Monthly News Thread (August/2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I lol'ed at, "WWE believes they have a talent advantage over AEW."

... Talent has never been the issue. It's the idiots that don't know how to book the talent.
Amen. I think WWE has the most talented roster ever. Beyond any era. Their usage of this talent is the worst ever. Beyond any era.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Amen. I think WWE has the most talented roster ever. Beyond any era. Their usage of this talent is the worst ever. Beyond any era.

Dunno that I'd say ever, but certainly the best they've had in 15 years.

Roman, Bray, Seth, Braun, Drew, Joe and AJ could all be solid, consistent main even talent with the right booking.

But I don't see how that adds up to beating the era when SCSA, The Rock, Undertaker, Kane, Triple H, Kurt Angle, and Jericho made up the main event, AND the middle card featured Edge and Christian and the Hardy's as tag teams, with guys like Guerrero and Benoit on singles.

Excepting Matt Hardy, Christian, and Benoit, any of those guys would be a Top 3 star on today's roster. Granted, that may be due to them being booked at a better time, but there's still a stark difference in talent.

EDIT: And then if you consider shifting forward from the late 90s into 2002 you had ALL of those guys listed above, PLUS WCW talent like Booker T, DDP, Hall, Nash and Hogan, PLUS a returning Michaels, AND a rookie class of Cena, Brock, Batista, and Orton.

Last edited:

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Dunno that I'd say ever, but certainly the best they've had in 15 years.

Roman, Bray, Seth, Braun, Drew, Joe and AJ could all be solid, consistent main even talent with the right booking.

But I don't see how that adds up to beating the era when SCSA, The Rock, Undertaker, Kane, Triple H, Kurt Angle, and Jericho made up the main event, AND the middle card featured Edge and Christian and the Hardy's as tag teams, with guys like Guerrero and Benoit on singles.

Excepting Matt Hardy, Christian, and Benoit, any of those guys would be a Top 3 star on today's roster. Granted, that may be due to them being booked at a better time, but there's still a stark difference in talent.

EDIT: And then if you consider shifting forward from the late 90s into 02/03, you had ALL of those guys listed above, PLUS WCW talent like Booker T, DDP, Hall, Nash and Hogan, PLUS a returning Michaels, AND a rookie class of Cena, Brock, Batista, and Orton.
tbh there is no question in my mind Benoit & Christian would be Top 3 stars today.
I'd easily take prime Christian & Benoit over anybody on today's roster save for Bryan and Styles.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
i dont think Braun was on anyones head when they were talking about the best roster ever.

Braun was a solid talent before they switched him twice in a month and cut his already battered legs out from under him.

Arguing that Braun couldn't be a main eventer would be like arguing that Goldberg wasn't a top star in WCW. Neither are particularly good at wrestling or even cutting a promo, but they can believably beat the f*** out of 90% of the roster, so they don't really need to say or do much. Brock is similar, though obviously way more talented on the wrestling side.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Roman Reigns is in Edmonton for the Redblacks-Eskimos game tonight. He played for the Esks in 2008.

1bQF7t1.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
In-ring wise this is the best they’ve had.

Star wise, it was the Attitude Era.

Hell, with no biases, 2004-2005 Christian is top tier if he’s put into this era.

Oct 18, 2011
Maybe in terms of talent in the ring but none of these guys are transcendent or even close to that

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
WWE has a very talented roster but it's more due to depth than due to top end talent. In some ways WWE's presentation style limits what people can do, but most of the top wrestlers haven't shown that there is a lot more to give to this point.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
we're at a time that we know what those wrestlers could do before signing.
its not like we had to trade tapes.
so its obvious we know how good they are. but yeah. they simply dont let them do their thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad