Monthly News Thread (December 2018)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Is that better or worse than Ronda squashing Becky?
I don't think Ronda would squash Becky, I think that would be a damn good match and i can even (DREAM) of Becky going over.

I like triple threats at times, but not here. This is Becky's and Ronda's feud.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's quite obvious. It's Becky & Ronda going back and forth while Charlotte basically chimes in with "what about me, guys?!"

Perhaps on Twitter.

I don't think anyone cares about what happens on Twitter. It doesn't matter. They don't shows people tweets on WWETV anymore. Heck, the WWE's prime audience (kids) don't even have twitter.

On WWETV though? All three of them have been battling each other. The natural end of it, for now, is for a Triple Threat. I'd have Becky win, by pinning Charlotte, so Becky moves to RAW with the title, and can face Ronda at MITB or SummerSlam still.

It's the natural progression of the story. WWE is actually doing this well.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Seeing as how Vince continues to keep the name "Bullet Club" off WWE TV, I suppose it's only a matter of time before Gallows/Anderson head back to Japan.

Unless.....WWE finally relents and the club (the REAL club) starts up on Raw? :dunno:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
- I think @M.C.G. 31 said this somewhere, Finn Balor is expected to receive another push on RAW. No word what that includes, but Meltzer says it might include one of the top matches at Mania

- Aleister Black was on the call up list with Lars and EC3 for several months. There was previous speculation that his callup was/is due around the Rumble or even in the Rumble, but Meltzer says there’s no word on if the callup delayed or cancelled.

- Triple H has reportedly spoken up and how top NXT callups need to succeed at the Main Roster level because if not, it makes NXT look bad. Apparently Lars Sullivan is going to be given every chance to succeed due to this.

- Not sure where this is from, but apparently Cody Rhodes and the Young Buck each declined 7 figure per year contracts.

Oct 18, 2011
The silver lining is it guarantees barring injury Becky will be in it. Because if you thought the Mania crowd **** on Lesnar/Reigns, wait’ll they get a hold of Charlotte vs Ronda straight up, herstory be damned....
Why would Charlotte get heat from the fans? She deserves to be where she is. I haven't really been watching but it seems like Sasha and Bayley are being left behind. Part of that is bad writing from what I remember but their both characters without substance.

Like I don't know why Sasha is the "boss" I don't know why Bayley is always happy..guess that goes back to character development

Can you guys tell me how Becky has separated herself?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Why would Charlotte get heat from the fans? She deserves to be where she is. I haven't really been watching but it seems like Sasha and Bayley are being left behind. Part of that is bad writing from what I remember but their both characters without substance.

Like I don't know why Sasha is the "boss" I don't know why Bayley is always happy..guess that goes back to character development

Can you guys tell me how Becky has separated herself?

Becky has always been cheered. She's always gotten the best reactions at house shows no matter how midcard she was booked. Even when they had little for her to do, her segments were funny. She did a lot of stuff on WWE.com that was great. They built her up in the summer, put her on a winning streak, and people were ready to see her win the title from Carmella. Then Charlotte stepped in and they tried to make her a heel, but people weren't buying it because they wanted her to be the champ the whole time. She totally changed her character. She went from having a 24/7 smile to scowling. She owns that character of being someone who's been given short shrift and has had enough. People identify with her because they truly believe she deserves the top spot. For awhile she tried to be full blown heel, by not posting pictures with the fans or anything on Twitter like she used to, but it's too obvious to ignore now. People love her.

Compare that with Charlotte, who despite being a great wrestler is stale and overpushed. Her entire act seems forced and she especially doesn't connect as a babyface. But no matter what, WWE has pushed her as a face of the company because that's just how they want it to be. You know, people used to say "Well, Daniel Bryan isn't over, it's his chant that's over". Well, I happen to think "Wooooo!" is over, not Charlotte Flair.

I mean, I don't know what else to tell you if you haven't been watching. Becky is the most over woman in the company before the machine started to get behind her (and I argue they still aren't behind her as much as they should be) and she is the person fans want most in that match. She's earned it. It would be a huge disappointment if she's not there. There's a whole damn thread about her here which I think about three or four other wrestlers have ever gotten. Her fan meet and greet at the Rumble sold out in four minutes. No one else man or woman sold out even after a day. She's over.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Monday: "No more automatic rematch clause! Everyone needs to earn their next shot!"

Thursday: "Becky Lynch will get her automatic rematch at the Royal Rumble!"

Reactions: ColePens

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Monday: "No more automatic rematch clause! Everyone needs to earn their next shot!"

Hardly a surprise that WWE shoots themselves in the foot like that.

Remember when Vince "fired" John Cena and he showed up the following week? Or when Kevin Owens helped Braun Strowman the day after they had a PPV fight?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Continuity. That's all I ever want in wrestling. I just want stories that make sense and are not embarrassing. If you tell me no more rematch clauses, then I even want my favorite to have the same issue.

Drives me insane.

Reactions: Fro

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Remember when around last WrestleMania it was rumoured Sheamus needed to retire.

Guess that was never an actual thing lol.

I learned today that Sheamus just needs to win the IC belt to become a Grand Slam Champion, and I would like to see him do it.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
No he didn't that was his illegitimate twin brother Juan Cena.

Darren Young? :sarcasm:

Remember when around last WrestleMania it was rumoured Sheamus needed to retire.

I learned today that Sheamus just needs to win the IC belt to become a Grand Slam Champion, and I would like to see him do it.

He'd have to drop the tag belts first, IMO. They're not going to have him chase Ambrose on a different show while he's still linked to Cesaro.

Reactions: iamjs

Hypernova

Apr 20, 2007
Boston, MA
www.worldwrasslinpodcast.com
Hardly a surprise that WWE shoots themselves in the foot like that.

Remember when Vince "fired" John Cena and he showed up the following week? Or when Kevin Owens helped Braun Strowman the day after they had a PPV fight?

For KO it was even worse, he actually quit the day after the PPV fight with Braun and then the next week he came out randomly and helped Braun out. That was the point for me when I was like, i dont need to watch this horrible show anymore. So many better shows I could be watching.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

Sheamus's neck problems are a thing, and they actively protect and limit him (especially on house shows). It's something you can proactively look after, but it's always going to get worse.

The retirement stuff was all speculation when the news first broke. It was unknown how bad his neck was, but it is early enough to not force him to retire right away like it has done with others.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
For KO it was even worse, he actually quit the day after the PPV fight with Braun and then the next week he came out randomly and helped Braun out. That was the point for me when I was like, i dont need to watch this horrible show anymore. So many better shows I could be watching.

Ah, yep, that's what it was.

#VinceLogic :laugh:

Reactions: Hypernova

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

It sounded like it was more an exceptional case for the AOP considering the way they got their match and how Corbin was favouring them.

guess that means Becky won't be in the Royal Rumble match unless she loses the rematch, steals Charlotte's spot, wins and we get the triple threat that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad