Monday Night Raw #185

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Sasha Banks and Bayley are fictional characters on a wrestling television show.

Scissor me timbers.

In an era where the company openly acknowledges superstars' real lives, we're going to do a lesbian angle between a girl who's married to a man and a girl who's engaged to a man. As if this feud couldn't get dumber, well done, WWE.

Reactions: Fro

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Again, Sasha Banks and Bayley are fictional characters on a wrestling television show. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable watching Total Divas/Bellas/Miz, where the attempt is made to capture wrestlers' real life personalities & sexualities? {No judgement on my part.}

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Again, Sasha Banks and Bayley are fictional characters on a wrestling television show. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable watching Total Divas/Bellas/Miz, where the attempt is made to capture wrestlers' real life personalities & sexualities? {No judgement on my part.}

It's a very simple concept, if you're going to expose the reality of everybody's characters on your own network, and sometimes even on the main shows, don't do see-through, BS angles.

Or alternatively, if you want to do those angles, don't expose the reality of your own characters.

Or hell, maybe just use somebody who's actually a lesbian.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I kinda agree with Wings, WWE is trying to have its cake and eat it too. They try to play up the realism and blur the lines between reality and wrestling, but then they go off the wall. Jason Jordan as Angle's son...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Thing is, if they were smart and made Chad Gable, Kurt’s son, than it probably would have worked great because they kinda look the same.

Plus you could of had Gable shave his head, and wear Kurt’s old singlets like the Team Angle and the US Flag one and what not.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I kinda agree with Wings, WWE is trying to have its cake and eat it too. They try to play up the realism and blur the lines between reality and wrestling, but then they go off the wall. Jason Jordan as Angle's son...

So on a fictitious show where Jason Jordan is Kurt Angle's son and Braun Strowman turns over an ambulance... only real life, Twitter-verified lesbians can have on screen relationships with other women on the show? Why?!?

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
So on a fictitious show where Jason Jordan is Kurt Angle's son and Braun Strowman turns over an ambulance... only real life, Twitter-verified lesbians can have on screen relationships with other women on the show? Why?!?

I think Wings put it perfectly, the angle is see-through BS.

I mean I get what you're saying, its an entertainment show, characters, etc. You can do anything you want with the character but it's just setup for complete failure because as he put it, it is see-through BS. It's what happens when you try to add "reality" into a scripted fictitious television show. This is what happens when kayfabe "is dead."

The WWE can go ahead and do it, but it will fail. If it doesn't I will eat my hat.

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Thing is, if they were smart and made Chad Gable, Kurt’s son, than it probably would have worked great because they kinda look the same.

Plus you could of had Gable shave his head, and wear Kurt’s old singlets like the Team Angle and the US Flag one and what not.
ana

If only they would have had JJ created in a lab using Angle's stolen DNA and rolled him out as the evil anti-angle who comes out to Angle's music played in reverse with fans chanting "You Rock" and we find out it was a plot between Paul Heyman and the Undertaker setting up a tag team match between Brock with Angle and Undertaker with JJ .

Reactions: tonyhawks77

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
If they did the HL angle between Bayley and Sasha, they need to get it to the point of a HL wedding officiated by Eric Bishoff in heavy mackup as an old preacher. Then halfway through he rolls his eyes rips off his makeup and declares this whole angle has gone on about 3 minutes too long.

]

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

Jordan being Angle's son is probably one of the more mocked angles WWE has had in this decade...

Strowman turning over an ambulance can be criticized more from a standpoint of how poorly they produced it... Kinda like the KO bump they just did where they continuously repeated showing the angle that exposes the bouncy castle under the table. We all know they're protected, but for Christ's sake don't blatantly show the cushion repetitively.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
If they did the HL angle between Bayley and Sasha, they need to get it to the point of a HL wedding officiated by Eric Bishoff in heavy mackup as an old preacher. Then halfway through he rolls his eyes rips off his makeup and declares this whole angle has gone on about 3 minutes too long.

]

Sadly, both members of 3 Minute Warning are dead.

Maybe AOP could resurrect the gimmick since the uncreative team can't come up with anything for them.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
We may disagree as to whether or not this is a good idea/angle, but I like where your creative minds are going. If this isn't epically good, which I honestly believe it can be if done right, I want it to be epically bad.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
there has always been real and ridiculous segments in wrestling, that is part of the fun

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
there has always been real and ridiculous segments in wrestling, that is part of the fun

Meeeh, the more kayfabe dies the less you can do certain storylines and angles like this that work, just my opinion.

If they go ahead with this storyline, its going to be awful, I have no doubt about it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Meeeh, the more kayfabe dies the less you can do certain storylines and angles like this that work, just my opinion.

If they go ahead with this storyline, its going to be awful, I have no doubt about it.
In the case of a lesbian angle with Sasha and Bailey, I agree. But, some ridiculous gimmicks still work, like Dana Brooke being the statistician for Titus Worldwide, Demon Balor (if they ever bring it back) or Rusev Day. All are ridiculous for one reason or another, it's all about having fun with it.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
ana

If only they would have had JJ created in a lab using Angle's stolen DNA and rolled him out as the evil anti-angle who comes out to Angle's music played in reverse with fans chanting "You Rock" and we find out it was a plot between Paul Heyman and the Undertaker setting up a tag team match between Brock with Angle and Undertaker with JJ .

Mr. Russo, it is time to take your meds.

Reactions: GKJ

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Man, you guys are sounding like the total stereotype of weird wrestling fans who don't hang around girls enough.

Bestie girl friends say they love one another all the time. And they mean it, but not in a lesbian way. I didn't take anything the other night as being that.

Reactions: Hypernova

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Man, you guys are sounding like the total stereotype of weird wrestling fans who don't hang around girls enough.

Bestie girl friends say they love one another all the time. And they mean it, but not in a lesbian way. I didn't take anything the other night as being that.

Given the context of the situation, including Sasha's reluctance to open up about her feelings, I'd say you're wrong here. Add to that most of the publications that write about wrestling, including Forbes in this case, interpreted the scene as most likely being a relationship angle. Your move.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005

Yeah, but that doesn't sell tickets, and who cares if they go through all of this just to suddenly go back to merely being friends? However underlying sexual tension, flirtatious, tensions, unsure moments of are they or aren't they. Followed by Sasha "Accidentally walking in on Bayley in the shower, with the hint of a steamy make out session on a ppv during a tag match between Banks and Bayley taking on Bliss and Jax when Banks and Bayley start wrestling tentatively where there are lots of rest holds where they stare longingly at each other. The fans chewing their nails "Will they or won't they" the unrelenting wrestling nerds scream from the audience. Then the big moment comes, they win the match and go for the hug and assumed kiss, then Bayley gets a nasty look in her eyes and Bayley to belly's Sasha through the announce table and screams "Are you kidding me? I'm straight in real life and you're just skanky and gross and Mickey James is hooter then you. . . and on top of it you're a bad friend, and band camp doesn't count"

The weird wrestling fans are the majority that buy tickets, buy merchandise and follow these wrestlers to autograph sessions while buying them a bunch of unsolicited gifts. If the WWE did a study and found that Bayley and Sasha wrestling in a bath tub full of jello would generate more money then controversy they be buying the jello powder by the sack full.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

any other time I would agree but Vince McMahon is the wildcard here

He wanted to put Ellsworth in a sex-change angle ffs

Last edited:
Reactions: Hypernova

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Yeah exhibit A above.....sheesh

What are you even talking about? The conversation here has been centered around:

1) People who think the angle will bad due to lack of authenticity and/or WWE's past attempts;
2) People who think the angle could be good and tastefully done (i.e. a regular female-female relationship that doesn't exist solely for HLA);
3) Hyperbole, tongue in cheek comments about this devolving into HLA.

As a person with several lesbian friends (one of whom is going to a wrestling show with me and my gf tonight) and who has already endured several lifetime's worth of wrestling angle-related cringe, my main interest in this angle is in WWE's ability to portray a modern, non-stereotype/fantasy relationship between two women. Too much to ask? Probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad