign. Lesnar dropping the title at MITB (June 17th) would leave his title reign at 441 days...

"Hey, that guy left our company for the UFC! Let's give his title reign record to this other guy who is leaving our company for the UFC for the second time!"

So petty it doesn't even make sense :laugh:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I would think you do the 4HW match before Charlotte v. Ronda. Especially since Charlotte is losing matches anyways
Unless you use the Charlotte/Rhonda match to set up the 4HW vs 4HW at survivor series.

Wrestlemania 35 is Charlotte vs. Rhonda for the title. Build up some bs about how the 4 wwe HW (or specifically sasha as she’s a pure heel) don’t want the title on an outsider so at wrestlemania Sasha interferes to cost Rhonda the match and title.

The next Monday on raw Charlotte is celebrating in the ring, sasha comes out and wants a match for saving the title. So Rhonda comes out saying it’s mine first. Some bickering happens, Suddenly she punches Charlotte and then banks and Charlotte beat down Rhonda, rhonda keeps getting beat down by being out numbered as no one of the 4wwe HE wants her to have the belt as an outsider

Do a fatal 5 way where the 4wwe HW eliminate Rhonda from the match which sets up a call to action for a summer slam match where she brings out the ufc 4HW

Reactions: Fro

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
As long as who ever wins the MitB match that night cashes in on Reigns after beating Lesnar and takes the title I'll be happy.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
As long as who ever wins the MitB match that night cashes in on Reigns after beating Lesnar and takes the title I'll be happy.

Cash-in mid match, pin Reigns, and keep Reigns in the main event for 4 more years!

Reigns gets a rematch clause for losing (that's the joke).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Unless you use the Charlotte/Rhonda match to set up the 4HW vs 4HW at survivor series.

Wrestlemania 35 is Charlotte vs. Rhonda for the title. Build up some bs about how the 4 wwe HW (or specifically sasha as she’s a pure heel) don’t want the title on an outsider so at wrestlemania Sasha interferes to cost Rhonda the match and title.

The next Monday on raw Charlotte is celebrating in the ring, sasha comes out and wants a match for saving the title. So Rhonda comes out saying it’s mine first. Some bickering happens, Suddenly she punches Charlotte and then banks and Charlotte beat down Rhonda, rhonda keeps getting beat down by being out numbered as no one of the 4wwe HE wants her to have the belt as an outsider

Do a fatal 5 way where the 4wwe HW eliminate Rhonda from the match which sets up a call to action for a summer slam match where she brings out the ufc 4HW
I'd be here if you turn all of the 4HW heel. But you gotta have them all on the same show. Shayna Baszler is definitely a heel though

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
I'd be here if you turn all of the 4HW heel. But you gotta have them all on the same show. Shayna Baszler is definitely a heel though
I think if they book it correctly they could pull it off with baszler heel and Rhonda face on the same team.

Same with Charlotte/banks as heel and Becky lynch as a face.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think if they book it correctly they could pull it off with baszler heel and Rhonda face on the same team.

Same with Charlotte/banks as heel and Becky lynch as a face.
They could, but they already book all the women so bad that I don't trust them.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Why won't they pull the trigger on Strowman? The guy has star written all over him.

Has anyone in history been forced down our throats as long as Reigns has? I just don't get it.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
They probably only thought of that after the fact
Maybe, but it would explain why Lesnar still hasn’t dropped the title to Reigns yet and why they didn’t sign him through Summerslam. I wouldn’t put it past them to extend their plans with Lesnar once they figured out they were close enough to Punk’s record.

"Hey, that guy left our company for the UFC! Let's give his title reign record to this other guy who is leaving our company for the UFC for the second time!"

So petty it doesn't even make sense :laugh:

We’re also talking about the company who fired this dude via mail on his wedding day. Petty is right up their alley.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe, but it would explain why Lesnar still hasn’t dropped the title to Lesnar yet and why they didn’t sign him through Summerslam. I wouldn’t put it past them to extend their plans with Lesnar once they figured out they were close enough to Punk’s record.
Lesnar didn’t want to be signed through Summerslam. He’s basically going month to month waiting to see if Jon Jones can escape his suspension.

Oct 18, 2011
WWE are just too stuck in their bubble with Roman. I still can't get over how Pejorative Slured that spot was where he literally hulked up out of a choke, that shit doesn't work anymore. Everyone knows what MMA is all it did was bury Joe and give you a super Cena like ending

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lesnar is not booked for Money in the Bank, says Meltzer, and might be an indicator that he is now signed for Summerslam

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
HHH book NXT right for the most part

fixed.

and there lies the problem. Vince is still pulling the big show strings. It has become a race to see what dies first...Vince or WWE.

Give HHH the book and full control on Raw and a lot of issues would be fixed. Like him or hate him, the man is a heck of a booker.

The other solution is GO BACK TO IMPROV PROMOS. This script every word crap hurts everyone. The guys never learn how to grow their character, or how to cut a promo. And the crowd is dumb, they see right through the hokey/stilted scripts. Go back to when you told a guy 'this is your character, and this is the motivation...go cut a promo". That's where you see people's personalities shine and how the crowd connects with a guy.[/b]

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
fixed.

and there lies the problem. Vince is still pulling the big show strings. It has become a race to see what dies first...Vince or WWE.

Give HHH the book and full control on Raw and a lot of issues would be fixed. Like him or hate him, the man is a heck of a booker.

The other solution is GO BACK TO IMPROV PROMOS. This script every word crap hurts everyone. The guys never learn how to grow their character, or how to cut a promo. And the crowd is dumb, they see right through the hokey/stilted scripts. Go back to when you told a guy 'this is your character, and this is the motivation...go cut a promo". That's where you see people's personalities shine and how the crowd connects with a guy.[/b]

This does happen with people who can do that but the people that suck at improvising still use a script. I think it also takes time for new people to prove they can do it before they are allowed to do their own thing.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This does happen with people who can do that but the people that suck at improvising still use a script. I think it also takes time for new people to prove they can do it before they are allowed to do their own thing.

there is only 1-2 people they let improv, and shocker, its the guys that came up doing it (Jericho and Rock)

sorry, you're reasoning doesnt work either. The only way you get better at something is by doing it. That's how wrestlers have learned to cut promos and get better at it since the dawn of time. You make mistakes, and you learn. Hogan, Rock, Austin, Foley, HBK, etc all learned to cut promos through trial and error.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
ESPN reached a deal to air the UFC. So Fox is going to be in the market for some programming...
Vince definitely wanted UFC to move first.

It would still feel strange after all these years to move to a sports station. But maybe they’d be apt to appeal to a more sports-oriented audience.

That means NO SCRIPTED PROMOS

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
there is only 1-2 people they let improv, and shocker, its the guys that came up doing it (Jericho and Rock)

sorry, you're reasoning doesnt work either. The only way you get better at something is by doing it. That's how wrestlers have learned to cut promos and get better at it since the dawn of time. You make mistakes, and you learn. Hogan, Rock, Austin, Foley, HBK, etc all learned to cut promos through trial and error.

Yes it does because some of them do unscripted promos on twitter or fb or even Talking Smack when that was a thing. When they see them handle themselves well there, they get more leeway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad