Monday Night Raw #185

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2017
No, they've been talking about LGBT-inclusive storylines.

Which is fine to do, they should so it, but they better do it right and very tastefully.
How about after the B Team’s next win, as they’re rolling around the mat celebrating, they stop, their eyes meet, and boom. That’ll do it.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No, they've been talking about LGBT-inclusive storylines.

Which is fine to do, they should so it, but they better do it right and very tastefully.
I don't see the need for any LGBT-inclusive storylines, it's not like they have any storylines about straight romance either. The only mentions of couples on WWE is real life couples where both are with WWE.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Huh? Every relationship ever on WWE TV has been a straight romance.
When was the last time they had a kayfabe romance? I have been watching again for a couple years and haven't seen any. I am talking recent history, not from the beginning of time.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
When was the last time they had a kayfabe romance? I have been watching again for a couple years and haven't seen any. I am talking recent history, not from the beginning of time.

Not sure if it was the last one but off the top of my head, AJ/Bryan, AJ/Ziggler. Dor/Fox, Rusev/Summer.

Also I think I misread your OP, I read it as "WWE doesn't do straight romance angles ever" when I think it was meant to be read as "WWE isn't doing any romance angles currently." Which is correct.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not sure if it was the last one but off the top of my head, AJ/Bryan, AJ/Ziggler. Dor/Fox, Rusev/Summer.

Also I think I misread your OP, I read it as "WWE doesn't do straight romance angles ever" when I think it was meant to be read as "WWE isn't doing any romance angles currently." Which is correct.
All of those were before I started watching again, I know they used to do them, but currently the only affection shown is between legit couples. Although, now that I think about it they did tease Braun and Alexa a bit.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

AJ/Ziggler were the only ones of those listed that kind of became something off TV before Dolph apparently messed it up lol

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
The AJ/Bryan and then AJ/Bryan/Punk angle was done incredibly well. There are plenty of good angles available for Sasha/Bayley that could benefit all parties involved. This angle would be under the microscope of all media types, so there is very little chance of it devolving into some late 90s trash.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

They were going down the road of Nia Jax and Enzo too

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Relationship angles are cyclical. Otherwise, they lose their effectiveness. Nia & Enzo was a legitimate relationship angle that only didn't (fully) develop because of Enzo getting fired. That being said, it was a typical heteronormative relationship with a small man + big woman "twist". The question is whether they can integrate a LGBT relationship onto the show without making the L the main/only focal point? Their historical track record of LGBT relations(hips) on the show is quite bad, so if nothing else, perhaps some atonement is in order?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Nia Jax clearly is not a peripheral character like Ellsworth is.
True, but it still would have been him using her, much like Mella uses Ellsworth. Only real difference is Nia would compete on her own.

The last relationship angle I remember is Alicia Fox and Cedric Alexander/Noam Dar. lol
I totally forgot about this angle.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Vince has been wanting them to do HLA?

Scissor me timbers.

In an era where the company openly acknowledges superstars' real lives, we're going to do a lesbian angle between a girl who's married to a man and a girl who's engaged to a man. As if this feud couldn't get dumber, well done, WWE.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
True, but it still would have been him using her, much like Mella uses Ellsworth. Only real difference is Nia would compete on her own.

No it wouldn’t, nobody knows. They only got far enough that Nia was starting to put him ahead of Alexa. Enzo was still too big of an act to just be her lackey. Especially given they already had that going on Smackdown.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Scissor me timbers.

In an era where the company openly acknowledges superstars' real lives, we're going to do a lesbian angle between a girl who's married to a man and a girl who's engaged to a man. As if this feud couldn't get dumber, well done, WWE.

Sasha Banks and Bayley are fictional characters on a wrestling television show.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No it wouldn’t, nobody knows. They only got far enough that Nia was starting to put him ahead of Alexa. Enzo was still too big of an act to just be her lackey. Especially given they already had that going on Smackdown.
She was going to be his lackey, not him being hers. That is if you believe Enzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->