Monthly News Thread (December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
- Cody Rhodes said he won’t be at the ROH/NJPW supershow during WrestleMania weekend because he feels like people are there to see the WWE, and after doing that weekend with the WWE and two more with ROH, he feels it’s better to leave that weekend to the WWE.

He said if the show was a different weekend, he may have decided to work it.

- Cody also said that some people at ROH are comfortable being in their bubble and think he’s insane for attempting the things he dreams of, such as All In. Cody said he created a 40% Net Gross Income Increase this year for ROH. Cody specifically named Jay Lethal as someone who is afraid of his own success

Was this a podcast or?

Just interested in the source (I'd like to read/listen)

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Meltzer believes that Rollins is playing himself out of the spot to face Brock Lesnar in the very near future.

I believe it was just him speculating. He talked about how Seth was being groomed for the match and how it was possible for Wrestlemania but with the latest storyline and match with Dean, he thinks he’s playing himself out of the match.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Meltzer believes that Rollins is playing himself out of the spot to face Brock Lesnar in the very near future.

I believe it was just him speculating. He talked about how Seth was being groomed for the match and how it was possible for Wrestlemania but with the latest storyline and match with Dean, he thinks he’s playing himself out of the match.

Really? How is that Seth's (or Dean's) fault? They are not the ones who wrote the shitty segments and shitty promos!

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

This is why I have a feeling it’ll be McIntyre

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

So the storyline and match that Vince booked...is Seth playing himself out of the match?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Honestly, I think Ambrose is pretty overrated as an in ring performer. Can't think of a singles match he's had that's really had me hooked.

I used to hate how he ran the ropes, with that goofy middle-rope bounce, and he couldn't throw a punch to save his life. :laugh:

I do like his character though.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
The match was not that bad. It wasn’t anywhere near as good as the match before it or after, that’s all.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Honestly, I think Ambrose is pretty overrated as an in ring performer. Can't think of a singles match he's had that's really had me hooked.
Imagine me saying Ambrose bores me to tears now. Me of all people.

WWE has killed the dude. He doesn’t help with his in-ring performances either, though.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I haven't seen him do the rebound clothesline since he returned. So...that's a positive.

Fortunately he did enough before his injury to last a lifetime.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Don't remember a thing about them outside of being annoyed.

So...they can't have been that good.
Their Backlash and TLC matches were legit MOTYC imo. More so Backlash cause no Ellsworth f***ery.

Ambrose is a weird worker. I think he goes through phases of laziness or just being ultra old school. He’s had great matches with Seth, AJ and Triple H, but then there’s a lot that’s either really forgettable or straight up bad. He’s too inconsistent.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The HHH match is the last one I really liked from him, but I like HHH's matches he's been having and have never liked Ambrose. So I'm willing to give Ambrose none of the credit lol.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The match was not that bad. It wasn’t anywhere near as good as the match before it or after, that’s all.

That match was bad for the simple fact that it was produced as if they were building to have a wrestling match when these two are built well beyond having a wrestling match. This match should've been something similar to any Sami Zayn/Kevin Owens match. When people watch a Rollins/Ambrose match, they rightfully expect such a match. The finish fit perfectly for the story but everything leading up to that point totally missed the mark. From a technical perspective, they didn't work a bad match in execution of what was laid out. The entire problem was whoever laid that out didn't lay it out for the purposes of incorporating what the feud has been and where it needed to go outside of the finish. I have a hard time laying the match layout at Vince's feet. He generally isn't involved in match layouts beyond the finish to the match. I put that on the two guys in the ring and whoever produced it. But all the crap leading up to it from a story perspective and all the promos and Bane looking people is totally on Vince and completely out of touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad