Monthly News Thread (August/2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
correct me if im wrong cuz i dont order ppvs huhuh. but looks like PG era is dead. (unless thats what they do with every PPV?)

tv14.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Kofi revealed that it was Woods, E and his idea to include the racial undertones in the Bryan/Kofi angle leading to WM, and that he was told two weeks after Elimination Chamber that he was replacing KO in the WM Title match and would win the title.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
If I don't see Alexa barking like a dog in her underwear for Vince, Baron Corbin dressed as Bray Wyatt having relations with a corpse, and Rollins/Bork doing a JBL/Eddie Guerrero level blade job, I'm gonna call fake news...

Oh, and Maria better give birth to a hand.
Ahhh memories

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
Amen. I think WWE has the most talented roster ever. Beyond any era. Their usage of this talent is the worst ever. Beyond any era.

Showing my age here. I believe the most talented roster ever had to be 1992 just going by what those wrestlers accomplished in the WWE/WWF and in the old territories. Just look at the talent at the 92 Rumble: Flair, Hogan, Savage, DiBiase, Roberts, young Taker and Michaels, Kerry Von Erich, Bret Hart, Piper, Road Warriors, Tito Santana, and I’m probably forgetting some others. Even WCW had a talented group: Sting, Vader, Rude, Arn Anderson, Foley, Austin, Simmons, Dustin Rhodes, Pillman and Hall.

While the wrestlers today are mostly talented, they lack in other areas that only comes with experience. I’m of the opinion that it takes a wrestler, with the exception of a few, 5-7 years to fully develop, if not longer. The wrestlers in the paragraph above all had the advantage of working different territories honing their wrestling, promo skills and, most importantly, psychology. That psychology, telling a story during the match, looking at the crowd at just the right moment, the way a wrestler sold, has become a lost art.

Oct 18, 2011
97-98 WWF was loaded too
Austin, Rock, Bret, HBK, Taker, Kane, Owen, HHH, Shamrock, Foley...I'm sure I'm missing a few but absolutely stacked on the upper half of the card

Reactions: Normand Lacombe
Oct 18, 2011
If you gave Shamrock Paul Heyman in 97 he would have been in the Brock Lesnar spot. Most believable guy in wrestling at the time just needed a mouth piece

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
97-98 WWF was loaded too
Austin, Rock, Bret, HBK, Taker, Kane, Owen, HHH, Shamrock, Foley...I'm sure I'm missing a few but absolutely stacked on the upper half of the card

Hell I'll throw out there that early 2000's WWE was probably more stacked after most of the top WCW talent came over. It was most of the same guys that you mentioned, but they also had Tajiri, Benoit, Jericho, Mysterio, Guerrero, Orton, Lesnar, Angle, RVD, ect ect ect... although maybe not all at the same time.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
That's not even mentioning the guys that WWE never did that much with/wasted in that time period because they were so stacked...Ultimo Dragon, Dean Malenko, Goldberg, Raven...The consolidation of wrestling talent at that level will probably never happen again.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
WWE will begin filming promos for their SmackDown on Fox premiere soon, according to PWInsider.
Apparently both RAW and SmackDown Superstars will be used.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
WWE will begin filming promos for their SmackDown on Fox premiere soon, according to PWInsider.
Apparently both RAW and SmackDown Superstars will be used.

FOX sports Latino(?) already has NXT, SD and RAW so....... MAYBE they use some of that for them only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad