Monthly News Thread (May 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I watched the Enzo/Miz promo the other day.

Enzo had so much potential as a mouthpiece in the WWE.

Too bad he’s a d-bag to literally everyone

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I thought parts of it were good, and was a solid message.

But then he goes all Enzo, and ruins it, and messes it all up

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Made it about 9 seconds. Wanted to see what the opening skit was about then the actual music started and I peace'd the f*** out.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
If you look at the lyrics, you can tell a lot of thought went into it. It's the rest of it that's garbage. lol

NXT Takeover in Chicago is reportedly having a hard time selling tickets.

The card isn't too bad except for the Nikki Cross/Baszler match. It just does not looking appealing at all. Baszler has been invisible so far holding the title. Part of it is bad booking, the rest is just her not coming across as a good champion.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They're not having a hard time selling tickets more than they haven't sold out the building yet.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
The card isn't too bad except for the Nikki Cross/Baszler match. It just does not looking appealing at all. Baszler has been invisible so far holding the title. Part of it is bad booking, the rest is just her not coming across as a good champion.

I've been saying that about her since the Mae Young classic run. She has nothing going for outside of being Rhonda's friend. Zero charisma and a generic "I know MMA!" fight style doesn't make for compelling matches or champions.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I've been saying that about her since the Mae Young classic run. She has nothing going for outside of being Rhonda's friend. Zero charisma and a generic "I know MMA!" fight style doesn't make for compelling matches or champions.
She gets a ton of heat though.

They also had nobody lined up for her.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
She gets a ton of heat though.

They also had nobody lined up for her.

IMO it's not "a ton of heat". It's "some heat" and it's no where near as much as it should be. I think mostly because so many people are just not interested or buying her as a champion. It was too soon. And it's similar to Rousey. Too soon. But I get it. They want to get her to the main roster sooner rather than later so they can all team up.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Simon Gotch told a story of Enzo trying to teach Finn how to pick up women when they were both in NXT and Finn lost his patience with Enzo. :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Former writer James McKenna (falconarrow from reddit) said in 2015 there was a strong push for Samoa Joe to be brought up from NXT and win the MITB Ladder match until an unfortunate accident happened and they held off.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah. I definitely look at Finn and think that he needs help with the ladies
Gotch said the same thing lol. He's like "yeah, this dude with 9 million abs needs help from Enzo to pick up girls"

and Enzo's advice was "get an apartment close to downtown so you can walk to all the clubs"

people in NXT also saw him trying to latch onto Finn for Finn's success and it rubbed people the wrong way

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Former writer James McKenna (falconarrow from reddit) said in 2015 there was a strong push for Samoa Joe to be brought up from NXT and win the MITB Ladder match until an unfortunate accident happened and they held off.

Well now they have a great chance to rectify that.

Joe is killing it since he moved to SD. You could have a money summer feud with DB too. Let’s you hold that Miz feud for Mania.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm assuming that unfortunate accident in 2015 was the Tyson Kidd injury, Kidd was hurt just 2 weeks before MitB.

If I'm correct, it was probably a good call, because you have to think injuring someone so badly took Joe off his game for at least a little while and the last thing you need in a ladder match is a guy having doubts and second guessing himself.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rich Swann is joining Impact. Not sure if this was mentioned

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Shayna has been great since the MYC.

The real money feud is going to be in about a year from now Shayna vs Rousey.

IMO Shayna is actually what Rousey should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad