Monthly News Thread (May 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Agreed. He can post whatever he wants, but he may also be searching for a new jobby job soon.

yeah happened at my old job. someones property went missing and someone posted "people working at X company are thieving bastards". got fired for that

I got a formal warning once for saying "X company issuing redundancies on Boxing Day, how very festive!" haha. they had printed it off on A4 paper blown up 4 or 5 times the size. lol.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
This is the same company that fired Jimmy Jacobs for taking a photo with friends and uploading it on Instagram. Jimmy Jacobs....not even an on air talent or somebody people know to anybody but indie nerds....the same guy who came up with some of the best stories and angles the WWE had going (the list, etc)..

The company is notoriously petty so I wouldn't feel entirely safe if I was Graves but he's been on TV since...he's probably safe in terms of having a job but he'll still pay for it in other ways.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
In theory nearly everybody in the world is replaceable.

To me, however, he's not replaceable. That announce team is a dumpster fire even WITH him. Imagine without it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
In theory nearly everybody in the world is replaceable.

To me, however, he's not replaceable. That announce team is a dumpster fire even WITH him. Imagine without it.
That's the point. WWE don't care about the quality of commentary, so him being good at his job is meaningless to him keeping it.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
except people get fired for social media comments all the time. its usually written into their contract, and you can bet its ironclad in a big company like WWE.

he wasnt wrong, but the company DOES own him in this case

I am sure he knew of the consequences when he did it. I am just saying IMO I am glad he decided to speak his mind regardless of the consequence.

Plus, imagine the PR WWE will go through if they fire him for a completely legitimate critique?

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Plus, imagine the PR WWE will go through if they fire him for a completely legitimate critique?

there wouldnt be any bad PR. they just did a huge show in cooperation with KSA and their employee turns round and makes a derogatory comment about them. doesnt matter that Corey was right, its absolutely a fireable offense

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
there wouldnt be any bad PR. they just did a huge show in cooperation with KSA and their employee turns round and makes a derogatory comment about them. doesnt matter that Corey was right, its absolutely a fireable offense

I think we will have to agree to disagree on the bad PR thing. "Corey Graves fired for criticizing Saudi Gov't" doesn't sound like a great headline to me."

I mean, Graves can be fired for no reason whatsoever if they wanted to fire him, just like most employees. It sounds like the WWE needs a....
maxresdefault.jpg

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Wasn’t his comment about how great it is to live in the USA where women have freedoms?

He doesn’t mention any other comment though you could probably read between the lines.

He would have a great case for wrongful termination as people post about how great the us is and women’s freedom all the time and don’t get fired.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Graves is the best part of either main roster commentary team. He grew out of working NXT where he was brilliant. You lose him, the announcing teams take a decline in quality unless Nigel takes over.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Wasn’t his comment about how great it is to live in the USA where women have freedoms?

He doesn’t mention any other comment though you could probably read between the lines.

He would have a great case for wrongful termination as people post about how great the us is and women’s freedom all the time and don’t get fired.

Yeah but WWE doesn't need to use that reason as a way to get rid of him if they wanted. Announcers don't mean anything to them and probably rightfully so. He is easily the best commentary guy in the company but that doesn't change how they succeed or not in the big picture. He doesn't help them draw money.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Good for Corey. A company doesn’t own you, speak your mind if you feel like it.

Fair... but are you going to pay his paycheck week to week? Because he works for WWE. That's the only thing I worry about. Guy is so talented but WWE is keeping him healthy.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Saudi Arabia announced that they will allow women to participate in any sporting event in the country as part of Vision 2020

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Fair... but are you going to pay his paycheck week to week? Because he works for WWE. That's the only thing I worry about. Guy is so talented but WWE is keeping him healthy.

Yes, I will have him commentate next to me at my desk as I analyze data and post it to YouTube, it will still be better than a Reigns promo. :D

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Daniel Bryan is still expected to work a full-time schedule.

- Neville has moved from his Florida home back overseas and quietly said goodbye to his friends in America, most likely closing the door on any potential return to the company.

- The reason WWE is breaking up Rusev and Aiden English is because WWE sees them as a mid-card tag team at best. The goal is to reunite Rusev and Lana and move Rusev higher up the card.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
- Daniel Bryan is still expected to work a full-time schedule.

- Neville has moved from his Florida home back overseas and quietly said goodbye to his friends in America, most likely closing the door on any potential return to the company.

- The reason WWE is breaking up Rusev and Aiden English is because WWE sees them as a mid-card tag team at best. The goal is to reunite Rusev and Lana and move Rusev higher up the card.

about f***ing time

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
All they had to do is let what is already happening happen. They were getting top-face reactions. They are there and got there without Lana

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Contrary to previous reports, Enzo Amore is still being investigated in the rape allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad