Post-Game Talk: (MOD WARNING POST #180) Oilers 2, Canucks 0: gg no re

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
You forgot Megna!

Why did you remind me :(

Well he's terribad.

Ok, he was supposed to be puck retrieval but Chaput is just better than him already. Actually Megna with the Sedins other than ridiculous deployment issues was somewhat logical.

Still didn't work though.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
I imagine he is dying to fire these guys but he is holding on because he doesn't want to appear he is meddling. I think at the end of the season and he sees how much money the team lost he will seriously consider it.
I think that's the exact reason they haven't been fired.

Fear of his public image.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
2-5-2 so far in March and those two wins were in California. Wish we had 1-4 less points due to that

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
So thought the Canucks held their own tonight. Pretty much as good a result as I could have requested. Held a better team even for the most part, but lost. I mean is anyone wanting anything other than a good draft pick at this point.

But we have been competitive in almost every game this year. What more do you want. a team that is in games, entertaining (and massive injuries and diseases this year, but has a real shot at # 1 overall) All it will take is luck and damn are we overdue.

They're not entertaining unless you're just entertained by results. I fell asleep during games so many times this year.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Just a brutal product. Watching the Leafs game and then this disgrace of a team is just depressing.

Hockey Gods have mercy and give us Hischier.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Sure if WD had ever done that to anyone in his tenure, maybe. But he hasn't so probably just stupidity.

The thought of it made me laugh, trying to picture Willie going full Keenan. It is the least to me as the least likely thing Willie would do but something Keenan would. He'd probably breakdown and cry while saying it.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Eriksson... snake bit... for an entire season...

:shakehead

Eriksson, a highly skilled top 6 winger that requires a strong north-south top 6 center to be able to produce consistently....

:nod:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lol....it's taken Willie a total of 71 games to finally load up a number one line which doesn't involve the Sedins....and look what happened.....too bad....maybe if he'd been more willing to shake things up and change the look on the pp, he might have had a shot at holding on to his job.....but the pp basically cost them another game tonight.

And I know posters on these boards are big supporters of Edler, but was turnstyled by McDavid on the first goal; and took the penalty on the 2-0 goal. Maybe he's trying to do too much, but he's the next member of the old guard that Benning needs to visit about waiving his NTC.

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
Eriksson... snake bit... for an entire season...

:shakehead

Eriksson, a highly skilled top 6 winger that requires a strong north-south top 6 center to be able to produce consistently....

:nod:

Sounds like you're describing Sutter to me.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
They're not entertaining unless you're just entertained by results. I fell asleep during games so many times this year.

Ya I can appreciate the glass half full approach to this rough ride but c'mon. Watch a game that doesn't involve Vancouver then come back and tell me this team is entertaining. It just isn't true.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Ya I can appreciate the glass half full approach to this rough ride but c'mon. Watch a game that doesn't involve Vancouver then come back and tell me this team is entertaining. It just isn't true.

No, you're right. I watched Arizona's game against LA the other night. Even the Coyotes are on another level compared to Vancouver.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011

I will say that occasionally they can play to the level of their competition. I was at the Leafs/Canucks game and it was great.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Danniel Winnik, Brett Connolly, Jay Beagle, Dennis Rasmussen, Vinnie Hinostroza, these players are all so much better than Granlund?

Well Connolly plays 10 minutes a game and have 15 goals and 6 assists....

All the other guys are bottom 6 guys playing in a bottom 6 role and they are like scoring 10 points less than Granlund.

When other team's bottom 6 guys are scoring 10 points less than our 2nd line/1st line winger. Well do I really need to spell it out for you?

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Well Connolly plays 10 minutes a game and have 15 goals and 6 assists....

All the other guys are bottom 6 guys playing in a bottom 6 role and they are like scoring 10 points less than Granlund.

When other team's bottom 6 guys are scoring 10 points less than our 2nd line/1st line winger. Well do I really need to spell it out for you?

Please do.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Please do.

In the game of hockey, two team plays against each other and the team that scores more wins.
Naturally you would want to have guys that can score more so you can win more games.
When the other team's crappiest players score at the same pace as your "good" players, it means you have a really ****** team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad