Proposal: Monahan to Montreal for 4th overall.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I love Matthew Tkachuk but you don't trade away your 1C, so you can have a team with cute matching names. I'd rather keep Monahan and go out and get Freddie Hamilton again. Or maybe grab Barclay Goodrow and Frederick Gaudreau

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Mathew Tkachuk is our best player imo. If we can get another Tkachuk that is just as effective then we really should do it. I love the idea of having those 2 out there totally disrupting opposing teams lol.

So you want to trade our #1 center so we can have brother combo? What if he is another Keith Gretzky ?

The Red Mile

Dec 18, 2013
Northern B.C.
You're insane.
Am I? I may be totally off base here but I think Brady Tkachuk could be a game changer just like his brother. I ask all Flames fans would you rather trade Mathew Tkachuk or Sean Monahan? I watch every Flames game and Tkachuk is always a factor in each and every game. I love Monahan but he tends to disappear for quite a few games at a time. I truly believe he is better suited as a number 2 center. We still need a true number 1 center imo.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Am I? I may be totally off base here but I think Brady Tkachuk could be a game changer just like his brother. I ask all Flames fans would you rather trade Mathew Tkachuk or Sean Monahan? I watch every Flames game and Tkachuk is always a factor in each and every game. I love Monahan but he tends to disappear for quite a few games at a time. I truly believe he is better suited as a number 2 center. We still need a true number 1 center imo.

Brady is a top tier prospect, but it’s far from a guarantee that he will become as good or better than his brother. In fact, your lucky if you get 5 players a draft that become topline players. We have that in Monahan now, and he’s a C, you just can’t take that risk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad