Monthly News Thread (July 2018)

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I get ufc not wanting to go 'the wwe route'.....but they could learn from the wwe when it comes to marketing/hyping fighters

There's currently nobody on their roster that I follow enough to make time to catch a show.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I get ufc not wanting to go 'the wwe route'.....but they could learn from the wwe when it comes to marketing/hyping fighters

There's currently nobody on their roster that I follow enough to make time to catch a show.

Eh.

It's not necessarily their fault that Conor went insane, GSP has a career ending illness, Jones is a horrible human being who couldn't pee clean or stay out of trouble if his life depended on it etc.

I'd argue UFC is significantly better at marketing fighters. They just...have a very extreme shelf life.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

They're embracing it more and more. Shit sells. McGregor, when he returns, will still be the biggest thing in sports. He's a total WWE character.

They're embracing that side more and as time goes on, the only difference is that the pay offs in the octagon is real fighting.

as said above though, the star fighters have shorter shelf lives. And those that are lucky enough get their money and get out before they're ruined for life.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They're embracing it more and more. **** sells. McGregor, when he returns, will still be the biggest thing in sports. He's a total WWE character.

They're embracing that side more and as time goes on, the only difference is that the pay offs in the octagon is real fighting.

as said above though, the star fighters have shorter shelf lives. And those that are lucky enough get their money and get out before they're ruined for life.
UFC has been doing pro wrestling literally since it first began. Look at just about every gigantic fight ever and they were all straight out of pro wrestling. In fact the common opinion among people who follow both wrestling and MMA is that UFC does pro wrestling better than pro wrestling.

Reactions: Sens

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WWE have a couple of changes to the PPV schedule. The new list is:

15th July - Extreme Rules
19th August - SummerSlam
16th September - Hell in a Cell
6th October - WWE Super Show-Down (Australia)
18th November - Survivor Series
16th December - TLC

They've removed the 21st October TLC show as they've added the Australia show the same month. The Clash of Champions show has been turned into TLC. The canceled show will be a bigger than normal house show instead.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Goldust had double knee surgery today, so he's out a while. No idea what for exactly, but he hasn't wrestled much the past couple of months so they might have been bothering him.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Goldust had double knee surgery today, so he's out a while. No idea what for exactly, but he hasn't wrestled much the past couple of months so they might have been bothering him.

I'd assume that's going to be it for his in ring career, they've been using him backstage as an agent for a while and he has a good head for the business.

Send him to NXT to be a character trainer.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE may be adding a second Wrestlemania starting in 2020, so there would be two Wrestlemanias a year. The original one would still be in April in North America, and the second one would be like the Greatest Royal Rumble was and be held internationally in October.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Per PWI, Daniel Bryan was announced for the 9/4 SmackDown taping in Detroit, and the 12/26 show at MSG.

Bryan has stated before that his contract ends on 9/1, leading to speculation he has signed to a new deal, or is expected to sign one.

However, as always, cards are expected to change.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
WWE may be adding a second Wrestlemania starting in 2020, so there would be two Wrestlemanias a year. The original one would still be in April in North America, and the second one would be like the Greatest Royal Rumble was and be held internationally in October.

I've got good news and bad news:

Bad news: This is the dumbest thing I've read today (of which that's not your fault, MCG, it's an indictment of how dumb WWE is).

Good news: The day is quite young and I haven't even opened up Twitter yet!

Reactions: Fro

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
WWE seems to be going with the NFL way of promotion.

Quantity over Quality and moving more events internationally. Blah...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Bad News Barrett? Is that you????

tenor.gif

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- WWE is trying to push the Lesnar story as him potentially leaving without dropping the title so when Roman Reigns wins it, he'll be cheered. [THESE DENSE MOTHER f***ERS]

- When Cody Rhodes was negotiating an arena for All In, he tried to get the Staples Center but was told that they're not interested in any wrestling unless it's WWE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->