Monthly News Thread (February 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
for sure. not having enzo in there and the solution on what to do with the belt was simple and its working.
the CWC tournament was so fun because the guys were tearing the house down and now they're finally letting them wrestle again.

rockstar spud also works on his position.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Apparently Vince wanted to make the show more about personality.

Triple H wanted to make it the same as CWC and more about the Wrestling.

Vince decided to let HHH try and reboot the brand in Mid-January.

It's funny the someone mentioned last week it seemed more like the CWC.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not a surprise. You could tell there were two different philosophies behind the shows pre-Royal Rumble and post-Royal Rumble, one fitting the Vince McMahon idea and the other fitting the Triple H idea. Not a surprise to see which is better.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- There's speculation that the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal will have a bigger spotlight at Wrestlemania this year because of the HBO special on Andre. The idea is that if it does good ratings (the HBO special) it'll open the door for more specials like it on the network.

- The apparent reason Baron Corbin was left off Smackdown was because WWE was worried he'd be the most popular guy on the show to the live audience. He got the biggest pop of the night when he came out for the dark main event.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
((word around ufc is cm punk next fight is expected to be in chicago, june 9th at ufc225 vs Mike Jackson - 0 wins in ufc, lost to Mickey Gal too))

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
lol. Mike Jackson and Mickey Gall initially fought to get the first Punk fight, which Gall won. It'll be pretty funny if Mike Jackson finishes Punk in less than two minutes again.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
There’s speculation that Hideo Itami could be close to finishing up with the WWE.

After his loss to Roderick Strong on the first round of the Cruiserweight Tournament on Tuesday, he tweeted “it’s over”.

Due to the previous speculation he wanted to return to Japan, there’s belief the tweet could be a sign he could be leaving soon.

It’s probably a storyline thing, likely leading to a Itami-Strong feud, but I guess it’s possible. It was weird for Itami to go out in round 1, when I think most saw him as a favorite

Oct 18, 2011
Rollins is one of their top guys, they have to give him something at Wrestlemania, maybe put him in the IC title match as was mentioned?
Honestly I think they significantly set back his career when he returned from his injury and they turned him heel when the fans wanted to cheer him, he has not been over the same way since

Not a surprise. You could tell there were two different philosophies behind the shows pre-Royal Rumble and post-Royal Rumble, one fitting the Vince McMahon idea and the other fitting the Triple H idea. Not a surprise to see which is better.
It's amazing, Vince really is losing touch, Triple H is far more in tuned with the audience or so it seems

Last edited by a moderator:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
- The apparent reason Baron Corbin was left off Smackdown was because WWE was worried he'd be the most popular guy on the show to the live audience. He got the biggest pop of the night when he came out for the dark main event.

I feel like I'm missing something. When did Corbin start getting face pops?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- With Vince focusing on the XFL, Triple H is expected to get more power with WWE and is assembling his own group of guys.

- The key reason to bringing Ronda Rousey in was to turn Stephanie McMahon into a big mainstream star the same way Austin helped turn Vince into one.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Meltzer said there’s a good chance it is an angle because if it were real they wouldn’t be employing Booker...

I think it's a little bit of both. Like I think the animosity is real but I think they're going to try and do some business with it.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The only way that would even be feasible is if Stephanie actually takes a bump on a far more regular basis and then uses it for the women that are going to actually be full time performers for their company.

I have been saying for god damn forever that Stephanie needs to focus on being a heel towards women because being a heel towards men is impossible since there really can't be any type of payoff.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I have been saying for god damn forever that Stephanie needs to focus on being a heel towards women because being a heel towards men is impossible since there really can't be any type of payoff.

She's been a heel towards women plenty of times but only someone like Vickie actually got to go over on her. They had something going for Brie Bella at the time but put herself over. Yeah Brie wasn't going to make much of it because she wasn't very good but she had a good string of popularity that could've ran til the next Mania if they actually made it a long-term thing between her and McMahon instead of the two Bellas.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
She's been a heel towards women plenty of times but only someone like Vickie actually got to go over on her. They had something going for Brie Bella at the time but put herself over. Yeah Brie wasn't going to make much of it because she wasn't very good but she had a good string of popularity that could've ran til the next Mania if they actually made it a long-term thing between her and McMahon instead of the two Bellas.

Yeah she’s been a heel towards women (basically everyone ) but I meant more so working a program with the female side only. I think the Vicki feud worked pretty well and I honestly don’t remember the Bella feud at all for some reason.

Of course it needs to be booked properly but when she feuds with guys there’s just never gonna be a proper payoff. I guess that accidental spear by Reigns? What a god awful match and feud though. Shudder.

Or I thought a good idea is that if she feuds with a male the male actually brings in Rousey as a surprise to kick her ass. I thought that would have been a good storyline. She “emasculates” whoever in the ring and is like what are you gonna do about it? Then bam. Ronda’s music hits and she shows up. I think that would have been a way better first feud setup than just throwing Ronda in the title scene.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah she’s been a heel towards women (basically everyone ) but I meant more so working a program with the female side only. I think the Vicki feud worked pretty well and I honestly don’t remember the Bella feud at all for some reason.

Of course it needs to be booked properly but when she feuds with guys there’s just never gonna be a proper payoff. I guess that accidental spear by Reigns? What a god awful match and feud though. Shudder.

Or I thought a good idea is that if she feuds with a male the male actually brings in Rousey as a surprise to kick her ass. I thought that would have been a good storyline. She “emasculates” whoever in the ring and is like what are you gonna do about it? Then bam. Ronda’s music hits and she shows up. I think that would have been a way better first feud setup than just throwing Ronda in the title scene.

It was the Summerslam feud when Bryan was champion but with the neck injury that forced him to lose the title. Even with Rousey, I have a hard time believing that she'll put her over in any legitimate way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad