Dreger: MN could move Dumba

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Wild fans are generally having a hard time gauging his value. Not sure which teams would be interested. He’s been awful this year, but had a 50 point season as a 23yo and was on pace for 30 goals and about 60 points last year when he tore his peck.

Reactions: BHD

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014

Wild fans are generally having a hard time gauging his value. Not sure which teams would be interested. He’s been awful this year, but had a 50 point season as a 23yo and was on pace for 30 goals and about 60 points last year when he tore his peck.

Bergevin will jump on that. Mark my word.

Dumba in Montreal in June. Would be smart to prepare for Petry departure.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He’s been better as of late, still not his old self, and still hasn’t been able to score, but playing better.

I would expect that if his value is closer to the type of player he’s been this season, he won’t be moved. If Guerin can secure a top 6 center based on the 1.5 seasons prior, he might.

Reactions: BHD

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Dumba is having a rough year, not sure selling low on him is a good idea
Nor am I. It seems that we may be entering a multi year rebuild though. I wouldn’t be against moving him for a good young asset. I mean, he’s got 3 years left after this year, and that might be when we start contending again if all goes right. We could lose him as a UFA at that point anyways. He’ll be 28, so not super old, but again, if there’s a good player to be had that makes sense...

Reactions: Chrisinroch

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Not sure that Carolina would have interest now that Hamilton might be our long-term, but if they did, Necas would need to be involved for it to make sense.

Reactions: Mitts888 and BHD

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Spurgeon's signed forever and has an NMC. Soucy's looking like a top-4 guy and can play both sides, as can Brodin. Menell's killing the AHL and looked ready in his cup of coffee this year. Belpedio's also doing well down there, though I think he still plays on the left?

It'd be a good time to at least explore the options and see if he'd bring back the center we need... if he wasn't in the middle of his worst season to date. If GMs figure that this is just a hiccup after three seasons of solid upward trajectory maybe it doesn't matter. If they're looking more like bargain hunters this would be the dumbest possible time to trade him.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Should be a fun thread
It's not the right time to trade the guy. Because of the injury and how he looked since coming back, it will be underwhelming for sure.

I hope for Minny fans sake the "return" is not something around the Leafs players mentioned in the tweet, that would be catastrophic.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Hockeyfan200

Jun 15, 2019
Not sure that Carolina would have interest now that Hamilton might be our long-term, but if they did, Necas would need to be involved for it to make sense.

Why even post this? Gosh other teams are offering trash for wild players.

You are upses with trading wild players & bringing up this trades

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It's not the right time to trade the guy. Because of the injury and how he looked since coming back, it will be underwhelming for sure.

And if this is the case, I trust he won’t be moved.

Makes perfect sense for Guerin to shop him though, and I could easily see a team that needs a guy like Dumba focusing more on the last two seasons rather than the first half of this one.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

I hope for Minny fans sake the "return" is not something around the Leafs players mentioned in the tweet, that would be catastrophic.
If Guerin is that dumb he's going to make Fenton look like a trip to Disneyland.

Reactions: BHD and AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Guerin is that dumb he's going to make Fenton look like a trip to Disneyland.

All things considered, from a hockey operations standpoint, and hindsight being 20/20, Fenton probably gets slightly too much flak these days.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I'm good with his trades for the most part, but that 6 months was still a wild ride.
Yeah but I actually enjoyed it. For better or worse, I like the excitement of the business and constructing a team. I also like the optimism that can come with each new player. That’s why I kinda just want Guerin to make some moves. I might hate them, but I’ll find a way to be excited.

Reactions: AKL

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah but I actually enjoyed it. For better or worse, I like the excitement of the business and constructing a team. I also like the optimism that can come with each new player. That’s why I kinda just want Guerin to make some moves. I might hate them, but I’ll find a way to be excited.

You and me are not so different

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Any guesses what the wild would be asking for? And why move on from a young player whose on a rough patch anyway?

Also: Has there been a comparable trade with a player of Dumbas value?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Dumba has actually a much better track record than burns had at the same age and burns effectively returned: 60 point 23yo winger, Charlie Coyle (late 1st) and a late 1st. Note: we sent back a 2nd

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA

That's a major trade to address a short-term hole for a team that is built to compete over the long-term. I don't see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad