Monthly News Thread (December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Jacobs is not wrong though. 3 hours is draining. For the audience and creative trying to keep everyone engaged. Vince doesn't care because more hours mean more money. His whole attitude is to sacrifice quality for cash. But imagine if someone told JJ Abrams or Joss Whedon "You're show is so great we want every episode to be two hours and run every week". No creative person would want that. On top of doing it in front of a live audience who will **** on it at a moments notice or worse, go silent and file for the exits.

And those guys would immediately see how watered down it would get with over-exposure. Long term thinking >>>> taking in every dime short term.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Luckily, Fox only needs to worry about a two hour Smackdown show. The quality of the content shouldn't be a problem there. It's just whether or not the WWE actually does more to listen to their audience and push who they like. I think they can get to three mil on Smackdown moving to Fox if they become a lot more receptive to their fans' views of where the product should be going.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
3 hour RAWs are an issue IMO. To me there should be 3 main shows. A 2 hour RAW, a 2 Hour Smackdown and an hour show each week that features RAW wrestlers/storylines 1 week and Smackdown the next week.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nick Miller of TM61 was released today.

Jonah Rock signed with NXT, and is expected to replace Miller with Thorne in the team when he debuts in January

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Nick Miller of TM61 was released today.

Jonah Rock signed with NXT, and is expected to replace Miller with Thorne in the team when he debuts in January
The Daily Update notes that Miller has moved home after the birth of his son, and has the option to return later.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
According to Alvarez, WWE has a plan to get the ratings back in January.

Vince McMahon has something big planned to get WWE ratings up next month | Wrestling News

Could be The Rock, could just be the Rumble, could be something else. I've got no opposition to the former, especially since it would be for not-Roman, but hopefully it's something more long-term.

Edit: To clarify for those not reading the link (I mean, who does), the stuff after is purely my speculation.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Vince McMahon has something big planned to get WWE ratings up next month | Wrestling News

Could be The Rock, could just be the Rumble, could be something else. I've got no opposition to the former, especially since it would be for not-Roman, but hopefully it's something more long-term.

Edit: To clarify for those not reading the link (I mean, who does), the stuff after is purely my speculation.

This is a click bait site just taking Alvarez's very passing analysis and trying to make a story of it. All Bryan said was that they may think because it's Mania season it will turn around naturally.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
PWInsider reports that Indy Star Penelope Ford is set for the #WWE tryout:

"It's an optical illusion... It's the pattern on the pants."

On a more serious note, 3 hours would be a hell of a lot easier to write if you didn't micromanage the script and write guys promos out word for word. It's only hard because they make it hard, and that's nobody's fault but their own.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- Cody Rhodes said he won’t be at the ROH/NJPW supershow during WrestleMania weekend because he feels like people are there to see the WWE, and after doing that weekend with the WWE and two more with ROH, he feels it’s better to leave that weekend to the WWE.

He said if the show was a different weekend, he may have decided to work it.

- Cody also said that some people at ROH are comfortable being in their bubble and think he’s insane for attempting the things he dreams of, such as All In. Cody said he created a 40% Net Gross Income Increase this year for ROH. Cody specifically named Jay Lethal as someone who is afraid of his own success

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
- Cody Rhodes said he won’t be at the ROH/NJPW supershow during WrestleMania weekend because he feels like people are there to see the WWE, and after doing that weekend with the WWE and two more with ROH, he feels it’s better to leave that weekend to the WWE.

He said if the show was a different weekend, he may have decided to work it.

- Cody also said that some people at ROH are comfortable being in their bubble and think he’s insane for attempting the things he dreams of, such as All In. Cody said he created a 40% Net Gross Income Increase this year for ROH. Cody specifically named Jay Lethal as someone who is afraid of his own success
Sounds like he's full of shit about Wrestlemania weekend. I mean, that's like, not a secret anymore that people do that weekend and never look WWE's way

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

He just won't learn. The best way to get ratings back up is a GRADUAL climb with consistent solid writing and good programming. Bringing back Cena for 2-3 months or The Rock or whomever isn't going to cut it.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
January is rumble season anyways so of course there will be a bump lol. But this sounds like a dumb site spinning a theory of Alvarez’s.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Does he have to tell shareholders Hunter would take over full time creatively? I’m not sure of that as long as Vince stuck to the business side of things and stopped travelling to TV.

It’d never happen, but just hypothetically.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Vince will appear on Monday's Raw to "Shake things up."

Hopefully he doesn't shake things up so hard that folks... Piss themselves.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Vince will appear on Monday's Raw to "Shake things up."

Hopefully he doesn't shake things up so hard that folks... Piss themselves.
giphy.gif

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Does he have to tell shareholders Hunter would take over full time creatively? I’m not sure of that as long as Vince stuck to the business side of things and stopped travelling to TV.

It’d never happen, but just hypothetically.
Stepping down creatively isn't something he'd announce on live TV.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Byran cut this cool promo last night before TLC....
he wants a new strap to replace the leather on the belt (starts around 21:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->