Post-Game Talk: (MOD WARNING POST #180) Oilers 2, Canucks 0: gg no re

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The Oilers played pretty bad for a playoff team. If they play like that vs the Sharks or someone similar, they'd get ripped apart.

salo franchise

Mar 15, 2014
Actually based on performance I don't think Gaunce deserves to be at this level either. But he probably hasn't gotten the opportunities to show what he can do. He played a safe game the whole year. I can't blame him for that but IMO we still have no idea if he's viable as an NHL guy.

Gaunce is a good possession player/minute-eater but can't finish

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Actually based on performance I don't think Gaunce deserves to be at this level either. But he probably hasn't gotten the opportunities to show what he can do. He played a safe game the whole year. I can't blame him for that but IMO we still have no idea if he's viable as an NHL guy.

Well the only reason I included him is because he is actually good at his role. He gets like crazy dzone starts and he pretty much nails it. I mean as a 4th line center that's not bad. He doesn't score but then he doesn't get scored on as well.

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
28th in Goals for last year

29th in Goals for this year

So glad we took a defencemen 5th overall :facepalm:

matthew tkachuk wouldve been perfect with horvat and boeser

tkachuk horvat boeser

WHAT THE **** WAS BENNING THINKING? CHRIST. we have try, stecher, gud, hutton as young guys under than 25.

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014

Give Gaunce every minute that Granlund gets. Not a chance he gets 19 goals. Might have one by now though.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think Oilers will experience an early 1st round exit this year, but who knows - their goalie is hot at the moment Cam Talbot with 64 games - he might be exhausted before the playoffs starts. :)

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I'm going to say one last thing about Granlund because clearly this isn't a good environment.

He was on a line that created space for him and he played well. As I've said all year, he struggles to find space so it's not surprising he played well with Horvat and Baertschi.

He wasn't good on that PK. He didn't win a lot of board battles. He had one or two takeaways because of guile which is how he usually get those.

That's pretty much the picture he's painted all year - he's a guy who still needs a lot of work.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
No. I think you're just looking for a silver lining to anything this season

I mean does anyone really think good teams like Chicago and Washington would play a guy like Granlund?
Good teams don't have players like that on their roster for a reason.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
I mean does anyone really think good teams like Chicago and Washington would play a guy like Granlund?

Yep, need more Guance out there...would have been the difference.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
JUklmM7.png

Strong possession game.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Nucks deserved at least 1 pts and OT hockey in this game, and some shots in the posts as well.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

"He has more goals than Toews"

Is a response I'll expect :laugh:

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
I'm going to say one last thing about Granlund because clearly this isn't a good environment.

He was on a line that created space for him and he played well. As I've said all year, he struggles to find space so it's not surprising he played well with Horvat and Baertschi.

He wasn't good on that PK. He didn't win a lot of board battles. He had one or two takeaways because of guile which is how he usually get those.

That's pretty much the picture he's painted all year - he's a guy who still needs a lot of work.

I don't think any of us think he is a stud or world beater. Simply that he is showing some Improvement this year, has a bit of skill, and does not deserve the vitriol he receives on this board.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
I wish they'd stop going on and on about Granlund.....oh well,what do they know.

Oh leave them be, nothing wrong w being happy a borderline nhler has had good goal production. No big deal if ppl wanna have fun w it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad