Monthly News Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Because then it's not Vince's idea.

That's the kicker, you can get anything you want as long as you convince Vince that he thought of it.

That's just sad. Really sad.

Last night I was so proud of the 4 NXT guys getting their spotlight that it didn't hit me until today that all their hard work is going to crash down. It sucks. Gargano/Ciampa is legit the greatest story ever told in Wrestling for me. Just my opinion. The story was so beautiful and was missing a final chapter. That final chapter COULD have been written on WWE and not NXT. I would have been fine with that.

Ricochet will just be a flippy guy even though the guy is a legit human cheat code. He does things that no human should ever do. Black is a cool as hell scary man that will have 15 minute matches with stupid rest holds as he tried to cut scripted Undertaker promos from Vince. Gargano/Ciampa will no longer be themselves.

I just hope they make as much money as possible because it's sad. That chapter of NXT is over and I'm actually sad. :laugh: Quite impress at the age of 33 to actually be sad about that. Mad props to those guys. And holy shit are the media outlets ripping WWE apart for it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
cuz theyre desperated.
people want to stay in nxt. people wanna leave when theyre in the main roster. people are listening to AEW's offers.

as long as it stays the same, i dont mind if nxt goes to fox or whatever.

You have the worst auto-correct in the world. Just turn it off already.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It’s a good idea to use NXT as a third brand and make them a part of the superstar shakeup AS LONG as nothing about it changes. HHH still in charge, one hour shows, etc.

I’m guessing they’ll be on Fox or FS1 in October.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's just sad. Really sad.

Last night I was so proud of the 4 NXT guys getting their spotlight that it didn't hit me until today that all their hard work is going to crash down. It sucks. Gargano/Ciampa is legit the greatest story ever told in Wrestling for me. Just my opinion. The story was so beautiful and was missing a final chapter. That final chapter COULD have been written on WWE and not NXT. I would have been fine with that.

Ricochet will just be a flippy guy even though the guy is a legit human cheat code. He does things that no human should ever do. Black is a cool as hell scary man that will have 15 minute matches with stupid rest holds as he tried to cut scripted Undertaker promos from Vince. Gargano/Ciampa will no longer be themselves.

I just hope they make as much money as possible because it's sad. That chapter of NXT is over and I'm actually sad. :laugh: Quite impress at the age of 33 to actually be sad about that. Mad props to those guys. And holy **** are the media outlets ripping WWE apart for it.

It's not certain they've moved yet. For crying out loud, they were still holding their titles with them.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Bad Bunny hired a bunch of people to promote a 3rd show in Puerto Rico and one of them is The Undertaker (in character) asking him to do the 3rd show.. bruhh lollllll

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They didn't need to be together. Ciampa is like the biggest dirtbag heel in the company, but he's teaming with Gargano because they 'want to make an impact." Which didn't really happen. Ciampa 'making an impact' should've been him taking a crutch and turning it into a pretzel around Finn Balor's shoulder, not go out and beat a heel team and play by the rules. It was dumb what they did with all of them.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If it ends up Kofi-Bryan at Wrestlemania, any result would make sense. I would like that dynamic for that match at that event. I would accept a Bryan-Angle title v. career match even though the match would likely suck. I would accept Bryan v. Taker if Taker does the job. The absolute worst thing they can do is have Bryan job to Taker or Cena because it would bury the character at a point where it is running hot and getting other guys over. Bryan helped get Ali over. Bryan helped get Kofi into the spot he's in. Bryan's character is making Rowan a respectable side character although I don't think they've hit their stride with that particular aspect of it, I think it puts Rowan into a better position to manage moving forward because he's now closer to relatable and capable of more nuance and maneuverability. If you end up turning Almas face, Bryan could get him over on a bigger and better level. He can likely get anyone over to a main event level if they aren't there already with this character and the direction it's going. You don't make Bryan put some over until you have a definite future face ready for that rub or to make a huge moment. The only moment worth doing it for right now is Kofi. And if you didn't end up doing it for Kofi, you can position Big E to be the guy that checks all those boxes to make a historic moment and make him a legitimate main event player for the next 5-10 years while at the very least putting in some in-house story tension with New Day. You don't need to break them up or anything since they don't want that but you can at least make a story about it where they're like what the Shield went through for a bit when they were competing with each other more noticeably.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ciampa’s introduction was the biggest joke. Black being a close second by being dominated by Elias for about 90% of that match that went too long to begin with. Unbelievable.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ciampa’s introduction was the biggest joke. Black being a close second by being dominated by Elias for about 90% of that match that went too long to begin with. Unbelievable.
That's how you know, they gotta do their format, and the matches don't mean anything. Remember when they debuted Pete Dunne in the UK and made him sell to Enzo? They re-wrote the whole show last night as well, the writers probably had no idea what to do with characters they don't work with. Ricochet wasn't anything special either.

And they every single f***ing face on the roster talks about living their dreams in every god damn promo, like how much does it matter if it's everybody on the roster saying the same thing over and over again?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They need more people like Lesnar and Owens as characters, for real.

f*** the “dream,” be there to kick ass, make money and win championships.

I’m so sick of those dream promos.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They need more people like Lesnar and Owens as characters, for real.

**** the “dream,” be there to kick ass, make money and win championships.

I’m so sick of those dream promos.

Just saying... if you were in the WWE you'd be cutting these promos, too. It takes a rare breed of fed up to just say "Go f*** your promo" and do your own thing. Lesnar gets it because he's a one of a kind athlete. Punk had to be so fed up that he was going to give it up forever. KO... literally was boring as shit before his injury. So he doesn't count as one.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Meltzer reported that Sami Zayn is cleared and ready for an in-ring return.

- WWE is preparing for Michael Cole to move out of the commentary desk, which is why WWE has hired more announcers. Tom Phillips would replace Cole on RAW, while someone new would work SmackDown.

Oct 18, 2011
Especially if Vince, in his infinite wisdom, thinks the fans want to see SuperCena go over Daniel Bryan.

I don't think even Vince is that dumb, and if he is, surely Cena has enough common sense not to agree to it or at least try and reason with Vince in his old age. :help:

As for the rumour that it's Taker.....I mean, Daniel Bryan's already great on the mic, and he'd be doing the bulk of the talking in any promo with Taker anyway, that's for sure. But the match would be brutal.

Any Taker match is sure to suck.
If anyone can get a good match outta him it's DB

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I feel like literally nothing of value will be lost anyways, but the bigger story is that more talent have options to request their release now.

I'd just assumed he was collecting that paycheck and traveling with Peyton and was perfectly content.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im sure they'll grant him the release. he had nothing but good words for the company (leaving door open i guess. which is the best move)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Apparently, WWE originally planned to get behind Balor HARD when he was first called up and won the title, making him #2 to Roman Reigns.

- Rikishi made a post about The Usos on Instagram with a line "soon to be free agents - or not" in there.

- There are people backstage who have no idea what's going on with the NXT 4 and if they're call-ups or what's happening. It was supposedly a day of decision on Monday and no one seems to know what the deal is. Some are also supposedly worried for their spot.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
- Apparently, WWE originally planned to get behind Balor HARD when he was first called up and won the title, making him #2 to Roman Reigns.

- Rikishi made a post about The Usos on Instagram with a line "soon to be free agents - or not" in there.

- There are people backstage who have no idea what's going on with the NXT 4 and if they're call-ups or what's happening. It was supposedly a day of decision on Monday and no one seems to know what the deal is. Some are also supposedly worried for their spot.

Finn’s shoulder ruined everything.

What I don’t get is why not give him a better push? Despite what anyone thinks of his shortcomings on here, he is still over. It didn’t take much for a lot of people to get on board with him going into the Rumble either.

He isn’t the only one where this applies either. I can’t understand why they refuse to go with the hot hand, unless crowds literally revolt and take over shows.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
im surprised but glad Tye asked for release. on Twitter he seemed like one of those guys constantly snapping back at people telling him to leave for being underused so it seemed like he was happy to sit in catering and earn a paycheck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad