Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Everybody knows he should be in and everybody knows why he won't be and...sadly I think most of us have accepted that.

Could they not induct the Hart Foundation as a stable as a workaround? Then just have most of the focus be on Owen.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Chavo Guerrero had a big role in the GLOW season 2 finale. By the way, I recommend watching an episode before Raw or Smackdown, gets you in the proper mood. :laugh:

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'm calling BS on legit heat between Nia and Alexa. Those two were inseparable until their feud started.

I doubt Omega signs with WWE in the near future, nor should he. If I'm him I'm looking at the way they've handled Balor and saying f*** that.

DB is likely either done or holding out for the Shawn Michaels schedule. He's already been making comments that he only wants to work 50-100 dates a year. Actually wouldn't be surprised if he let it expire to go work All-In and then do kinda the same thing Jericho has been doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fro

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm calling BS on legit heat between Nia and Alexa. Those two were inseparable until their feud started.

I doubt Omega signs with WWE in the near future, nor should he. If I'm him I'm looking at the way they've handled Balor and saying f*** that.

DB is likely either done or holding out for the Shawn Michaels schedule. He's already been making comments that he only wants to work 50-100 dates a year. Actually wouldn't be surprised if he let it expire to go work All-In and then do kinda the same thing Jericho has been doing.
Balor has no character or personality that he's shown in WWE, of course his booking has been shit.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Balor was huge in Japan. He was huge in NXT.

Like every super over act from NXT, they made him just another guy. If you aren’t lucky enough to be a heel in this cand plant you are doomed.

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Balor was huge in Japan. He was huge in NXT.

Like every super over act from NXT, they made him just another guy. If you aren’t lucky enough to be a heel in this cand plant you are doomed.
NXT is a cult fan base. They’ll make anyone appear more over than they are if they came from the indies. Even Apollo was over in NXT.

Bálor is just another guy because he IS just another guy. That’s how he himself portrays himself on television. Why should he be booked as anything else? His character is that he has abs and pops his collar. There are better in-ring workers and more compelling characters on the main roster.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Meh, I think at this point it's generally accepted that this was more of a "Last straw" reason to fire him than anything.

If it wasn't this, it would have been something else. They were looking for the excuse at that point.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Balor never did much for me tbh. The demon thing is a great idea and marketing thing but that's all he has going for him. Not a fan of his moveset either. He's a good upper-card guy but not a star IMO.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Daniel Cormier called out Brock Lesnar tonight, who then entered the octagon and shoved Cormier after the promo.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Silver Alert issued for Oklahoma wrestling legend

PERRY, Okla. (KOKH) — The Perry Police Department has issued a Silver Alert for Daniel Hodge, 86.

Police say Hodge left his home in Perry at 5:20 p.m. on July 7, and he has not returned. He has Dementia.

Hodge drove off in a silver Toyota Camry with the license plate GLV226.

Authorities say Hodge is "in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death."

Hodge was a American wrestler and boxer. He was also a two-time Olympian. He competed in the 1952 Olympics in Helsinki and the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne.

The Dan Hodge Trophy is named after him, which is the Heisman trophy equivalent of college wrestling.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
It'd be kinda funny if DC turned Brock's lights out and as the docs are tending to him you suddenly hear...

"BRRAAAUUUNNNNN"

Reactions: dahrougem2
Oct 18, 2011
They need to seriously cut ties with Brock until he's done fighting. That title is worthless. Get it on Roman, Braun or Rolkins and move on already

Reactions: CPTN71

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It'd be kinda funny if DC turned Brock's lights out and as the docs are tending to him you suddenly hear...

"BRRAAAUUUNNNNN"

Brock for some reason brings the Universal title to the octagon, Brock gets knocked out then Braun comes out and cashes in his MitB at a UFC event. That would be amazing :laugh:

A bunch of WWE fans will already be watching the Brock fight anyways

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad