Monthly News Thread (May 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coupe89

Jan 25, 2006
PEI
Seems some people forget they fired Jim Ross so I don't think they would think twice about firing Graves.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Seems some people forget they fired Jim Ross so I don't think they would think twice about firing Graves.

Most of the Ross firings had to do with him not fitting the vision of the product anymore or with the Flair thing that he somehow hadn’t done his job by letting a drunk Flair shoot. I think they realize Graves talent or they’d never put him on two shows.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Meltzer tweeted in response to someone that Strowman vs. Lesnar for MITB is "one of two options".

- JR says he has no idea why the women should be paid for not being at the GRR, saying -- like Wrestlemania -- it's not someone's "birthright" to be booked on any card and they have to earn it. [wtf JR?]

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- TJP wants to go to the main roster. He posted a picture of himself with the caption "Am I 206 yet??? I got goals waiting on me"

- Booker T said he's fine with Hulk Hogan returning. Saying in a radio interview yesterday; "until we can stop saying the word ourselves, we shouldn’t have a problem with anyone else using that term" and "the only thing Hogan can do is apologize, atone for it and move forward. Everyone deserves a second chance."

- Edge & Christian are backstage at Backlash, likely filming for the 2nd season of their WWE Network show.

- There will be a WWE-centric episode of Undercover Boss on the upcoming season. The new season has been dubbed "Celebrity Edition" with celebrities seeking out new potential stars in their field, so the WWE episode will likely feature someone from WWE going undercover to find someone who could end up being hired by the company. The WWE episode is slated to air in late June or early July

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Wow. He deserves to be torched for that.

Among other things...

JR has become a grouchy old man, he gets nasty whenever people criticize his work and likes to beat up internet detractors a lot anymore.

I feel for him losing his wife, I would be totally lost if it happened to me, I wouldn't wish it on anyone but I think it might be time for him to just fade into retirement.

I don't watch NJPW much at all but the little bit I did, JR called multiple people the wrong names and was just terrible

This is Willie Mays dropping fly balls for the Mets

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
- There will be a WWE-centric episode of Undercover Boss on the upcoming season. The new season has been dubbed "Celebrity Edition" with celebrities seeking out new potential stars in their field, so the WWE episode will likely feature someone from WWE going undercover to find someone who could end up being hired by the company. The WWE episode is slated to air in late June or early July

I'd probably watch that.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Vince McMahon would be an awesome host for Celebrity Apprentice

Yeah, instead of you're fired it'd be "You sucked at this challenge, you let your team down and your an idiot, but the good news is you're being invited to join a very exclusive club" then he stands up and unbuckles his belt.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
JR will literally take whatever position he thinks is most what WWE wants to hear. In this case he played himself because they just want any of this talk to go away.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Ya'll act surprised like 10 years ago Kharma didn't say right on RAW that JR told her he wouldn't sign her because she's too fat. :laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke, the two final members of the MMA 4 Horsewomen, have reported to the WWE Performance Centre, joining fellow Horsewomen, Current NXT Women's Champion Shayna Blazler, and "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey in the company.

- Alexa Bliss injured her shoulder at Backlash. No other details have been released

- WWE is teasing that Roman Reigns will once again face Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title at Money In The Bank on June 9th in Chicago, despite fans flooding the exits during his Main Event Match Last Night, and losing the past two chances he has had at the Champion. As @M.C.G. 31 noted earlier, it's reported that Brock's new contract doesn't go to SummerSlam, so it's likely whoever faces Brock at MITB, will be his last challenger, and go over The Beast

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
people should just leave everytime he fights. maybe they'll stop with the"at least he's getting a reaction"excuse.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
- WWE is teasing that Roman Reigns will once again face Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title at Money In The Bank on June 9th in Chicago, despite fans flooding the exits during his Main Event Match Last Night, and losing the past two chances he has had at the Champion. As @M.C.G. 31 noted earlier, it's reported that Brock's new contract doesn't go to SummerSlam, so it's likely whoever faces Brock at MITB, will be his last challenger, and go over The Beast

If Reigns was the guy, they just should have pulled the trigger. They overthought and booked themselves into a corner. Now everyone loses. They had backups in Joe/Braun less than a year ago who were running so insanely hot. Now they drastically cooled off and most likely Braun gets the go.

At this point - I pray it's Jinder. Just for the absolute laugh.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Bring Hornswoggle back for Brock's last opponent, and have him beat the beast via fluke. And then hold tournament and really decide if you want to risk the fans completely turning on your company by forcing the belt on Reigns.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So they got cold feet pulling the trigger twice on Reigns and decided to stretch it out for a 3rd match and will finally give him the belt... yikes.. :facepalm:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
- Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke, the two final members of the MMA 4 Horsewomen, have reported to the WWE Performance Centre, joining fellow Horsewomen, Current NXT Women's Champion Shayna Blazler, and "Rowdy" Ronda Rousey in the company.

And there we have our wrestlemania 35 or 36 main event.

Reactions: Fro

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And there we have our wrestlemania 35 or 36 main event.
I would think you do the 4HW match before Charlotte v. Ronda. Especially since Charlotte is losing matches anyways

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So they got cold feet pulling the trigger twice on Reigns and decided to stretch it out for a 3rd match and will finally give him the belt... yikes.. :facepalm:
I'm telling you guys, WWE wants Lesnar to top Punk's 434 day title reign before he leaves so he can have the "modern day" longest title reign. Lesnar dropping the title at MITB (June 17th) would leave his title reign at 441 days...

Reactions: DoyleG

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They probably only thought of that after the fact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad