Monthly News Thread (May 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Who said that? Dave said they were talking about a 1 hour show but seemed adamant that it wasn’t NXT, just a fluff show much like Talking Smack

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't see what the problem would be anyway. NXT used to be on TV before, and I think it still is in some places. The entire show is produced to be a TV show, not just a Network show, so nothing would change about it (other than some extremely minor length differences once every blue moon).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Dave says NXT, 205 Live and PPVs are not available to networks for bid for, so there's that.

I don't get how that would be the case. Like sure they won't be openly auctioning these things off but if a network came to them with a huge amount of money for say NXT, they'd certainly do it. I just don't think it has that sort of value to networks.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I don't get how that would be the case. Like sure they won't be openly auctioning these things off but if a network came to them with a huge amount of money for say NXT, they'd certainly do it. I just don't think it has that sort of value to networks.

I think its more accurate to say that NXT isnt being shopped around, rather then not being available at all

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
NXT on TV would be stupid.

... I think in the long run what hurts a lot of these guys anyways is the "Exposure". It's fun to see somebody grow as a character. Bobby Roode is a great example. Very over in NXT, dead when he gets to the main roster. Why? Because you watched all his growth on NXT. (As a character not as a performer) The character was evolving during his time on NXT. Then he gets sent to the main roster as a "Finished product" and has changed little and become stale very quickly.

The journey is what is intriguing, and for the most part you're getting to see the journey on NXT rather than WWE. Which makes for great television for NXT, but hurts the main roster product.

It's why people like Roode and Bayley were big in NXT and big disappointments in WWE, and Elias and Braun are two of the most over acts in WWE. They didn't blow the entire journey on NXT television.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That's a main roster booking/writing issue, nothing more. And if anything, giving NXT more exposure can only help with that problem.

It's a writer's issue for sure. But it's also an NXT problem.

It'd be like your favorite TV show not airing until season 4. You've missed out on major parts of including the majority of the character development.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
How can a main roster writing failure be an NXT problem? I don't understand.

NXT's existence does nothing at all to stop the main roster from correctly introducing characters, it's entirely the failure of the main roster staff that they don't put the effort in.

You can make the argument that NXT uses up storylines that might not be able to be re-used on the main roster, but the main roster is far bigger and you've got a ton of opponents to craft new storylines with. Taking a couple of programs off the table should be a non-issue (especially when it's wrestling and there's never anything new anyway).

Reactions: ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Early Extreme Rules update;

Two Matches Being Advertised;

- Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & Jinder Mahal vs Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman & Bobby Lashley
- Daniel Bryan vs Samoa Joe

Brock Lesnar, Ronda Rousey and John Cena all not announced for the show.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
3 days in and the Punk/Cabana/Amann trial looks like a bunch of garbage, but Amann is not looking good. Admitted to violating HIPAA by sharing Punk’s medical info with Jericho, admitted to not documenting all medications or antibiotics given to talent and literally just gives them stuff in an envelope and a dosage written on it with no documentation or records kept, Punk even being cleared to compete in November considering the email exchanges and what he was feeling.

Amann’s also seeking compensation for emotional damage but has not sought counseling, sleeps a good 8 hours a night, has not lost his job and hasn’t had his status affected in WWE. The most he’s said was that it affected his thanksgiving because he was in a bad mood after it and that fans sent him tweets. He even joked about the Z-Paks in a text to Jericho, Ryder and Ziggler.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
FWIW, it sounds like Cabana is the only one so far who has said they saw a lump on Punk. The doctor who saw him said there was one (Saw him two and a half weeks after the Rumble though) but made it sound like the seriousness of it was overstated.

That being said, I think this case died yesterday with Amann's testimony. Admitted his career hasn't been effected by this and his "Emotional distress" claim is a joke. Also made multiple admissions, as noted by @M.C.G. 31 that indicate he's not all that professional.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think Punk definitely overstated it, but he was definitely sick with something based off the emails.

Punk had also indicated to them that he was having depression, but Amann said it wasn’t the place to discuss that and it seems to have never been brought up again.

They should have given him some time off when he was that sick, imo.

Oct 18, 2011
Just remember this...

They thought he had a concussion, so their solution was to CHOKESLAM HIM THROUGH A TABLE.

Punk should beat that like a dead horse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad