Monthly News Thread (February 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Wyatt is apparently not paying spousal or child support and is instead buying JoJo expensive gifts.

- Lesnar does not appear on Summerslam tickets leading to speculation that Lesnar is going to be finishing up with WWE after Wrestlemania.

- There's conflicting speculation on a post-WM program between Reigns/Rollins and who would be heel and who would be the face in the program. Ambrose was originally set for the spot.

- The reason WWE is cutting PPVs and going back to dual-branded PPVs is that they quickly realized the amount of PPVs did not increase network numbers, thus they were spending more money without making any new money from new subscribers. For top talent, the pay difference won't be much, but for non-top talent, they'll see their pay take a hit. For lower-card guys who may not have been on brand exclusive PPVs 8-10x a year and not may not make the shows at all, they'll see the biggest hit. The top of the card guys will have most of the spots on the card and most matches will be championship matches, leading to speculation that we'll see a lot more multi-man matches too.

Oct 18, 2011
They pay Ziggler all that money to just be a mid carder, it's easy to see how he would get complacent, when for so many years he busted his ass and they'd never go with him.

Reactions: dahrougem2

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
$14k did seem crazy to me but I guess he makes a large sum that made them come to that amount in court. Even then, it’s still an obscene amount. That’s six figures of just support.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Bam bam is cool, but seriously the lack of Vader is annoying at this point.

I agree that Vader should be in the HOF, and will inevitably be at some point. But I always thought that Bam Bam was one of the most underrated big men of all time, and a better worker than Vader. Every opponent has said that Vader would potato the shit out of them and was stiff af because he didn't know any better. Bam Bam was the complete opposite, and still worked a physical match with whoever. The Beast of The East deserves to go in before him imo.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Kid Rock? Seriously?
I’m fine with Bam bam Bigelow, one of the best big man in the business.

But seriously, KID f***ING ROCK!?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- While there's some rumours of Rollins being built up to be Roman's post-WM program, there's also talk of Seth Rollins being built up to be established as THE guy post-Wrestlemania and being moved to Smackdown to lead the show as part of the 2018 roster shakeup. In exchange, AJ Styles, who's considered to have done everything there is to do on Smackdown over the past two years, would be moving to Raw. AJ Styles was rumored to move to Raw during the 2017 shakeup, but it ended up being Bray Wyatt.

I think Nakamura going over Styles at Wrestlemania and then Styles moving on would be perfect. Rollins vs. Nakamura would be sick.

I'd also hope Ambrose moved back to Smackdown but I doubt it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AJ to Raw makes sense.

Hopefully Naka and AJ have a good 30 minutes to put on a 5 star match with Naka winning.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Dave said the steroid scandal Roman is tied up in sounds pretty convincing, much more than a few weeks ago, however it's likely that the Roman ties only go up to June 2016, which ties in to when Roman Reigns was suspended. That said, Roman has also claimed to not know the guy and he would be caught lying if it's proved he was a part of the scandal.

John Bravo (the distributor) claims 15-20 talents in WWE have bought steroids from him, with one talent in particular (not Roman) spending $150,000 - $200,000 a year on steroids.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
- Dave said the steroid scandal Roman is tied up in sounds pretty convincing, much more than a few weeks ago, however it's likely that the Roman ties only go up to June 2016, which ties in to when Roman Reigns was suspended. That said, Roman has also claimed to not know the guy and he would be caught lying if it's proved he was a part of the scandal.

John Bravo (the distributor) claims 15-20 talents in WWE have bought steroids from him, with one talent in particular (not Roman) spending $150,000 - $200,000 a year on steroids.

Does anyone else find WWE's drug policy a little bit hypocritical when both Vince and Triple H themselves are gassed to the gills on HGH?

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Does anyone else find WWE's drug policy a little bit hypocritical when both Vince and Triple H themselves are gassed to the gills on HGH?
I’ve read it. It’s worded as such that one who isn’t a full-time star or on the road can end up juicing. So, part-time talent and injured talent who aren’t traveling can do as they please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille