Monthly News Thread (February 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Apparently Vince also feels the lack of ratings is due to lack of stars, but that most of the roster is too damaged to build back up.

WOOOOOOOOW.

Honestly, they've got about as much talent on their roster as they've had in a long time. Creative is the only thing that kills them. The people in the ring can definitely go. Hell, you guy like Kofi pop back into a singles program and he's got fans losing their minds.

Would having Roman back help? Somewhat but I think the only reason now Roman would be over is because he's actually a sympathetic character due to real life. Roman up until his announcement would not keep me watching the product. I still like the talent on the roster but it was being misused.

I don't understand how with all the talent that moves through NXT...why are they misused/under-utilized on the main roster? Why even have NXT if not as a weapon to fight off the indy promotions? Is NXT just there for people have something to watch on the Network each week? I'm nervous about Gargano/Ciampa/Black/Ricochet.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Has Tye even been on TV ten times?

I can't remember a single match or feud he's had. Was he on Smackdown or Raw? Honestly can't recall, it's been so long.

What a waste, yet again, by Vince.

I mean, I get that there's only so much time in a given week, for matches and storylines, but some of these wrestlers just waste away or end up in purgatory because their characters get written in and out of storylines so frequently.

I wonder if Dillinger was even doing house shows, or if he just chilled in the locker room every night twiddling his thumbs. :dunno:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I can't remember a single match or feud he's had. Was he on Smackdown or Raw? Honestly can't recall, it's been so long.

What a waste, yet again, by Vince.

I mean, I get that there's only so much time in a given week, for matches and storylines, but some of these wrestlers just waste away or end up in purgatory because their characters get written in and out of storylines so frequently.

I wonder if Dillinger was even doing house shows, or if he just chilled in the locker room every night twiddling his thumbs. :dunno:

The only thing I remember is the couple of skits he had with R-Truth when he was looking for Carmella. That's it. Nothing in the ring.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Tye had the best 1-minute match I've ever seen with AJ

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Vince effectively ruined one of the greatest long term storylines in all of pro wrestling by making DIY team up on the main roster and skipping a chunk of their story.

****ing hell. If I were Triple H I’d be beyond livid.

I mean... semi-true, but Ciampa/Gargano was probably the best wrestling storyline ever.

No.. i'm not just a mark (maybe). I don't think anything can match that entire story. The depth, the matches, the callbacks, the natural way it progressed, the slow turn in Gargano. There is nothing i can ever recall as deep and as good.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So the idea with Lacey Evans is that they see her as a big crossover star because of her background (good thing they brought her in as a heel) and see her as taking Ronda's spot when she leaves, and we'll have a "big 3" of Charlotte, Becky Lynch, and Lacey Evans. They want her to be Roman Reigns.

:laugh:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The funny thing with Lacey is, that her gimmick is that of a 80's housewife, who is elegant, and cooks and cleans, but before wrestling she was a Police Officer and US Marine.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The funny thing with Lacey is, that her gimmick is that of a 80's housewife, who is elegant, and cooks and cleans, but before wrestling she was a Police Officer and US Marine.
She’s literally a character out of Mad Men. She reminds me of Betty Draper lol

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
So the idea with Lacey Evans is that they see her as a big crossover star because of her background (good thing they brought her in as a heel) and see her as taking Ronda's spot when she leaves, and we'll have a "big 3" of Charlotte, Becky Lynch, and Lacey Evans. They want her to be Roman Reigns.

Oh well then it's a good thing they're doing such a great job showcasing her in-ring abilities by booking her in so many matches, eh? I can't think of a better way to get the fans interested in what she brings to the company.

At least they're not just showcasing her looks and not letting her wrestle at all; that'd be dumb.

:banghead:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

This just shows how random they are in their belief systems and how they think they can get people over and the crowd to eat it up by sheer will.

Then again, this is also a company that thinks criticizing a person because they were a stewardess is a way to get an Olympic athlete over as a face in their feud.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This just shows how random they are in their belief systems and how they think they can get people over and the crowd to eat it up by sheer will.

Then again, this is also a company that thinks criticizing a person because they were a stewardess is a way to get an Olympic athlete over as a face in their feud.

They did think the same thing about Dana Brooke.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

What if they brought her in as a woman who can fight and wants to utilize her combat skills in a combat sport?

Nope.. let's make her an elegant southern woman from the 1940s.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I've been under the impression that Lacey's gimmick was the "We can do it" pin-up personified which makes sense when you consider her prior experience. Mannerisms of a classic, lady from the 40's-50's but can kick your ass in the ring.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I've been under the impression that Lacey's gimmick was the "We can do it" pin-up personified which makes sense when you consider her prior experience. Mannerisms of a classic, lady from the 40's-50's but can kick your ass in the ring.

Something like that is fine.

Like it's kinda amusing to watch Lacey Evans walk to the ring the way she does, and then follow it up by absolutley destroying her opponent, and then after the match, do the elegant walk away from the ring.

However all we've seen for the past month +, is the "Elegant Lady walking around".

Get her in the ring, and have her squash Tamina, or Naomi or something. Have her make an impact. No one cares right now​

Reactions: BonMorrison

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Like it's kinda amusing to watch Lacey Evans walk to the ring the way she does, and then follow it up by absolutley destroying her opponent, and then after the match, do the elegant walk away from the ring.

However all we've seen for the past month +, is the "Elegant Lady walking around".

Get her in the ring, and have her squash Tamina, or Naomi or something. Have her make an impact. No one cares right now

We saw her kick ass at the Rumble...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Get her in the ring, and have her squash Tamina, or Naomi or something. Have her make an impact. No one cares right now​
Otis cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad