Monthly News Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
cuz theyre desperated.
people want to stay in nxt. people wanna leave when theyre in the main roster. people are listening to AEW's offers.

as long as it stays the same, i dont mind if nxt goes to fox or whatever.

Reactions: ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yoooooo

With AEW possibly getting a TV deal for Tuesday Nights, I wonder if they signed a TV deal with Fox for NXT to be on Tuesday Nights, with SmackDown moving to Fridays.

It kinda makes sense.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So Meltzer says he thinks Undertaker is being considered to be Bryan's opponent at WrestleMania.

He says John Cena is unlikely.

Mentions there was talk of a Kurt Angle retirement match at Mania' and maybe a Career vs Title thing could work.

Meltzer says Batista is possible, with the uncertainty of HHH being able to compete at Mania. Meltzer says however, that last he heard, there was nothing in play in terms of Batista returning to the WWE now.

Meltzer says Owens, Zayn and Wyatt are on the list as well as possibilities.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
So Meltzer says he thinks Undertaker is being considered to be Bryan's opponent at WrestleMania.

How do I delete this from my memory?

Only person on that list I'd like to see go over Bryan would be Bray. Everyone else nah, a Bryan/Owens/Zayn triple threat could be fun.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
JMJ please no more Undertaker matches. Give a title match opportunity to someone who deserves it not a 53 year old part timer who's best days are behind him.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

He says John Cena is unlikely.

Mentions there was talk of a Kurt Angle retirement match at Mania' and maybe a Career vs Title thing could work.

Meltzer says Batista is possible, with the uncertainty of HHH being able to compete at Mania. Meltzer says however, that last he heard, there was nothing in play in terms of Batista returning to the WWE now.

Meltzer says Owens, Zayn and Wyatt are on the list as well as possibilities.

There are few times I can think of, where I've ever wanted someone else to be more wrong about something, than I feel with Meltzer and this "hunch" of his. :laugh:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Not going to make a case for wrestlers not to head elsewhere if they keep bringing back stars from decades ago to face champions

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Not going to make a case for wrestlers not to head elsewhere if they keep bringing back stars from decades ago to face champions

Especially if Vince, in his infinite wisdom, thinks the fans want to see SuperCena go over Daniel Bryan.

I don't think even Vince is that dumb, and if he is, surely Cena has enough common sense not to agree to it or at least try and reason with Vince in his old age. :help:

As for the rumour that it's Taker.....I mean, Daniel Bryan's already great on the mic, and he'd be doing the bulk of the talking in any promo with Taker anyway, that's for sure. But the match would be brutal.

Any Taker match is sure to suck.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Without listening, it sounds like Dave was just throwing names out there speculating because they gave no idea what to do with the title at WM.

Really big joke if you ask me considering their hottest male star is holding their most prestigious title.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My take from Dave’s comments are they simply don’t know what to do with Bryan at Mania.

Literally everyone not on TV was mentioned as a possibility.

The take to have would be that he couldn't figure out who it was, but that Danielson does have an opponent they're working to. Angle was in that mix too because there's speculation that he'll do a retirement match against someone else. He was running off the names of guys who aren't on TV.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Without listening, it sounds like Dave was just throwing names out there speculating because they gave no idea what to do with the title at WM.

Really big joke if you ask me considering their hottest male star is holding their most prestigious title.

He listed literally everyone not currently on TV. He didn’t think it would be Cena or Kurt, but it doesn’t sound like he knows who it will be or creative for that matter. Just that they are still figuring it out.

And of course he said plans change quickly.

It amazes me they didn’t have something semi-solid set up by the end of the Rumble. Then again the SD women’s champ isn’t even on TV so they don’t seem to know what they are doing with anyone on Smackdown.

The only stories set in stone involve two women feuding for the belt on the other show, and a story involving Shane.

Sure Fox is loving this.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Fighting with My Family is getting some really positive reception. I'm not entirely surprised tbh, I was skeptical at first but with more and more promo material coming out the past little while, it started to look really fun.

Fighting with My Family (2019) - currently at 93% (53 up, 4 down).

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If you listened to Dave (I just went back and re-listened to it), he didn't really know who to speculate on, but seemed to think Owens or Wyatt made the most sense. It wasn't 'the Undertaker was being considered for Danielson,' he was a guy mentioned that didn't previously have a spot on the card but he's been hearing that may have changed, not unlike Batista (who had a spot, but depended entirely on Triple H and now probably does not).

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
They added Confidential to the Network, which included a lot of bullshit, but also includes Al Snow's hockey jersey collection. I chronicled all the ones he wore, but I'd like help looking at the ones he didn't show. This is from the Freakin' Awesome Network forums, where I pointed out if the team still exists in some capacity.

*Augusta Lynx (ECHL) - No
*Quebec Nordiques (NHL) - Yes, as Colorado Avalanche
*Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL) - Yes
*Beast of New Haven (AHL) - No
*Birmingham Bulls (ECHL) - No, although an SPHL Bulls team now exists
*Detroit Vipers (IHL) - No
*Lowell Loch Monsters (AHL) - Yes, as Binghamton Devils
*Quebec Rafales (IHL) - No
*Jacksonville Lizard Kings (ECHL) - No
*Topeka Scarecrows (CHL) - No
*Rockford IceHogs (UHL) - Yes, now in AHL
*Worcester IceCats (AHL) - Yes, now as San Jose Barracuda
*San Jose Sharks (NHL) - Yes
*Syracuse Crunch (AHL) - Yes
*Austin Ice Bats (CHL) - No
*Washington Capitals (NHL) - Yes
*San Diego Gulls (WCHL) - No, but an AHL team now exists
*Rochester Americans (AHL) - Yes
*Mobile Mysticks (ECHL) - Yes, as Atlanta Gladiators
*Huntington Blizzard (ECHL) - Yes, as Manchester Monarchs
*Peoria Rivermen (ECHL) - No... an AHL team replaced the ECHL team, which then moved to Utica, and then an SPHL team joined the market with the same name
*Tacoma Sabercats (WCHL) - No
*Dayton Bombers (ECHL) - No
*Chicago Wolves (AHL) - Yes
*Philadelphia Phantoms (AHL) - Yes, as Lehigh Valley Phantoms
*New York Islanders (NHL) - Yes, and it's the Gorton's Fisherman jersey
*Minnesota Wild (NHL) - Yes
*Manitoba Moose (AHL) - Yes, though they left and relocated back to Winnipeg

And I at least verified 6 jerseys from his closet.

*Chicago Blackhawks (NHL) - Yes
*Montreal Canadiens (NHL) - Yes
*New York Rangers (NHL) - Yes
*Dallas Stars (NHL) - Yes
*Anchorage Aces (WCHL) - Yes, as the ECHL Maine Mariners
*Long Beach Ice Dogs (WCHL) - No

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Especially if Vince, in his infinite wisdom, thinks the fans want to see SuperCena go over Daniel Bryan.

I don't think even Vince is that dumb, and if he is, surely Cena has enough common sense not to agree to it or at least try and reason with Vince in his old age. :help:

As for the rumour that it's Taker.....I mean, Daniel Bryan's already great on the mic, and he'd be doing the bulk of the talking in any promo with Taker anyway, that's for sure. But the match would be brutal.

Any Taker match is sure to suck.
I just mean there is talent way more deserving to wrestle in what is supposed to be the biggest match of the year and all WWE does is try to plug in a one-off who was popular 15 to 30 years ago. It’s stupid.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why can't they just roll with something natural? The WWE title match at WM doesn't matter with what else is goign on. Kofi beating DB at WM would be a kick ass moment. Just run with it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Why can't they just roll with something natural? The WWE title match at WM doesn't matter with what else is goign on. Kofi beating DB at WM would be a kick ass moment. Just run with it.

The more it makes sense (Kofi over Bryan, Becky over Ronda), the more I'm convinced Vince just blows it up intentionally because it's not how HE wants it to go down.

Nothing ever happens organically under his supervision, without him there to snuff it out if it gets TOO popular.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Because then it's not Vince's idea.

That's the kicker, you can get anything you want as long as you convince Vince that he thought of it.

Reactions: Dr Pepper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad