Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

Oct 18, 2011
I just wanted to comment on the first story.

I don't know what the guy did but you can be forced to register in some states for something like taking a piss in public (I'm sure most of us have had to go in a bush or on a tree before). It could be something like having sex in public, everyone's mind races to sexual abuse, without knowing the guys story I just don't want to rush to judgement, again I don't know what it's for

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I just wanted to comment on the first story.

I don't know what the guy did but you can be forced to register in some states for something like taking a piss in public (I'm sure most of us have had to go in a bush or on a tree before). It could be something like having sex in public, everyone's mind races to sexual abuse, without knowing the guys story I just don't want to rush to judgement, again I don't know what it's for

I get what you're saying, but no, it's not one of those type of cases.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Yep this goes to the same idea of NXT call ups. Let them put on 5 star matches all over the planet from NXT to NJPW to All-In. Coming to the WWE and being watered down wont' do anything.

Now... if WWE went all-in themselves and did an invasion that wasn't garbage. Watch the hell out.

ooooh, yes please.

have Omega, Cody and the Bucks recreate the "invasion" that the Radicalz did.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
ooooh, yes please.

have Omega, Cody and the Bucks recreate the "invasion" that the Radicalz did.

Nah, the Radicalz were about proving themselves in the big league, having a chance to show that they belonged. Omega, Cody and the Bucks should be about destroying WWE, showing they are better than the machine, that they succeeded outside of it and are now taking over. Cody is wrestling royalty, Vince treated him like shit, gave joke gimmicks to him, his brother and his father because they are seen as NWA guys. Stuff like that. Going after AJ, Balor and the Good Brothers for being sell outs, for becoming jokes, for not having achieve the success THEY did on their own, for dishonoring the club. Vince won't do that though. Because in his warped mind, that would be putting other promotions over. Instead, he would job Omega to Reigns in month two, turn Cody back into Stardust and make the Bucks a comedy tag team feuding with The Ascension. Because, in Vince's mind, WWE needs to win.

Omega, Cody and the Bucks would be SO easy to book, but Vince would destroy them on purpose. As he did Sting, as he did all the WCW guys during the invasion...

So yeah, even though I would love to see it happen, it won't.

Reactions: Fro and ColePens

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No matter what Cody does outside of WWE, he will always be a joke in WWE because of what he was made to do. There's no way he wouldn't be treated that way if he came back. If he wants to maintain his value, he has to stay away from WWE. Omega could maybe maintain his value like AJ did but he could also end up like Shinsuke. Over still but devalued with how WWE handles them. Bucks will be made a joke just like the Good Brothers.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Kenny Omega said in an interview it'd be a missed opportunity if he couldn't work with WWE at some point. With being the key word, not "for."

- Nia Jax has heat with officials because of her real life heat with Alexa Bliss, which isn't a part of any storyline according to Meltzer.

- Miz vs. Bryan is expected to take place at Summerslam, and the result of that program will be determined by Bryan's contract status. He hasn't signed a new deal yet, so Summerslam may end up being their blow off match after all.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
She's probably just bitter that she's been depushed again. I expect that she'll cry to the Rock and then stage another walkout.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
No matter what Cody does outside of WWE, he will always be a joke in WWE because of what he was made to do. There's no way he wouldn't be treated that way if he came back. If he wants to maintain his value, he has to stay away from WWE. Omega could maybe maintain his value like AJ did but he could also end up like Shinsuke. Over still but devalued with how WWE handles them. Bucks will be made a joke just like the Good Brothers.

You think? I think he would be fine.

I mean I have zero faith in any of these guys being booked well by the WWE but the potential is there for an awesome storyline.

It’s funny how WCW let the WWF guys shine but WWE is so scared of these indie guys making the company look bad in fricken KAYFABE.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I mean I have zero faith in any of these guys being booked well by the WWE but the potential is there for an awesome storyline.

It’s funny how WCW let the WWF guys shine but WWE is so scared of these indie guys making the company look bad in fricken KAYFABE.

Being fine is a relative term though. I believe we saw main event potential out of Cody in WWE during the story with the Authority and the Shield. Then what did they do with him? Turned him into the joke that was Stardust. Having an excellent storyline run only should matter to him if the intention is to make him and treat him like he's one of the best in the world. If Cody comes back to WWE, I think he's just selling out. It's not like he's AJ or Shinsuke or Omega who have or had never been in WWE and never had that experience. He's had it. He knows it. He should have plenty of money made from his own work and from what's in his family. I don't think one storyline is a good enough reason for him to go back to that environment especially with how he left. WWE may not care about it but he still should.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

WCW had to because they were paying them to.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't think Kenny, Cody, or the Bucks will ever come to WWE unless they get some guarantee in their contract of at least having some creative/writing control. There's no way I can see them coming here otherwise, unless WWE hands them all blank cheques which I doubt Vince would do for anyone.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
WCW had to because they were paying them to.

And it worked handsomely! I can’t imagine Bischoff cared about “protecting WCW” wrestlers. I mean Sting was the protagonist so they did a little and the build was awesome, it was just beautifully done.

It was a way better angle than what we would expect to happen in the WWE. They come over, they ended up losing to mid card WWE guys and treated like a joke instead of a real threat because the WWE is just so much better.

I swear the WWE has small penis syndrome, they always over compensate. They can’t accept they’re the bad guys. It’s like people cheering for Walmart over the mom and pop store. :laugh:

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The guy is a father now. His wife's reality TV show is WWE produced.

DB won't leave.

So on one hand, he's a father... who doesn't need the full time gig and cares more about his family. The guy has always been a minimalist. I could see him wanting to be a father who doesn't want to be on the road 300 days a year.

But also wrestling is his life. So I agree the WWE would be his first choice 99/100 times. He seemed very mad about current writing, though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I can't imagine Danielson having gone through all of this just to end up leaving anyways.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I can't imagine Danielson having gone through all of this just to end up leaving anyways.

Have you been hearing the smack he talks in interviews? I can easily see him leaving. He cares about wrestling. What WWE does isn't the representation of wrestling that Bryan is passionate about. Him going back to the indies is very likely the ideal solution for DB. He gets to make his own schedule and wrestle when he wants and how he wants which is as important, make a lot of money, and be home for his daughter a lot more frequently.

Reactions: Sheppy

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Hope DB leaves and goes to NJPW so if Kenny, Bucks, Cody have even the slightest thought of going to WWE, it changes when DB joins them.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Goldberg said he was never supposed to be in the André Battle Royal and the rumours about him being in it were false.

He said he understands why he started to get boo’d a bit, as he has a limited moveset, and that gets old after a bit. He said it’s one thing for a younger guy to have a smaller moveset, but an older guy like him, with a limited moveset, the shelf life is low.

Said if he was to wrestle at WM35, Taker and Reigns are on his wishlist, but says he doesn’t know if he will

Reactions: ColePens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad