Monthly News Thread (February 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Not sure where to post this but had an interesting night that I had to share :laugh: Drove 2 hours to Saskatoon for WWE Live yesterday and went to the show. Second time taking my kid to an event the past few months.

Later on at my hotel I see a guy who looks like Elias but I wasn't sure who had ice on his hand. My wife was convinced but I kept saying no. Then we eat and said f*** it let's go back to the lobby. As I get off the elevator I literally (no lie) bump into Reigns. I completely paused and looked at my kid as he jumps and yells "Reigns!!!!" who is his second fav wrestler. He turns around and laughs and I was like can he get a pic with you? So he gets one and then goes into the bar.

I then walk by, as my kid isn't allowed in, and see Mickie James, Matt Hardy, Baylee and Strowman. Come to find out a bunch were all there.

A few mins later Sasha Banks come s out and I asked her and she's just like nope and kept walking. Then Strowman, who is my kids favourite, comes out so I walk behind him and was like Braun can he get a pic with you? So he does and we went up in the elevator with him and my kid wouldn't look at him and he's just like hey bud, I'm not a monster in real life.

We went back to our room and decided to just go chill for a few as he was way too hyper to not let him go see more. Hardy comes out and as he does Sasha is yelling to sit down don't come out. We get a pic but as we do he goes into his "woken" character.

Next up was Anderson and Slater. As he says thanks to Slater and walks away, Slater says hey come here. He's like what's your name? And he says Nicholas and shakes his hand and says nice to meet you Nicholas.

But during all this some girl was in there doing shots with them. After awhile they were yelling at her to get lost and screaming at her as I guess she was touching them and grabbing at them. She comes out so drunk we can't understand her.

All in all, pretty cool to meet a few. It's strange seeing some out of character admittedly :laugh:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Sasha's like that with everyone unless it's a signing with WWE. She gets quite a bit of heat for it from some fans online, that's for sure.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Dolph Ziggler re-signed with WWE and has a sweetheart deal, apparently. He was prepared to leave, two feet out the door, but WWE offered him big money to stick around. Now he can stick around, do the jobs, but doesn't have to stick around at the arena, and can take on outside projects without WWE's permission as long as they don't conflict with his schedule.

- Booker T and Corey Graves admitted it was a work that got blown way out of proportion when outlets started covering it.

Oct 18, 2011
Sasha has a bad reputation she thinks she's bigger than she really is, fact is if more of this happens and gets to the WWE office they'll cut her down to size pretty quick. Especially if you're a BABYFACE and alot of your income is from people buying your shit, lots of people just don't get it, there is a famous story with the Dudleyz about how they don't take pictures or sign autographs, and Vince laughs and goes "You're going to take pictures and sign autographs" and that was the end of that discussion

Reactions: dahrougem2

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sasha has a bad reputation she thinks she's bigger than she really is, fact is if more of this happens and gets to the WWE office they'll cut her down to size pretty quick. Especially if you're a BABYFACE and alot of your income is from people buying your ****, lots of people just don't get it, there is a famous story with the Dudleyz about how they don't take pictures or sign autographs, and Vince laughs and goes "You're going to take pictures and sign autographs" and that was the end of that discussion
Sasha has been very clear about it for a long time. If she's on the road, she is not OK with you coming up to her. She's had stalker issues in the past and gets far more than her fair share of harassment from 'fans'. It's a problem, and she's very much in the right to want to avoid it as best she can.

And there's a massive difference between Bully Ray and Sasha, it shouldn't need pointing out.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
These wrestlers aren't obligated to sign autographs or take pictures but sounded like Sasha was a jerk about it judging from the story. Just politely decline.

I remember AJ Styles being kind of a dick at a TNA show in 2011 when the wrestlers came out to ringside before the show to sign autographs.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
...Then Strowman, who is my kids favourite, comes out so I walk behind him and was like Braun can he get a pic with you? So he does and we went up in the elevator with him and my kid wouldn't look at him and he's just like hey bud, I'm not a monster in real life.

Dammit, Braun. Kayfabe is truly dead. :shakehead

:sarcasm:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
She has been stalked in airports and other places numerious times.

She has a right to be on edge with fans invading her space outside of normal situations.

The mouth breathers who stalk wrestlers at airports are much more to blame for ruining for everyone else who aren’t assholes.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I dont mind Sasha being that way if she wants to, but dont be yelling at Matt telling him not to when hes one of the most friendly superstars lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
if your kid asked her that might’ve been different, not that you would’ve known that in the moment. You probably just have to just say hi and if she talks to you for a second then maybe you can ask her. She’s probably just the toughest to deal with in public, and she’s been open with bad experiences.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColePens

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
She has been stalked in airports and other places numerious times.

She has a right to be on edge with fans invading her space outside of normal situations.

The mouth breathers who stalk wrestlers at airports are much more to blame for ruining for everyone else who aren’t *******s.

Having those experiences does make it understandable to be on edge.

But treating, what appears to be just a nice respectful family like that, is wrong

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Dammit, Braun. Kayfabe is truly dead. :shakehead

:sarcasm:

Haha. Matt was probably the one guy in character during it all. But man watching him walk, Jesus. Not surprised after the bumps early in his career but damn.

As for Sasha, I get it but she was yelling at Matt not to and stopped Baylee as well. But there was a woman harassing the f*** out of them inside the bar. Many were probably annoyed as f***.

Most were actually only taking pics with kids which is understandable. Braun was strict with this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was there a bunch of you there or was it just you?

Having those experiences does make it understandable to be on edge.

But treating, what appears to be just a nice respectful family like that, is wrong

For one, she's been clear about hotels and airports. She knows people are there waiting for her, she did an interview where she knows airlines have responded to strangers asking where their planes are going to land. She's also the only one that talks about it, I don't hear anything about any of the other women either way, good or bad. Bayley probably has wierdos coming up to her all the time wanting to hug her.

And hopefully Matt explains why he did what he did as well. He's 43, has a new lease on life in this business, and he probably doesn't have a lot of people looking for him in a small town. In 12-15 years when they are Matt's age and they aren't as featured they way they are right now, maybe perspective is different.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hold on, you didn't tell us that the Revival jobbed to Heath Slater and Rhyno!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This speculated Ziggler contract has me skeptical. It's not from that great of a source (Has Meltzer confirmed it?), and the whole Ziggler can show up and leave for just his matches seems... too good for an asset that WWE doesn't really value.

Everyone else on the roster needs to be there a certain time before the show, and can't leave until the Main Event is over, yet Dolph of all people is allowed?

King Mapes

Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Hold on, you didn't tell us that the Revival jobbed to Heath Slater and Rhyno!

Haha. Well guess what? :sarcasm:

The way the show ended was dumb. Tag title match. Obviously I know Sheamus and Cesaro will retain but they had Sheamus out cold and Cesaro hit them with a chair. I know titles won't change hands (or very rare) just a dumb way to end it.

I'm actually amazed at how Hardy can wrestle yet doesn't walk that great. Guy looks to be in incredible pain.

I wish Roode was there (it was a RAW house show though). I watched him 20 years ago in local wrestling in Halifax when he was pretty young.

Last edited:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I skipped the event in Calgary, I just can't get excited enough to go see it anymore.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She also does, like, way more appearances than any other woman that I can see, and a lot of them are Cricket meet-and-greets on Mondays, I don't notice hardly anyone else doing those. Bayley's done a few (including tomorrow, and did one with Sasha), I think I've seen Becky do one (maybe a second, but one was also with Sasha) and I'm not sure Charlotte's done any off-hand. I don't know if I've ever seen any of the men promote doing them, if they have, I'm sure there's some. They save most of the men for the Wizard World cons, but the women do those, too.

That doesn't help our folks here who only are ever going to get house shows in towns like Saskatoon, but there can't be many more in the company who delivers on what they ask of her to do outside of live events.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad