Monthly News Thread (February 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Can we just stop posting sports illustrated stuff now? Or at least stuff from that Borasso jackass or whatever his name is (I think he's the only one who writes wrestling stuff for SI anyways). I've been guilty of it before in the past, but with Johnson and Meltzer shutting him down and pretty much saying he's full of ****, why even bother posting his stuff here? Same way we stopped posting stuff from sportskeeda until that dude lost his mind and pretty much faded off on his own.

Anyways...

- Sasha Banks talked about how she's no longer scared to talk to Vince and how he's very easy to talk to and you get the RIGHT answer from him immediately as opposed to asking a creative writer.

Alternatively, Christian once told a story about how creative wanted him to do something and said that's how Vince wanted it even though it was out of character for Christian's character, so Christian went to Vince who said it was stupid and told Christian to do it his way, so Christian re-wrote it himself, handed it to creative who were pretty much "wtf" and Christian told them that was how Vince wanted it.

- Darren Young told a story of how CM Punk reacted when Darren Young came out. After Punk's match with Lesnar, he was iced from head to toe and told Darren to stand up in catering and gave him a hug and told him he was proud of him and if anyone gave him any problems over it, Punk would deal with it. He did that in front of the entire roster in catering. Orton and Show were very supportive of Darren too.

- FOX is making a MAJOR push to acquire WWE TV rights. Raw would air on the main network and Smackdown on FS1, in case you had any hope of Smackdown being better than Raw again if FOX acquired the rights. Raw's potential audience boost would be big as it'd be the first time in their history they'd be on one of the four major networks in prime time. Both, UFC and WWE are seeking $400-million for TV rights, and a source says FOX would give that money to WWE and let UFC walk.

- Braun Strowman appears to be WWE's backup plan to face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania in case the steroid ring scandal blows up and there is damning evidence implicating Roman Reigns, which, the distributor says is coming soon. Jon Bravo, the filmmaker on this, says his case on WWE is complete and implicates former and current WWE superstars. Roman Reigns has publicly said he has no idea who Richard Rodriguez (the distributor in jail) is.

If you're getting Big Fox you might as well just end the brand split and put anybody worth a damn on there. Re-brand Smackdown as something of a novelty show. FS1, as a sports network, should be a better spot than USA long-term.

Richard Rodriguez claimed he was going to produce this last week, mind you.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
How long would Raw be if it aired every week prime time on Fox? There's no way they get 3 hours. Even 2 hours would be a longshot.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Fox affiliates in the US run a 10pm news show (as opposed to the standard 11pm), so not only are you talking about 8-10, but you're also giving up the overrun, most likely. Maybe Smackdown on FS1 would then get one.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Fox affiliates in the US run a 10pm news show (as opposed to the standard 11pm), so not only are you talking about 8-10, but you're also giving up the overrun, most likely. Maybe Smackdown on FS1 would then get one.
I feel like WWE would try really, really hard to negotiate the overrun in there, even if it's just a hard 7-10 minutes max, not the free reign they get nowadays where they can go anywhere from 4-15 minutes.

I'm not sure FOX would budge, but it'll be interesting to see. Would be pretty jarring eventually seeing Raw sign off at the top of the hour every week.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just don’t see Fox budging, and the big reason is it isn’t entirely their decision.

All the local affiliates that run local news at 10 PM have to agree, or they will just cut to news, overrun or not.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like WWE would try really, really hard to negotiate the overrun in there, even if it's just a hard 7-10 minutes max, not the free reign they get nowadays where they can go anywhere from 4-15 minutes.

I'm not sure FOX would budge, but it'll be interesting to see. Would be pretty jarring eventually seeing Raw sign off at the top of the hour every week.

The news is the most important show on any network. It can be delayed for a football or playoff baseball game, but every single week for Raw, I’d bet against it.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
So apparently Sunny got two more DUI's before she was thrown in jail this week. One on January 23rd (her 4th) and another on February 2nd (her 5th) as well as leaving the scene of the accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad