Monday Night Raw #185

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Rogers sure doesn't make it easy to cancel anything. Axed WWE Network.

The network is a great product, and I will probably pick it up again at some point in the future, but I have had my fill of Monday Night Wars documentaries, the PPV's aren't particularly exciting. and the actual current product doesn't interest me at all.

I was actually enjoying last night's main event, but once I realized what they had actually done by using Stroman as a decoy so the fans wouldn't shit all over the match, I think that was my breaking point. The product isn't for me, so I will move along.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
That's what they tried to do with Wyatt, for some strange reason. Couldn't write a decent storyline for him to save their lives, so they just pair him with Broken Matt Hardy, hand each one a mic and let 'er rip.

Now he's in limbo again, just as he was last year.

Sheamus and Cesaro were able to turn two middling solo runs into tag team cohesion. Who's going to be the next success story?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well then maybe they should change their booking philosophy that the extra PPVs would generate extra revenue by booking to make numerous stars rather than sacrificing everyone to certain guys they’re trying to force as “the guy.” As it stands, they have a ridiculously bloated roster and no matter how I feel about guys like Roode, they shouldn’t be off Summerslam.

McIntyre, Lashley, Elias, Roode, Orton, Usos, SAnitY, Wyatt, etc., all off the card. Almas and Rusev on the pre-show as the first match. Ambrose gets a pass since he just returned. It’s crazy. I know they’re doing it to keep other companies from having these guys, but do something.
WWE want to book on four/five week cycles and have their big matches on PPV. There's nothing wrong with wanting to do that, it's a perfectly reasonable way to do things. It's something that has worked for a long time, and works right now too.

The next point is that there is no extra revenue to generate. When they had more PPVs in the past there was no increase in Network subscriber numbers, and in fact everyone complained about there being PPVs almost every other week. Fans were getting burnt out very quickly by it. Doing a PPV is very expensive, and they've already seen no gain from doing more. It makes no sense to try again so quickly.

The quality of the booking isn't really important here.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
At this point, there is no way you can call anyone up.

The WWE seem to not have focus on anyone but Roman Reigns or Ronda Rousey. SmackDown is pretty forgettable right now. AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe & Daniel Bryan vs The Miz should have been two rivalry of the year candidates, and neither are that intriquing.

Right now, RAW is at a point where, no one is going to beat Ronda Rousey for a long time, and no one is going to beat Roman Reigns for a long time, with the exception of Braun Strowman.

It's not exciting. Dean Ambrose is a main event guy, who upon a return from injury, got smushed into the midcard. Finn Balor had a big win against Baron Corbin as the Demon. Seth and Dolph just finished a pretty good rivalry.

What does that lead to? NOTHING.

Why? Because the Main Event Picture for RAW is Roman Reigns.

It's not fluid enough.

I dunno if that makes sense.

Reactions: tonyhawks77

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
At this point, there is no way you can call anyone up.

The WWE seem to not have focus on anyone but Roman Reigns or Ronda Rousey. SmackDown is pretty forgettable right now. AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe & Daniel Bryan vs The Miz should have been two rivalry of the year candidates, and neither are that intriquing.

Right now, RAW is at a point where, no one is going to beat Ronda Rousey for a long time, and no one is going to beat Roman Reigns for a long time, with the exception of Braun Strowman.

It's not exciting. Dean Ambrose is a main event guy, who upon a return from injury, got smushed into the midcard. Finn Balor had a big win against Baron Corbin as the Demon. Seth and Dolph just finished a pretty good rivalry.

What does that lead to? NOTHING.

Why? Because the Main Event Picture for RAW is Roman Reigns.

It's not fluid enough.

I dunno if that makes sense.
Oh it makes sense.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The reason NXT is awesome? Every TakeOver, there's different rivalries, different wrestlers on the cards.

The multiple event rivalries are saved for the Joe/Balor's and Gargano's/Ciampa's.

NXT is focused on the entire roster as a collective.

WWE is focused on one person.

This should literally be a goldern era right now with how stocked the talent level is. Instead it f***ing sucks.

The WWE deserves AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, The Club, to all leave and go back to NJPW in January. They deserve to be turned down by Kenny Omega, Cody Rhodes, The Young Bucks in January.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
I think I'm the only one here that kind of likes Roman and has been pleased with his progression.

That being said... they definitely need to mess with the crowd noise or this will be a disaster :laugh:. Wasn't in Orlando after Wrestlemania that he got absolutely shitted on for like 10 straight minutes. Imagine the reaction in Brooklyn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad